Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AT&T Prepaid iPhone SE 32GB $145 ($100 + $45 refill)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    go here and select non AT&T customer - https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/unlockstep1
    Thanks for the link.
    in the phone the whole six months, if you remove the sim to use in a different phone it resets the phone unlock clock.
    see here post #10 - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...an-be-unlockedYes, I'd read that in the forum, also.
    Now a new twist. ATT FB media manager ck5914 got back to me. He said that my 6 months will be August 30. He didn't explain why (30th vs 27th), but it occurred to me that it may have had something to do with Feb being a shorter month. I'll let you know how it goes on Thursday. Since my phone call to AT&T yesterday, I realized that the agent had seen the last active connection for my iphone on July 5. Although she kept saying that was the "activation" date, I think the two words were being confused. (Although fluent, she did speak with a non-English agent.) However, one thing is absolutely certain, she did lie to me when stating that the the correct activation date was now in the system so I would be able to unlock. I would have preferred she had done the Comcast thing: disconnect when you can't handle the call!

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchea View Post
    Now a new twist. ATT FB media manager ck5914 got back to me. He said that my 6 months will be August 30. He didn't explain why (30th vs 27th), but it occurred to me that it may have had something to do with Feb being a shorter month. I'll let you know how it goes on Thursday. Since my phone call to AT&T yesterday, I realized that the agent had seen the last active connection for my iphone on July 5. Although she kept saying that was the "activation" date, I think the two words were being confused. (Although fluent, she did speak with a non-English agent.) However, one thing is absolutely certain, she did lie to me when stating that the the correct activation date was now in the system so I would be able to unlock. I would have preferred she had done the Comcast thing: disconnect when you can't handle the call!
    I recall that even though it is 6-months of use for unlocking, it is actually 7-calendar months required for unlock to be approved.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your help.
    It may be that one must pay the 7th month which would be after the end of the 6th month. I checked my acct and the next payment is on Aug 29. That would mean the 30th is the first day AFTER 6 months. The issue here may be semantics. We know that prepaid works by 30 day cycles, not actual months. I wonder if that 6 "months" is really 6 pay cycles. There's a difference. If that's the case, it should be stated that way.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolchicagoguy View Post
    I recall that even though it is 6-months of use for unlocking, it is actually 7-calendar months required for unlock to be approved.
    Nope it’s 6 months. Unlocked my phone at exactly 5 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Despite having my ATT Prepaid IPhone 6 activated for six months making sure that the account remained active ATT refused to unlock the handset when using the existing customer route.

I tried the the non customer route and the unlock was accepted first time a few minutes after having an unlock declined when using existing customer route.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I will try non-customer route if "official" route doesn't work tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Still waiting on the official route. At least this time, I didn't get the nearly immediate denial when I confirmed my request. I got the standard screen reply showing request number and that it could be up to 48 hours--which has now passed. When you go to check the status of the request, that 48 hours becomes two business days which means Tuesday at the soonest, I suppose. It's a good thing I'm not in a hurry.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Just got word the unlock went through. After erasing the phone data, a msg appeared that indicated the phone is unlocked.
    Last edited by ritchea; 09-03-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Feedback Score
    Is there a 3rd party unlock that works for the AT&T Prepaid iPhone SE? I don't want to wait 6 months.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mwb1100 View Post
    Is there a 3rd party unlock that works for the AT&T Prepaid iPhone SE? I don't want to wait 6 months.
    Doesn't appear to be. But the phone should still be usable on the ATT network (postpaid, ATT MVNOs, etc). Just not on Sprint/T-Mobile/Verizon or internationally.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3