Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New service starting on 07-18-2018

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    Not everyone wants/needs Unlimited. I have no interest in Unlimited, I'm not a data porker, I don't want de-pri, and I don't want to pay more. .
    Listen the 2 GB plan is $55. Go is $50 a line for 3 lines $40 for 4 lines. Beyond is $50 for 4 lines. So what you are saying is want the ability to pay MORE for less?

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Listen the 2 GB plan is $55. Go is $50 a line for 3 lines $40 for 4 lines. Beyond is $50 for 4 lines. So what you are saying is want the ability to pay MORE for less?
    So the 2GB plan is $55+20+20+20+20 for 4 lines, which is a total of $135, Beyond is a total of $200. $135 is less than $200. Let me give you another example, since you didn't seem to bother to do that math out. I have 20GB MSV on AT&T, which is $160 for 4 lines. Unlimited Plus is $190 for four lines. If you compare 2 lines on our MSV plan, that's $130 versus $150 for Unlimited Plus. That's not even accounting for a 20% discount we're getting on MSV that we wouldn't get on Unlimited. There are some perks on Unlimited Plus like free HBO and $15/mo off of DirecTV, but those aren't useful or relevant for everyone. So you might want to actually do the math before you make posts about which is cheaper. On both carriers, Unlimited is significantly more expensive than tiered data plans for moderate data users.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    So the 2GB plan is $55+20+20+20+20 for 4 lines, which is a total of $135, Beyond is a total of $200. $135 is less than $200. Let me give you another example, since you didn't seem to bother to do that math out. I have 20GB MSV on AT&T, which is $160 for 4 lines. Unlimited Plus is $190 for four lines. If you compare 2 lines on our MSV plan, that's $130 versus $150 for Unlimited Plus. That's not even accounting for a 20% discount we're getting on MSV that we wouldn't get on Unlimited. There are some perks on Unlimited Plus like free HBO and $15/mo off of DirecTV, but those aren't useful or relevant for everyone. So you might want to actually do the math before you make posts about which is cheaper. On both carriers, Unlimited is significantly more expensive than tiered data plans for moderate data users.
    We are talking about the mix and match plans. You are now talking about old plans. You claimed to want the ability to add tired data to these plans. I'm showing you that it's more expensive that way. Oh by the way HUGE defense between 2 GB SHARED with 4 lines and Beyond with 4 lines. So yeah it would be more expensive. But that is NOT the topic we were tlaking about anyway. And also I never said it was cheaper. I clearly said adding tired data to mix and match( if it was available to do ) was more expensive. Can you read?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dffdce View Post
    Is that a new feature and/or does it need to be enabled or something? This is all I see after using 512MB

Attachment 158387
    All I can tell you is that this info is currently in the Verizon Travelpass FAQ. Haven't tested myself yet. When I used Travelpass last year it certainly wasn't there.
    ---
    Cellular One (AT&T), Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, back to Verizon

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    That's the thing unlimited plans don't have line access fees and tiered plans so. So that would be confusing. Also the 2, 4 and 6 GB plans are shared plans not single line plans. Though you could get a single line with them. However the 2 GB plan on single line is $55 Go on 3 lines or more is cheaper. The 4 and 8 GB plans are more expensive. Verizon should just dump the tired plans and maybe add a lower priced unlimited plan with say a fixed speed of 10 Mbps. And perhaps tweak Go and Beyond( like they SHOULD have already ). However the haters would once again bash Verizon for calling a plan "unlimited" with a fixed speed.
    Yes, the current setup would have to change for it to be feasible to be able to add tiered data to one or more lines of a family plan with unlimited on at least one other line. The problem for me is that I have three lines, two regularly use less than 2GB of data, and one line uses ALL of the rest of the data. But I see no financial reason for Verizon to lower costs for people like me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    Yes, the current setup would have to change for it to be feasible to be able to add tiered data to one or more lines of a family plan with unlimited on at least one other line. The problem for me is that I have three lines, two regularly use less than 2GB of data, and one line uses ALL of the rest of the data. But I see no financial reason for Verizon to lower costs for people like me.
    Have you though about prepaid? You can actually have 2 lines on 3 GB and 1 line on Unlimited( basically Go Unlimited )for $125. Of course you can't do device payments on repaid though.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    All I can tell you is that this info is currently in the Verizon Travelpass FAQ. Haven't tested myself yet. When I used Travelpass last year it certainly wasn't there.
    Thanks, apparently this is new since the middle of March when I was in Europe. Will check it out again in a few weeks.

In case anyone else is interested the info is here.

7. I reached the daily high speed data limit on TravelPass. How do I get more high speed data?

You have the option to purchase more high speed data if you use your daily allowance on TravelPass, or if you have an unlimited plan with Mexico and Canada included. Here's how it works.

• We'll send you a text message with an offer for an additional 512 MB of high speed data to use during the same 24-hour session.

The fee is $5 in Mexico and Canada and $10 in all other TravelPass countries.

• If you respond yes to this text message, you'll receive another 512 MB of high speed data to use in the same 24-hour session. You can purchase additional 512 MB of high speed data multiple times during a single 24-hour session.

• Any purchased high speed data is limited to a single 24-hour session and does not roll over.

Additional high speed data sessions are not available in Cyprus, Gibraltar and Greenland.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dffdce View Post
    Thanks, apparently this is new since the middle of March when I was in Europe. Will check it out again in a few weeks.

In case anyone else is interested the info is here.
    Actually I'm not thrilled with the new feature. My son is going to Japan in August and the LAST thing I needed was his ability to purchase additional high speed data...

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    We are talking about the mix and match plans. You are now talking about old plans. You claimed to want the ability to add tired data to these plans. I'm showing you that it's more expensive that way. Oh by the way HUGE defense between 2 GB SHARED with 4 lines and Beyond with 4 lines. So yeah it would be more expensive. But that is NOT the topic we were tlaking about anyway. And also I never said it was cheaper. I clearly said adding tired data to mix and match( if it was available to do ) was more expensive. Can you read?
    Dude, maybe you should THINK before posting and yelling at people. If there were mix and match plans, they obviously wouldn't just be two existing plans mashed together, that completely defeats the purpose of a family plan. It would be something different, so you can't just compare current plans and then claim that it would be more expensive. That just makes absolutely no sense. That "logic" is completely illogical.

If they did blended plans, it would be something like, say, you add a line for $20, you start with 2GB of shared data, and each line you add adds another 2GB or something. Of course, they wouldn't make it that attractive, so it would probably be set up to be barely better than just adding Unlimited lines. The only incentive I can see for Verizon is to keep the barrier to entry to add lines low, and then upsell them hard onto Unlimited by not offering more than the 2+2n GB of data with a 128kbps hard throttle on the metered lines, n being the number of tiered data lines added. This would be a great way to get kids phones onto the network quicker, then upsell them as their data usage grows.

Yes, Beyond has a lot more data, but that's the comparison between Unlimited and not Unlimited. I won't compare to Go Unlimited, as it's depri and no MHS, whereas tiered data plans don't have depri and do have MHS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3