Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast

Thread: TracFone CDMA/Verizon Phones Must be VoLTE Capable before End of 2019

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    what network is your phone using ??
    Verizon BYOP SIM, thought that was the carrier being discussed.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I am wondering something is going on with newly activated Verizon based Tracfone phones/SIMs getting connected because over on Reddit, people with newly activated phones/SIMs are getting no data too. They even tried the two APNs, even different network modes, and few other settings with no luck. I have not heard anything different yet from any of them since.
    Sounds like time to put my head back in the sand while they sort out how to switch on VoLTE for everyone!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I was turning on my cellular data LTE today on TF/VZ iPhone 6 and I noticed it said “Roaming On” next to “Cellular Data Options”. Seems like voice roaming got turned on somehow. Weird, possible silent change over the air?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This is weird. My Total Wireless G7 Optimo Maxx that is not activated just dialed *22899 all by itself. After doing some searching, it is an auto update for PRL for Verizon. From what I understand, some phones will not show this while others do show this in the history. Not sure if this is a cause for part of these issues or not.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This is weird. My Total Wireless G7 Optimo Maxx that is not activated just dialed *22899 all by itself. After doing some searching, it is an auto update for PRL for Verizon.
    Might be that an unactivated phone only reads the 3G signal from the tower. Never saw one auto-dial a *228 code though. LTE does not use this.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Might be that an unactivated phone only reads the 3G signal from the tower. Never saw one auto-dial a *228 code though. LTE does not use this.
    Yea, but the weird thing is if you Google around *22899, you will find out even other devices that is fully activated does the same thing for some reason.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yea, but the weird thing is if you Google around *22899, you will find out even other devices that is fully activated does the same thing for some reason.
    In my experience on the Verizon network, if an LTE phone falls back to 3G you are pretty much out of signal. 1xRTT 2G voice will usually not work either. The PRL could try to change.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Here is an iPad Pro that did the same thing: https://community.verizonwireless.co...9/td-p/1015878. Here are a few other posting that I have found too: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel...dialing_22899/ and https://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...l-22899-a.html

So, I don't think it is something about 3G fail back because I have mobile data disabled on the G7 Optimo Maxx right now. I am still trying to decide if I am going to make this G7 Optimo Maxx my phone or my dad's phone since I still have issue with calls not coming thru on my J7 Crown S767VL yet. I am trying to find a cheap enough 64GB storage phone with good amount of RAM because I am running out space on my J7 Crown S767VL even tho I have a 32GB microSD card that has lots of space.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I am trying to find a cheap enough 64GB storage phone with good amount of RAM because I am running out space on my J7 Crown S767VL even tho I have a 32GB microSD card that has lots of space.
    Does the Crown support adopted storage?

There's a way to partition a large SD card and use part of it for adopted storage and part for portable storage.

I split a 128GB card for my daughters Moto E4 making 32GB adopted (for a total of 74FB internal) and leaving the rest as portable storage for media (photos, video, music)

What do you consider a good amount of RAM? 2, 3, or 4GB? I've been fine with 3GB in my Moto E4 plus. She's been fine with 2GG on her E4. But we don't play games that need lots of RAM, not that the processor is fast enough for that stuff anyway.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Does the Crown support adopted storage?

There's a way to partition a large SD card and use part of it for adopted storage and part for portable storage.

I split a 128GB card for my daughters Moto E4 making 32GB adopted (for a total of 74FB internal) and leaving the rest as portable storage for media (photos, video, music)

What do you consider a good amount of RAM? 2, 3, or 4GB? I've been fine with 3GB in my Moto E4 plus. She's been fine with 2GG on her E4. But we don't play games that need lots of RAM, not that the processor is fast enough for that stuff anyway.
    I did not know you could partition with adopted storage and portable storage at the same time. The last time I tried the phone wanted me to reformat the SD card, but that was with a Android 6.0 system tho.

I was looking at 3GB or 4GB of RAM phones. The 2GB of RAM is starting to show its issue for me at least. A few apps has crashed on me due to the RAM. I do like the octa-core CPUs tho. So the CPU in the J7 Crown is good enough for what I do.

The other issue is the near to pure and pure Android devices can't screencast to a Roku like my last few Samsung devices can. I found out that near to pure and pure Android devices only can screencast to Chromecasts. I found this out after getting this G7 Optimo Maxx. I use a Roku to show off things that I find on the web to my grandma on a bigger screen, and it is easier to show her this way.

Plus I don't want to say this, but I am getting sick and tried of the micro-USB and want to try USB-C on my next full time device finally.

So it is hard to find this in a cheap phone right now.

Edit: I just found a rumor that Samsung did not support adopted storage till Android 9 anyway too, but I see no option for it on my J7 Crown.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Here is an iPad Pro that did the same thing: https://community.verizonwireless.co...9/td-p/1015878. Here are a few other posting that I have found too: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel...dialing_22899/ and https://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...l-22899-a.html So, I don't think it is something about 3G fail back because I have mobile data disabled on the G7 Optimo Maxx right now. I am still trying to decide if I am going to make this G7 Optimo Maxx my phone or my dad's phone since I still have issue with calls not coming thru on my J7 Crown S767VL yet. I am trying to find a cheap enough 64GB storage phone with good amount of RAM because I am running out space on my J7 Crown S767VL even tho I have a 32GB microSD card that has lots of space.
    Moto G5s plus factory unlocked 4GB RAM & 64GB of storage and up to a 128GB micro SD card. model XT1806

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The other issue is the near to pure and pure Android devices can't screencast to a Roku like my last few Samsung devices can.
    Google dropped Miracast support in 6 or 7 (after first adding it in 4.4) in favor of Chromecast. A few OEMs add it back to some devices.

Chromecast works per app, not the whole device. But it works with Roku. I use it with YouTube, Netflix, and Plex all the time.

Adopted storage is disabled by some OEMs on some devices but I don't know of any one that did it across all their products.
    And even then some can have it enabled easily.

As for splitting, it's not something the phone offers you. There are some tools to make it easier, but it's not hard to do manually.
    https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...torage-and-par

You do need to back up the card first, or start with a new card. Then after split you can move/restore media to the portable partition.

Not sure what you don't like about micro USB that you think USB C will solve.

But, what screen size and budget?
    I'll see what I can suggest.

Miracast will likely not be an option though.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Moto G5s plus factory unlocked 4GB RAM & 64GB of storage and up to a 128GB micro SD card. model XT1806
    G5 plus would be a choice if interested in rooting and custom ROMs. The G5S line has some issues that I'd avoid.

But it's not going to be updated past Oreo and security updates will stop soon.

Perhaps current devices Like the G7 line. or the E6 line.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    More on Samsung and adopted storage.

Appears Samsung didn't enable the UI (limited though it is) on many devices.

But it's there and you can enable it through adb. Similar to the above on partitioning, but without splitting the card (the mix XX part of the partitioning).

So if you have a spare card (or make a backup) try it. At worst it doesn't work.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 09-12-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    @advcomp2019

I just bought on Ebay a like-new LG G6 H873 (Canadian, GSM unlocked) for $110. It has 32GB internal, 4GB RAM, USB-C, Quick Charge 3.0. All variations of the LG G6 have 4GB RAM. The Hong Kong/Europe/Australian version (H870, H870DS) can have 64GB internal. The G6+ for Korea has 128GB internal. US versions for AT&T, Verizon, etc all have 32GB internal.
    Last edited by hpham; 09-12-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast