Thread: AT&T Prepaid iPhone SE 32GB $145 ($100 + $45 refill)

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score

AT&T Prepaid iPhone SE 32GB $145 ($100 + $45 refill)

https://www.att.com/cellphones/iphon...sku=sku8730580

Price dropped by $50, possibly due to new phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I wish I knew the actual rules for unlocking after 6 months. Does the phone have to be exclusively used? Or used at some point every month? Or 6 months after being first used on Prepaid (assuming account remains active the whole time)?

This would be a nice phone to replace a cheap android phone I am currently using for a "home phone" replacement on a real cheap plan, which is on an ATT MVNO.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I wish I knew the actual rules for unlocking after 6 months. Does the phone have to be exclusively used? Or used at some point every month? Or 6 months after being first used on Prepaid (assuming account remains active the whole time)?

This would be a nice phone to replace a cheap android phone I am currently using for a "home phone" replacement on a real cheap plan, which is on an ATT MVNO.
    Phone must be used on AT&T prepaid for
    6 months of active service before it can be
    Unlocked. But it can be used on other att
    Mvnos like cricket , TracFone att ect without
    Being unlocked.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Phone must be used on AT&T prepaid for
    6 months of active service before it can be
    Unlocked. But it can be used on other att
    Mvnos like cricket , TracFone att ect without
    Being unlocked.
    6 months continuous? What about if you swap the sim to another phone for 1 day in month 5? Does the clock start over?

I see in the Cricket forum that their reps claim if the SIM is moved to another phone the clock resets. If so, then it isn't as good of deal for a backup phone. Though I guess this prevents you from getting more than 1 subsidized phone outstanding at a time, such as buying 1 ever month or 2, then 6 months later being able to unlock them.

Feedback Score
    6 months continuous? What about if you swap the sim to another phone for 1 day in month 5? Does the clock start over?

I see in the Cricket forum that their reps claim if the SIM is moved to another phone the clock resets. If so, then it isn't as good of deal for a backup phone. Though I guess this prevents you from getting more than 1 subsidized phone outstanding at a time, such as buying 1 ever month or 2, then 6 months later being able to unlock them.
    Unsure if the clock resets if you move
    The Sim. The folks at AT&T should tell you
    More.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Unsure if the clock resets if you move
    The Sim. The folks at AT&T should tell you
    More.
    I bought one 7 mo ago when it first went to $150. Never hooked it to ATT. Sent the unlock info the other day for it and it was approved.

As far as I know you don’t have to have it hooked up to ATT at all to get it unlocked in 6mo.

Sent from the X

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

In my experience about a year ago it seemed to reset the clock whenever you swap a SIM.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The price is just so appealing. Especially compared to the $1150 I paid for the X

I can't see it dropping much further. This seems to be about the price the 5s got to on prepaid carriers before they sold out, and the SE started to become available discounted (at $200).

I've told myself I shouldn't buy any new phones that don't support B14 and B71. I should listen to him.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I saw a photo on another thread anyway where, to get the $45 credit, you either have to be a new customer, or have been a customer for at least 4 months, and no credit for at least 6 months.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I bought this to use on my existing account. Phone is yet you come, but I am told that I can use the $45 credit on my existing prepaid account, even though the phone comes activated with a new number and the $45 credit is actually tied to the IMEI of the phone with the new number.

I will have to verify the phone support’s claim when I get the phone. Can’t beat $100 for a decent new iPhone. Using AT&T Prepaid for a little over a year now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolchicagoguy View Post
    I bought this to use on my existing account. Phone is yet you come, but I am told that I can use the $45 credit on my existing prepaid account, even though the phone comes activated with a new number and the $45 credit is actually tied to the IMEI of the phone with the new number.

I will have to verify the phone support’s claim when I get the phone. Can’t beat $100 for a decent new iPhone. Using AT&T Prepaid for a little over a year now.
    Please let us know how that turns out. My wife went swimming with her att postpaid phone, so we are debating what to do.
    Ideally, I'd like to pick up this SE phone and give it to her (att postpaid), and continue to use my existing iphone on prepaid while also getting the credit... neither of us want a new number, so that seems like it could be a convoluted mess to try and implement, however.