Thread: Did i blow it!

Feedback Score

Did i blow it!

I just signed up for the $15 plan coming from vzw. Hows the service in nyc? IPHONE X UNLOCKED

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You probably should have asked this before you switched. I'm sure it's fine in general.

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbudha View Post
    I just signed up for the $15 plan coming from vzw. Hows the service in nyc? IPHONE X UNLOCKED
    In NYC, there's Verizon, and there's not Verizon. All carriers have service pretty much everywhere outdoors in NYC though. It's the rural coverage that's different. AT&T used to be in last place in NYC, but now they've gotten more spectrum online for LTE, and it's getting a lot better.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Since you have the plan, is there sales tax and fees added to this price?

Feedback Score
    Got my sim kit today, I waited for a half hour on the phone for the activation dept. so I decided just to hang up and not join sprint. So I am staying with vzw. I hope I can get my money back.

Feedback Score
    Got my sim kit today, I waited for a half hour on the phone for the activation dept. so I decided just to hang up and not join sprint. So I am staying with vzw. I hope I can get my money back.
    There is normally no delay in answering, but there was a huge load today (Friday) because it was to be the last day of the KickStart promotion.

But you now have an extra week to sign up by calling in and the load should be gone by Monday or Tuesday if not earlier because online signup has closed off.

You have your choice of KickStart ($15 plus $5 taxes) or the Free plan (taxes of $5 only but lasts only one year)

Personally I would go for the free plan.

Of course you can forget it if you prefer but I am just letting you know that you can still try it if you want.

Feedback Score
    Not sure why OP needed to call, I ported in and signed up with no human interaction via their website.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
    Not sure why OP needed to call, I ported in and signed up with no human interaction via their website.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

online signup has closed off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    There is normally no delay in answering, but there was a huge load today (Friday) because it was to be the last day of the KickStart promotion.

But you now have an extra week to sign up by calling in and the load should be gone by Monday or Tuesday if not earlier because online signup has closed off.

You have your choice of KickStart ($15 plus $5 taxes) or the Free plan (taxes of $5 only but lasts only one year)

Personally I would go for the free plan.

Of course you can forget it if you prefer but I am just letting you know that you can still try it if you want.
    iam so un-sure about the service?

Feedback Score
    iam so un-sure about the service?
    If the coverage maps for your area show good coverage, that is not conclusive but is at least a good start.

Nothing beats trying it for a while though.

Feedback Score
    Are you saying you'll still be able to get the Kickstart plan by calling in or only if you were able to process an order by the end of day Friday? I wasn't able to get in due to a credit error but I know my credit is excellent so I am confused.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dhduff View Post
    Are you saying you'll still be able to get the Kickstart plan by calling in or only if you were able to process an order by the end of day Friday? I wasn't able to get in due to a credit error but I know my credit is excellent so I am confused.
    Since you applied on a timely basis, I do not see why they would not include you once you straighten out the issue, but it will depend on the rep and on you being clear about it.

"Credit errors" are not normally real credit errors but rather identity issues. Call 800-639-6116 to straighten out the credit or identity issue. That is better than having Sales start a dialogue with a credit rep. Odds are good it can be straightened out. Ask for a credit dept supervisor if you are not getting anywhere.

Then call TeleSales, if need be, to ask them to complete the order that you started to place last week. At least one person reported he has convinced them to enter a new order even though the date passed by giving them a "sob story" as he put it.. Obviously one needs to have a good case which you do. I would have the sim in hand already so they can just do it.

They are not taking orders from people who simply missed the deadline due simply to leaving it too late.

If that all falls through, just enroll in the Free Plan which is better anyway in my opinion (and in fact I would suggest forget kickstart). I tried kickstart and dumped it because of the video limits (no HD) and no hotspot.
    Last edited by comintel; 06-17-2018 at 10:54 PM.