Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Administration Fees Increased Again

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Administration Fees Increased Again

In 3 months my administration fee per line went from $0.76 to $1.26 to $1.99. What's with the administration fee increases? Is it because they can?

Did anyone else notice this?
    Last edited by bigblue2007; 06-15-2018 at 09:14 AM.
    Carrier History:
    Verizon Wireless 3/2019 -
    AT&T 12/2017 - 3/2019
    Verizon Wireless 8/2016 - 12/2017
    T-Mobile 4/2016 - 8/2016
    AT&T (formally Cingular) 12/2001 - 4/2016

Feedback Score
    Just noticed the increase on this months bill.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score

Of course it is (being raised just bc they can.) It’s a BS charge.
    My own individual line has almost $22/mo in surcharges and faxes. Most of it is AT&T surcharges. That’s almost a phone payment. I’ve been seriously evaluating my business with AT&T the last few weeks, don’t know I wanna deal with it anymore.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    My bill just generated and its $3.37 more this month. At$t has to pay for the merger some how. I'd guess around 80 million lines are postpaid and can have the updated fee attached.

80,000,000 x $1.99 = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ($159,200,000 in just one line item fee per month)

At$t effectively got them 59 million extra bucks per month in a small fee increase.
    iPhone Xs Max , At&t Unlimited Plus Austin, TX .................... Grande 1000/50, $80.99/month

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2007 View Post
    In 3 months my administration fee per line went from $0.76 to $1.26 to $1.99. What's with the administration fee increases? Is it because they can?

Did anyone else notice this?
    Yes because they can and they don't care if you care.

Feedback Score
    Hey, ATT's administrative costs have gone up so they raised the corresponding fee. First, they bought DirectTV and now Time Warner. Those cost more to administer.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Hey, ATT's administrative costs have gone up so they raised the corresponding fee. First, they bought DirectTV and now Time Warner. Those cost more to administer.
    Absolutely correct.

Unfortunately, fees rise from time to time as costs are always increasing. Don't expect the carrier to eat those costs, doesn't work that way. With the lack of traditional contracts and new Device Payment plans, the carrier doesn't have to let anybody out of a contract and can collect the remaining equipment costs if the consumer chooses to cancel.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Absolutely correct.

Unfortunately, fees rise from time to time as costs are always increasing. Don't expect the carrier to eat those costs, doesn't work that way. With the lack of traditional contracts and new Device Payment plans, the carrier doesn't have to let anybody out of a contract and can collect the remaining equipment costs if the consumer chooses to cancel.
    Who expects them to do anything but raise the price of anything they can? Their greed knows no limits. I just find it odd they did it over a 3 month period.

Feedback Score
    Who expects them to do anything but raise the price of anything they can? Their greed knows no limits. I just find it odd they did it over a 3 month period.
    Just curious, if you really believe that they operate on pure greed and it upsets you so, why do you do business with them? There are other carriers, it's a free market. I do business with ATT because they deliver the best value for my dollar. If they didn't, I'd go elsewhere.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Just curious, if you really believe that they operate on pure greed and it upsets you so, why do you do business with them? There are other carriers, it's a free market. I do business with ATT because they deliver the best value for my dollar. If they didn't, I'd go elsewhere.
    I used to dislike at&t but now they are the best thing going for me at this point in time. No other carrier seems to give me as much for my money. Used to feel that way about tmobile but not as much. Still a tmobile fan but a few things have disappointed me as of lately

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Have you ever had a course on economics ?? Modern corporations are in business to maximize profits for their investors, not to give away the farm because somebody doesn't think they are fair.

While nobody likes to pay anything more for cellular service, the fact is that cellular services have increased dramatically since I got in the business in 2001. Unlimited calling and free nationwide domestic long distance did not exist back then. Consumers had plans with as little as 250 calling minutes per month with no free roaming outside you regional calling market and today, virtually all plans include those features at no extra charge.

The fact is that the amount of services included at little or no additional plan cost has increased dramatically without substantial calling plan increases.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    That's the problem with modern businesses, the investor is boss. Gone are the days that the customer was the boss or the customer is always right. Investors push until they break what was working well with the company and customer happy.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Have you ever had a course on economics ? Modern corporations are in business to maximize profits for their investors, not to give away the farm because somebody doesn't think they are fair.

Many corporations have sacrificed their souls for a mess of pottage. The old "It was only business" isn't going to cut it at the final judgement, they'll have to answer to someone, someday. I live by that ethic, that my actions WILL have to be accounted for someday. To leave your soul at the door when you come to work is disgraceful.

In the old days, when a company prospered, so did their employees, they hired more, they built more factories, now, when a company does well, they cut workers, cut facilities, give bonuses to their execs and hoard money. There used to be a thing called business ethics, it seems to have died. Thankfully, there are exceptions, like In-N-Out, and Costco, who, after recent good financial reporters RAISED their workers wages.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I think you’re reading too much into my post. I don’t dislike them but this is one thing they’re doing that is annoying. I’m not upset but yes their is an element of greed in the way they do business. 2 straight months of an increasing a fee is kind of odd. Usually you go to the well once. They also increased the fee by more than double .76 a line to 1.99.

I do business with them because there are some pluses to doing business with AT&T it isn’t all bad. However things like this can make me re-evaluate if it’s worth staying. My plan with Verizon was their old February 17 Unlimited plan. I was paying $147 a month with fees for 2 lines ($150 - $10 auto debit/paperless discount + $7 fees). I pay now $149 ($150 - $10 loyalty discount - $10 auto debit/paperless + $19 fees). It’s kind of crazy that the plan that cost more actually is $2 cheaper.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    I used to dislike at&t but now they are the best thing going for me at this point in time. No other carrier seems to give me as much for my money. Used to feel that way about tmobile but not as much. Still a tmobile fan but a few things have disappointed me as of lately
    AT&T to me is still an overall better value than T-Mobile. T-Mobile over promises (the network) but doesn’t deliver. Their customer service in my short time their was awful.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast