Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: AT&T Improvements in South Burbs - Chicago

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    2,075
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    AT&T Improvements in South Burbs - Chicago

    Was at my home and doing Verizon vs AT&T speed test.. and noticed AT&T has done some sort of improvement. I would normally get 20mbps with AT&T but now I have hit 86mbps. Far as I can tell im on and been on band 30 in this area.. does anyone have any thoughts of how im getting faster speeds. Im by Frankfort
    AT&T LTE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    310
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOBILE GSM View Post
    Was at my home and doing Verizon vs AT&T speed test.. and noticed AT&T has done some sort of improvement. I would normally get 20mbps with AT&T but now I have hit 86mbps. Far as I can tell im on and been on band 30 in this area.. does anyone have any thoughts of how im getting faster speeds. Im by Frankfort
    Cool. I’m with T-Mobile but will be moving to AT&T. I’m in Orland Park. Happen to notice any changes here?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    2,075
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by michko View Post
    Cool. I’m with T-Mobile but will be moving to AT&T. I’m in Orland Park. Happen to notice any changes here?
    I have now generally seen an bump overall around the area. I don't know if AT&T upgraded their back haul's recently but in Waukegan I was able to pull down 117mb where previously would be maybe 30mbps.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    2,219
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    In Orland, it makes a difference what side of town you're on. On Lagrange near the mall.....Lowe's,...chick fil a.... junk speeds. Go further east to almost Harlem, great speeds.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    2,219
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by michko View Post
    Cool. I’m with T-Mobile but will be moving to AT&T. I’m in Orland Park. Happen to notice any changes here?
    Here is 159th near Harlem. Pretty good for this time of day. Upload for me everywhere.....even other states/cities has been strangly slow.....no idea why. Name:  Screenshot_20180623-185446_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  22.3 KBName:  Screenshot_20180623-185438_Service%20mode%20RIL.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  57.8 KB

    Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago/Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    4,527
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizam76 View Post
    Here is 159th near Harlem. Pretty good for this time of day. Upload for me everywhere.....even other states/cities has been strangly slow.....no idea why. Name:  Screenshot_20180623-185446_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  22.3 KBName:  Screenshot_20180623-185438_Service%20mode%20RIL.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  57.8 KB

    Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app
    Start using a different server! I’ve been testing AT&T with the Speedtest.net server lately. There’s also an AT&T Wireless server (not the one in Cicero)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    2,219
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    Start using a different server! I’ve been testing AT&T with the Speedtest.net server lately. There’s also an AT&T Wireless server (not the one in Cicero)
    I'm gonna start server flipping. ServerCentral always was accurate. Might be slipping!

    Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA Chicago
    Posts
    135
    Device(s)
    Apple Iphone6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T LTE
    Feedback Score
    0
    OpenSignal app is better at speedtest. Plus it builds coverage maps and average speed stats


    Two great smartphone apps to find cell towers and map actual coverage areas
    1. Cellmapper
    2. OpenSignal

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago/Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    4,527
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizam76 View Post
    I'm gonna start server flipping. ServerCentral always was accurate. Might be slipping!

    Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app
    Really, try speedtest and AT&T wireless servers.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    2,075
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    Really, try speedtest and AT&T wireless servers.

    Just ran a speed test at home and speeds have further increased to now 104 and 10 up! This was on band 30!
    Impressive Att is quietly improving the overall experience... I wonder what they are up to.
    Name:  45593F48-263F-420C-85BE-BC6951350DB6.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  22.2 KBName:  C401E1A1-4B1A-4D55-8DF5-13088EC74827.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  33.6 KB

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA Chicago
    Posts
    135
    Device(s)
    Apple Iphone6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T LTE
    Feedback Score
    0

    AT&T Improvements in South Burbs - Chicago

    Yesterday At&T put up a new cell tower antenna by Michigan and Ohio downtown. Speeds have doubled
    100mbps. Down. 30mbps up
    Going be benefitical during parades like the Christmas magnificent lights festival
    Last edited by hdtvtechno; 08-09-2018 at 03:39 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    2,075
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtvtechno View Post
    Yesterday At&T put up a new cell tower antenna by Michigan and Ohio downtown. Speeds have doubled
    Going be benefitical during parades like the Christmas magnificent lights festival
    Excellent!!! I just hope they add some more capacity at Ogilvie and in that area... a lot of time during rush I have a stale LTE connection.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    2,075
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtvtechno View Post
    Yesterday At&T put up a new cell tower antenna by Michigan and Ohio downtown. Speeds have doubled
    Going be benefitical during parades like the Christmas magnificent lights festival
    Excellent!!! I just hope they add some more capacity at Ogilvie and in that area... a lot of time during rush I have a stale LTE connection.

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T Roaming in Idaho
    By tmobileuser1234 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2015, 09:53 PM
  2. at&t Mobility down in South Florida
    By vtecsohc in forum AT&T
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 10:47 AM
  3. Has AT&T GSM improved in Minneapolis?
    By Bratan in forum AT&T
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 02:52 AM
  4. At&t Roaming Active in South Jersey now?
    By Justin5117 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 08:57 AM
  5. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 03:04 PM

Bookmarks