Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: TracFone CDMA/Verizon Phones Must be VoLTE Capable before End of 2019

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Boom <Tracfone Verizon BYOP < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Apple does VVM it's own way. Not sure how well it works with Verizon's VVM.
    this may help.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201436

That SMS is the VM notification. The phone should see it and processes the message.

But you need data and MMS working first.

iOS doesn't make it easy. The settings have to be sent to the phone from an approved source. TF can send the info, but since your SIM/phone number isn't linked to an iOS device it may be tricky to get that to happen. I think TF has a separate page for iOS APN stuff.

You can try using the IMEI here
    https://www.tracfone.com/apn?lang=en

or text APN to 611611
    Thanks ST Dog - voicemail section has a box with "call voicemail" only - no option to change from audible to VVM. I suspect that the older
    audible VM system is what the Rebel 3 uses & the SIM is provisioned for it. Probably can't change it.
    Data issue:
    I've Reset Network Settings - nothing that helps to get data. Upper left phone says TFW ( Trac Fone Wireless ) LTE
    I've tried 6 different angles to get Data
    Website - safari & google - phone # ,or SIM #, or IMEI ( of course it does not recognize my iphone imei, since connected to Rebel 3 )
    TF my Account App " " "
    tracfone.vzwentp - unable to download Profile for data
    Flex serve website
    Unlockit.co. website
    Text "APN" - says my APN is configured

So, at this point, my conclusion is that the SIM card is provisioned for data to work in the Rebel 3 but not the iphone - just like VVM
    I'll search a bit more, but not sure if there is a lot of hope to get either data or VVM working.
    But I sure do love the HD/VoLTE call quality - my wife noticed a very significant positive difference.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    So, at this point, my conclusion is that the SIM card is provisioned for data to work in the Rebel 3 but not the iphone - just like VVM
    I'll search a bit more, but not sure if there is a lot of hope to get either data or VVM working.
    But I sure do love the HD/VoLTE call quality - my wife noticed a very significant positive difference.
    Saw some discussion on different setting on SIMs of different production periods. Some lock some features and some don't.
    That would explain the APN editing issues I'm seeing in android.

But the main issue is iOS and how it prevents APN editing in general.

And unless you can get TF to send the carrier settings to the phone not much you can do (short of jailbreaking the phone).

Surprised VoLTE even works w/o the correct APN.

The VVM issue is partly the MMS/Data issue. Maybe fully that.

it not so much the specific phone, just Verizon's VVM setting. Put the SIM in an android with VZW VVM support and it should work.

Feedback Score
    Thanks ST Dog - voicemail section has a box with "call voicemail" only - no option to change from audible to VVM. I suspect that the older
    audible VM system is what the Rebel 3 uses & the SIM is provisioned for it. Probably can't change it.
    Data issue:
    I've Reset Network Settings - nothing that helps to get data. Upper left phone says TFW ( Trac Fone Wireless ) LTE
    I've tried 6 different angles to get Data
    Website - safari & google - phone # ,or SIM #, or IMEI ( of course it does not recognize my iphone imei, since connected to Rebel 3 )
    TF my Account App " " "
    tracfone.vzwentp - unable to download Profile for data
    Flex serve website
    Unlockit.co. website
    Text "APN" - says my APN is configured

Trek83,

Sorry to hear about the APN issues. You probably read the thread already, but have you tried the approach suggested by oatflake in post #36 here? https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...4#post16979504

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Boom <Tracfone Verizon BYOP < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfu2215 View Post
    Trek83,

Sorry to hear about the APN issues. You probably read the thread already, but have you tried the approach suggested by oatflake in post #36 here? https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...4#post16979504
    Thanks tfu2215 - I remember reading that. Good info. Unfortunately I’m using the TF branded SIM card from the Rebel 3 for the sole purpose

Of obtaining VoLTE/ HD voice, which works & sounds wonderful. Downside: data & VVM stopped working. iPhone 6 has been faked out by

the SIM card it appears. Oh well, not the end of the story- I have options. Thank you

Feedback Score
    Thanks tfu2215 - I remember reading that. Good info. Unfortunately I’m using the TF branded SIM card from the Rebel 3 for the sole purpose

Of obtaining VoLTE/ HD voice, which works & sounds wonderful.
    Good luck with working out the issue, and, yes indeed, voice quality is a BIG improvement!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Not only does the phone have to support VoLTE on TracFone, but the CDMA SIM has to be provisioned to do VoLTE.

Simply stated... If you make a call from an area which supports VoLTE CDMA and can use mobile data during the call, then the phone supports LTE.

99% sure the old Premier doesn't support VoLTE... Maybe TracFone CSRs are smart enough to correctly answer such a question
    Me too after researching it a bit. I don't mind getting a new phone so much as losing my ability to just buy a 60 minute card when needed and not losing my triple minutes. Will probably drop Tracfone at that point.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ben51 View Post
    Will probably drop Tracfone at that point.
    For who? Who offers a competitive alternative?

Any Verizon MVNO ill have the same VoLTE requirements.

And to date I haven't seen anything really competitive for low usage, even with the "smartphone" cards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ben51 View Post
    Me too after researching it a bit. I don't mind getting a new phone so much as losing my ability to just buy a 60 minute card when needed and not losing my triple minutes. Will probably drop Tracfone at that point.
    NOS triple minute SIMS are on eBay. Some are mine, PM if you want to know which - I am not plugging. I can say that before I put them up I registered one with TF, and when adding minutes I was presented with both smart phone plans as well as triple minute cards, so I know they still work.

Hope I didn't bust rules, just trying to help.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slamsome View Post
    NOS triple minute SIMS are on eBay.
    But will that solve the issues with old SIMs? Or will it be the same since they ate old stock?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    But will that solve the issues with old SIMs? Or will it be the same since they ate old stock?
    Not enough data I think, even to know that 'old sims' are the problem. What I think we know is that new phones WITH Volte are (at least part) provisioned in the SIM.

Whether or not old sims can be re-provisioned is still unanswered, but good you brought it up. I can't guarantee my sales for that, only triple minutes.

Its going to be interesting. May be a way for TF to unload TMFL at the time of changeover, or will there be a way to re-provision SIMS.

Who knows...

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Be kind of surprising to find out that all the phones (many undoubtedly VoLTE capable) with the old TMFL SIMs will need new SIMs to comply with the network change. That's a bridge not yet approached.

Feedback Score
    My phone (Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro) is supposed to be VoLTE capable but I don`t know how to get it on there?

Device(s)
    Tracfone Luna Pro, Tracfone LG442BG
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, TF/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Packerjim View Post
    My phone (Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro) is supposed to be VoLTE capable but I don`t know how to get it on there?
    My luna pro has it but a friends luna pro doesn't. Our phones are exactly the same otherwise. I called TF tier three support to see if they could activate/enable it on his phone but the support person was clueless. Didn't pursue it further.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Packerjim View Post
    If it is VoLTE capable there will be a toggle somewhere in network settings. The Luna Pro user guide says nothing.

Device(s)
    Tracfone Luna Pro, Tracfone LG442BG
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, TF/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    On the Luna pro VoLTE is located in Settings/Connections/Mobile Networks.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast