Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast

Thread: TracFone CDMA/Verizon Phones Must be VoLTE Capable before End of 2019

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    There are two versions of the Huawei Sensa: H710VL (Verizon) and H710BL (GSM). I looked up the UPC code in the ad and it pointed to the Simple Mobile (T-mo?) version. TF could be rebranding it for use on Tracfone for AT&T/T-mo.
    You have made sense out of it.

Device(s)
    LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The following post is to close the loop on my questions to the forum within this thread.

After a lot of deep thought, and reading days and days worth of reviews on the 'net, I finally made a decision and pulled the trigger on a replacement phone for my beloved LG 41C /Ultimate 2 operating on Verizion via TF.

It came down to LG and Samsung, and in the end a New, Unlocked Samsung SM-S7 G930 V was the winner.

Out of all my requirements, the only one it didn't meet was a user replaceable battery - but I do have a Samsung factory approved battery exchanger close by if need be.

I purchased the phone yesterday, as well as the Deal on Ebay for the TF 1 Year/1200 Min/1200 text/ 3GB Data card.

Grand Total out the door for both = $190

A far cry from the $20 spent on my LG 41C that has soldiered on for 3+ years and the purchase of two OEM replacement batteries for approximately $8 - 10 each - but as they say - it is what it is

Thanks again for all of your help in my decision - you guys are the best!!!

With that in mind, soon I'll be starting a thread on asking how to sequentially/properly:

* transfer the minutes & port my phone number from my LG 41C

* activate the Samsung 930V

* transfer the minutes from the TF/Ebay 1yr 1200/min/1200 text/3GB Data Deal Card to the 930V

From what I've read on the Forum - TF CHat is the way to go so as to get a written record of everything.

Thanks Again for all of your help!

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well, you'll transfer to current account, number and valanced to the new SIM/phone at once.

That will either add the bundled airtime automatically or you get a PIN to add like any other airtime card once you've transferred.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    fast_dave: About a month ago, I gave up my LG Ultimate 2 for the LG Rebel 4. I will post about the transfer and activation to your new thread when you create it.

But relevant here, in my Rebel 4 with Oreo 8.1.0, I can't find any of the LTE/VoLTE settings that others have shown. I have Settings - Mobile & Internet - Advanced Calling - HD Voice and it's on and apparently working, as I've noticed better voice quality when talking to other TF users with newer phones. Maybe not so with folks on other carriers or with older phones, I don't know. I will start looking for the HD icon. Under Settings - About phone - Network, it says Mobile network type = LTE. I assume VoLTE is enabled (if I'm really getting HD Voice). If I turn on my data, the data icon says 4G, and the signal strength icon also says LTE.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by fast_dave View Post
    The following post is to close the loop on my questions to the forum within this thread.

After a lot of deep thought, and reading days and days worth of reviews on the 'net, I finally made a decision and pulled the trigger on a replacement phone for my beloved LG 41C /Ultimate 2 operating on Verizion via TF.

It came down to LG and Samsung, and in the end a New, Unlocked Samsung SM-S7 G930 V was the winner.

Out of all my requirements, the only one it didn't meet was a user replaceable battery - but I do have a Samsung factory approved battery exchanger close by if need be.

I purchased the phone yesterday, as well as the Deal on Ebay for the TF 1 Year/1200 Min/1200 text/ 3GB Data card.

Grand Total out the door for both = $190

A far cry from the $20 spent on my LG 41C that has soldiered on for 3+ years and the purchase of two OEM replacement batteries for approximately $8 - 10 each - but as they say - it is what it is

Thanks again for all of your help in my decision - you guys are the best!!!

With that in mind, soon I'll be starting a thread on asking how to sequentially/properly:

* transfer the minutes & port my phone number from my LG 41C

* activate the Samsung 930V

* transfer the minutes from the TF/Ebay 1yr 1200/min/1200 text/3GB Data Deal Card to the 930V

From what I've read on the Forum - TF CHat is the way to go so as to get a written record of everything.

Thanks Again for all of your help!
    Where did you get the s7 for that price? By the way great phone, one of my favorites.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by melman View Post
    But relevant here, in my Rebel 4 with Oreo 8.1.0, I can't find any of the LTE/VoLTE settings that others have shown. I have Settings - Mobile & Internet - Advanced Calling - HD Voice and it's on and apparently working, as I've noticed better voice quality when talking to other TF users with newer phones. Maybe not so with folks on other carriers or with older phones, I don't know. I will start looking for the HD icon.
    VoLTE is called different things on different phones. The HD Calling indication is somewhere on the calling screen only during a call. Sometimes just an "H". It works calling anyone on Verizon that has it enabled. Not sure if it will work calling someone on T-Mobile, and does not with AT&T.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    The HD Calling indication is somewhere on the calling screen only during a call. It works calling anyone on Verizon that has it enabled. Not sure if it will work calling someone on T-Mobile, and does not with AT&T.
    No HD indicator when I called from my Moto E5 on TF/VZ to my wife's Fiesta 2 on TF/T-mo. Both phones have VoLTE enabled.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I can't find any of the LTE/VoLTE settings that others have shown. I have Settings - Mobile & Internet - Advanced Calling - HD Voice and it's on and apparently working

Under Settings - About phone - Network, it says Mobile network type = LTE. I assume VoLTE is enabled (if I'm really getting HD Voice). If I turn on my data, the data icon says 4G, and the signal strength icon also says LTE.
    HD voice requires VoLTE, and is only between capable, configured devices.

VoLTE does not always give HD. Like when you call a land line or 3G device.

A lot of Verizon specific phones only mention HD Voice as turning that on means VoLTE is also on.

Some call it Enhanced 4G LTE Mode.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    fast_dave: About a month ago, I gave up my LG Ultimate 2 for the LG Rebel 4. I will post about the transfer and activation to your new thread when you create it.

But relevant here, in my Rebel 4 with Oreo 8.1.0, I can't find any of the LTE/VoLTE settings that others have shown. I have Settings - Mobile & Internet - Advanced Calling - HD Voice and it's on and apparently working, as I've noticed better voice quality when talking to other TF users with newer phones. Maybe not so with folks on other carriers or with older phones, I don't know. I will start looking for the HD icon. Under Settings - About phone - Network, it says Mobile network type = LTE. I assume VoLTE is enabled (if I'm really getting HD Voice). If I turn on my data, the data icon says 4G, and the signal strength icon also says LTE.
    As per message #673, On the Rebel 4 - Network & Internet, under Advanced Calling there is a Turn on/off HD Voice.

See my message #677, I have the settings correct & called a friend who also just got an LG phone, but a different model. The LTE then appeared at the top of my screen when I called him. Also “HD” appeared in the upper left corner, so it looks like VoLTE works. He had the same results.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    HD voice requires VoLTE, and is only between capable, configured devices.

VoLTE does not always give HD. Like when you call a land line or 3G device.

A lot of Verizon specific phones only mention HD Voice as turning that on means VoLTE is also on.

Some call it Enhanced 4G LTE Mode.
    Which is a silly name because LTE Advanced is actually a thing, not some silly marketing term.

HD Voice should work between a VZW and ATT network user too, if they both have HD Voice. I have used both providers (as postpay) and spoken to to people on the other network just fine. A few were TF (StraightTalk, actually) users at least at one point.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta9901 View Post
    Which is a silly name because LTE Advanced is actually a thing, not some silly marketing term.
    LTE-A is not the same as Advanced Calling.

But silly or not, that's what it is.

HD Voice should work between a VZW and ATT network user too, if they both have HD Voice.
    Cross carrier is still iffy. And do AT&T MVNOs get HD Voice?

But I didn't exclude that. Both devices still have to have HD Voice.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Cross-carrier HD Voice is definitely still iffy, from the reading I've done.

And the only AT&T MVNO I know of that allows VoLTE is Consumer Cellular (I have a friend with it). He's using an AT&T Prepaid Huawei Ascend XT 2 with them.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I know cross-carrier HD Voice is iffy too. I know if I call my cousin which is using an Galaxy S7 on AT&T postpay, I get HD calling with my Verizon based Straight Talk phone. While if I call my aunt which is using an iPhone on AT&T postpay, I do not get HD calling. I still do not know if she has VoLTE tho.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Will the Flip Phone Clam Shell model LG440G still work with the new VoLTE capable system?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Planner2012 View Post
    Will the Flip Phone Clam Shell model LG440G still work with the new VoLTE capable system?
    That phones uses AT&T. It's not affected by the 3G shut down by Verizon at the end of 2019.

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast