Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast

Thread: TracFone CDMA/Verizon Phones Must be VoLTE Capable before End of 2019

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    That list must include GSM phones because all those Huawei phones listed aren't CDMA/Verizon capable.
    Yes, HD Voice is a generic term between the carriers.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Yes, HD Voice is a generic term between the carriers.
    Is HD Voice /VoLTE compatible between carriers? Example: can a phone on HD Voice on AT&T talk with a phone on HD Voice on VZ?

Regarding contact list entries with HD indicated, must your phone talk to that contact via HD Voice at least once for HD to be shown next to the entry?

Feedback Score
    What are the CDMA VoLTE capable TracFone branded phones known to date?
    Determining Tracfone branded phones is going to be a manual process, as something like VoLTE capability is not usually put in specification lists. Either looking in the menus or maybe something will show in the User Guides. It did used to show in User Guides for the T-Mobile versions of TF models.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Is HD Voice /VoLTE compatible between carriers? Example: can a phone on HD Voice on AT&T talk with a phone on HD Voice on VZ?
    Ah, the interoperability issue. Have not seen any good information on how complete the process is at this point. Verizon is still only talking about compatibility on their own network, much less the other networks. I guess they are "working on it" behind the scenes.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    There is recent precedent for TracFone VoLTE basic phones. The ZTE Z232TL (T-Mobile) was one. The Z233VL (Verizon) version did not have this feature. Likely just has to be enabled in the firmware.
    I have played with a Z233VL on Total Wireless and it does have VoLTE setting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I have played with a Z233VL on Total Wireless and it does have VoLTE setting.
    Interesting. The User Guide for the Z233VL is the same on TracFone as Total Wireless, but neither show VoLTE. You really have to look at a real phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Interesting. The User Guide for the Z233VL is the same on TracFone as Total Wireless, but neither show VoLTE. You really have to look at a real phone.
    Yep, I would get a screenshot of the setting, but it looks like there is no way to get a clear screenshot but for taking a photo using another phone.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Verizon is still only talking about compatibility on their own network, much less the other networks. I guess they are "working on it" behind the scenes.
    Verizon and AT&T claim to have reached full interoperability in 2017.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The Z233VL screen took a better photo then I thought.
    Name:  20180616_214434.jpg
Views: 1297
Size:  28.3 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    Yep, I would get a screenshot of the setting, but it looks like there is no way to get a clear screenshot but for taking a photo using another phone.
    The old feature phones could not take screen shots, so I guess they decided not to put that capability into this model either. Would think it could have been done.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It's interesting that advcomp2019's Straight Talk J3 Sky has VoLTE but my Tracfone J3 Sky does not.

Attachment 158351

Feedback Score
    Perplexing indeed

I wonder if it's a SIM provisioning difference or if the firmware/software is possibly different between the two versions of J3 Sky

Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    It's interesting that advcomp2019's Straight Talk J3 Sky has VoLTE but my Tracfone J3 Sky does not.

Attachment 158351

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if it's a SIM provisioning difference or if the firmware/software is possibly different between the two versions of J3 Sky
    I think we've compared the specs of the two phones before. I think there were some differences in build number and security patch level. Here's what my TF J3 Sky shows today.

Attachment 158352

Attachment 158353

Device(s)
    Tracfone iPhone 6S Tracfone iPhone SE, Samsung J3 Luna Pro, J3 Orbit
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Perplexing indeed

A friend's Tracfone Samsung J3 Luna Pro is similar. My TF Luna pro has the VoLTE calls switch and his doesn't. All of our settings/versions in "about device" on both Luna Pros are the same. Everything else is the same. My guess is VoLTE Calls needs to be turned on for his phone on their end.

I made a post over at the Tracfone Forum to see if I can get it added to his phone like it is on mine. So far the first chat person they referred me to (the basic chat area) didn't understand me and said LTE/CDMA is the same thing. Going to see if I can get someone higher up to help like I have in the past with other issues.

Added: My settings look different than the SKY's as shown in that image. The SKY shows VoLTE Call ..turn on... using LTE data and mine states VoLTE calls ..turn on... using 4G data. Also missing the signal thing and have a roaming setting instead. The Sky shows VoLTE Call (which is the way I think Verizon calls it) and mine shows VoLTE Calls. I guess this difference is at least partly due to the phones having different setting arrangements depending on OS version, phone model and phone carrier. A TF Luna (not pro) with Marshmallow 6.0.1 (like Luna Pro) for example shows the signal thing but no roaming and is missing VoLTE (not sure if it will be avail for it) and seems to use a different version of Marshmallow altogether with a completely different setting arrangement.
    Last edited by lappers; 06-17-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Feedback Score
    I would say firmware/software is the controlling factor whether or not the feature is listed in the menus. It could be customized by the manufacturer for a specific model, and as a running change. The SIM might control whether the feature can be activated, but it has to be there first.
    Last edited by loboheeler; 06-17-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast