Thread: Wifi Calling - Puzzling Situation

Device(s)
    iPhone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Wifi Calling - Puzzling Situation

Hello -

We are coming back to Page Plus after being on Verizon for too long.

In terms and conditions they state: "Wi-Fi Calling is available only on phones that are Wi-Fi Calling capable. Wi-Fi Calling provides you the ability to make and receive phone calls and text messages over a Wi-Fi connection."

All 4 phones are wifi calling capable. There are 3 different models of LG (all have the same menu system) and an iPhone 6s plus. All had wifi calling activated and used successfully before the move to Page Plus.

Here's the funny part: On 2 of the LGs, after moving to PP, the menu item to turn on Wifi Calling is gone. Same with the iPhone. On the other LG (mine, luckily) absolutely nothing about the menus changed. Wifi calling is still active. (I don't know if it works yet as I haven't gotten home where we have wifi but no cell reception.)

Also, the iPhone says the cellular network is TFW (Tracfone, which I know owns Page Plus), but all of the LGs still say the network is Verizon.

Anyone have any deep thoughts about what might be going on here?

Thanks!
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.
    --E.B. White

Device(s)
    LG600G
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    The only Tracfone system that I have seen WiFi calling working on is the T-Mobile based phones/SIMs. There has been a few reports with Verizon based phones/SIMs, but I not sure if it is an accident or what tho.

Feedback Score
    Wi-Fi calling is a part of the Advanced Calling feature on Verizon, and they have not fully implimented that on the MVNOs. HD Voice was just recently opened up on TracFone...big discussion in that forum about it.

Yes, T-Mobile has had advanced calling features avaiiable on the MVNOs for some time.

Common for an iPhone to show TFW instead of Verizon. Androids usually show Verizon.