Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast

Thread: TracFone CDMA/Verizon Phones Must be VoLTE Capable before End of 2019

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    and I get a screen saying "Starting Phone" and it stays like that till I remove the microSD card. So I am not sure if that is a sign or not.
    Interesting. I would take that hang as an indication. Not sure of what though.

Certainly beyond this forum.

Interesting that it doesn't do that when you reinsert the card later.

Some kernel logs might say more. But that's more and XDA thing than here.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Interesting. I would take that hang as an indication. Not sure of what though.

Certainly beyond this forum.

Interesting that it doesn't do that when you reinsert the card later.

Some kernel logs might say more. But that's more and XDA thing than here.
    Yea, that is why I went away from it for now because it is beyond my skill level for now. Plus while I was trying to back things up on my original microSD card to test this, I was getting errors. So I am not sure if my phone's microSD card slot could be going bad or not too. So I tried the microSD to SD adapter in a computer, and was getting error too. Luckily, I had another microSD card on hand. So I was using fresh microSD card when I was doing this stuff. Right now, I am trying to recover a few files that was on that microSD card. The last backup for the microSD card was a little over month ago tho.

Device(s)
    LG G7 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (BYOP AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Exactly my point that the G4 account/SIM seems not to be VoLTE provisioned, so the G6 can't be either with that SIM. Transfer the G4 service to the G6 using a new SIM.
    I assumed the text meant there was an OTA provisioning but apparently not so. I'm not going to bother transferring to a new SIM at this point as I have a limited number of TMFL SIMs left. Since the CDMA shut down is over a year away now I'll just wait see what happens in the mean time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycatblues View Post
    I'm not going to bother transferring to a new SIM at this point as I have a limited number of TMFL SIMs left. Since the CDMA shut down is over a year away now I'll just wait see what happens in the mean time.
    SIM swapping is causing a lot of the VoLTE problems. Goes with a lack of understanding of the VoLTE provisioning process.

I don't understand the obsession with TMFL, with so many airtime options available now. Example of a TMFL advantage?

Feedback Score
    SIM swapping is causing a lot of the VoLTE problems. Goes with a lack of understanding of the VoLTE provisioning process.

I don't understand the obsession with TMFL, with so many airtime options available now. Example of a TMFL advantage?
    In the past, BYOP activation with transfer was problematic. Sometimes balances weren't transferred. I nearly lost my main phone number once. SIM swapping has been safer. TMFL has not been my main motivation for SIM swapping.

If you think about how AT&T BYOPs work (and the original reason for having SIM cards in the first place), you might argue that SIM swapping is normal and it's Verizon that is being weird.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    you might argue that SIM swapping is normal and it's Verizon that is being weird.
    No might to it.

Verizon only uses a SIM because LTE requires it. If they could have maintained the ESN (MEID/IMEI) only system they would have. They still want to maximize control over the devices on their network. (Same goes for Sprint as far as I can tell)

Fits right in with TF's locked down methods from pre BYOP days.

Feedback Score
    When you want a cheap plan that favors days, but it also tricks out the minutes, texts, data as a bonus, why not take advantage. Can also use a promo code.

You can spend $20 every three months and get a decent emergency phone.

The ebay offer is better, but I don't care for humongous balances.

It just depends what seems comfortable.

Feedback Score
    I got a text the other day telling me VoLTE was now provisioned and went on to tell me how to activate it. I went into my settings to do just that and can't find any mention of VoLTE. My phone is a LG G3. Anyone know how I can activate it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestringer View Post
    I got a text the other day telling me VoLTE was now provisioned and went on to tell me how to activate it. I went into my settings to do just that and can't find any mention of VoLTE. My phone is a LG G3. Anyone know how I can activate it.
    Is it a carrier branded G3? Accessing VoLTE Seems to vary by carrier. With a Verizon model it will be called Advanced Calling.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I found this https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30137

Device(s)
    LG G7 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (BYOP AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score

Before the $49 eBay card was available it was the difference between $20 every 3 months for active service vs. $25 every 2 months. I don't care about the minutes, I have plenty. It's the cost of service days that matter to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by praz108 View Post
    It's a CDMA Verizon network, and It does not have a VoLTE setting. Only Advanced Calling, which does not work.

Feedback Score
    Is it a carrier branded G3? Accessing VoLTE Seems to vary by carrier. With a Verizon model it will be called Advanced Calling.
    Tried activating advanced calling, but it says it can not.

Feedback Score
    When was the G3 activated on TF? Activations before mid-2018 were not VoLTE provisioned. It may also have Advanced Calling 1.0 which only has VoLTE if on direct Verizon service. There were OTA updates from Verizon to 2.0, but many phones of that era did not get them.

Feedback Score
    try setting up WiFi calling - https://e911-reg.tracfone.com/wps/po...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/ and see if advanced calling works. might also try dialing *#*#4636#*#* a secret menu should show, select phone information and scroll down a little and you should see some switches for WIFI calling VoLTE ect.

Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast