Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Thread: TracFone CDMA/Verizon Phones Must be VoLTE Capable before End of 2019

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    In my case though the 235C I have was originally active on SafeLink although we did not continue with the annual certification so I've just been adding airtime as necessary. It essentially is a TMFL phone since a 60 min card yields 140 bonus mins.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have the settings correct & called a friend who also just got an LG phone, but a different model. The LTE then appeared at the top of my screen when I called him. Also “HD” appeared in the upper left corner, so it looks like VoLTE works. He had the same results.

He has the “My Account App” installed & it did not deduct any minutes from the call. I’m presuming that means the call used data. But I read that the system could differentiate a voice call from data usage and that the call would be deducted from your minutes & not use your data.

My friend said the “My Account App” shows data in GB, such as 1.65GB, so it obviously rounds off the actual data. I’m presuming a short call would not make any difference in the GB displayed due to the rounding.

Does a VoLTE call really use data?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by StymiedToo View Post
    Does a VoLTE call really use data?
    VoLTE calls do not charge for data. Separate voice channel withing the LTE network.
    It takes a little time to see deductions in the My Account app. About a 15 minute wait between readings.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    VoLTE calls do not charge for data. Separate voice channel withing the LTE network.
    It takes a little time to see deductions in the My Account app. About a 15 minute wait between readings.
    Thanks -
    I'll get the My Account App & make a call or two.

On my old phone I used to dial *777*1# to get the balance, however haven't called that number in about 2 months. With the new phone I get a message the call cannot be completed & to check the number. Has that number been disconnected, or could it be my old phone was GSM & the new one is CDMA?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    *777*1# only works on GSM phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    On CDMA phones message BALANCE or USAGE to 611611

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Actually that's Tracfone AT&T only. *777# on AT&T prepaid phones.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Just an FYI as I did not see this particular message had been posted.

I have a 3G U2 still listed on my account and when I click activate I get this message:

Important Message!
    Our partners are upgrading their network to provide you with the highest quality service. Unfortunately, this phone is not compatible and can't be activated.

But don't worry, because we're offering you $40 off any phone purchase of $40.99 or more today! Just call us at 1-800-867-7183 to get your offer.
    Looking at the TF website for mine and surrounding Zip codes show the offerings are pretty pathetic.

These are some of the devices listed under Super Savings and Blow Out, are these even VoLTE? If not how can they be selling them?

SUPER SAVINGS

SAVE $60 NOW! Limited Time Offer.
    LG Premier Pro LTE (L413DL)
    (15)
    $99.99
    $39.99
    price
    COMPARE
    MOTHER'S DAY DEAL!

SAVE $40 NOW! Limited Time Offer.
    LG Rebel 4 (L212VL)
    (19)
    $99.99
    $59.99
    price
    COMPARE

BLOW OUT

Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro (S327VL) RECONDITIONED
    (32)
    $49.99
    $24.99
    price
    COMPARE
    SUPER SAVINGS

Save an additional 40% off phone, when purchased with a service plan.
    LG Stylo™ 3 (L84VL) RECONDITIONED
    (7)
    $89.99
    $49.99
    price
    COMPARE
    SUPER SAVINGS

Alcatel ZIP LTE (A576BL)
    (5)
    $49.99
    $29.99
    price
    COMPARE
    SUPER SAVINGS

Alcatel Raven™ LTE® (A574BL)
    (19)
    $39.99
    $29.99
    price
    COMPARE

PRICE DROP!
    75% SAVINGS! Service Plan Purchase Required. Limited Time Offer.
    LG REBEL™ 3 LTE® (L158VL) RECONDITIONED
    (13)
    $39.99
    $9.99
    Last edited by ls61; 05-05-2019 at 02:08 PM.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    Looking at the TF website for mine and surrounding Zip codes show the offerings are pretty pathetic.

These are some of the devices listed under Super Savings and Blow Out, are these even VoLTE? If not how can they be selling them?
    There must be better models listed on the website for your area, and they are offering $40 off on any purchase.

The models you listed are VoLTE capable, but only some are for Verizon (VL).

Feedback Score
    Just an FYI as I did not see this particular message had been posted.

I have a 3G U2 still listed on my account and when I click activate I get this message:

FWIW, I recently bought TF LG Rebel 4 & it uses Verizon and VoLTE.

A friend bought a TF LG Premier Pro & it also uses Verizon and VoLTE.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    There must be better models listed on the website for your area, and they are offering $40 off on any purchase.

The models you listed are VoLTE capable, but only some are for Verizon (VL).
    I was just curious as to the crop of phones they were offering in regard to VZ VoLTE compatibility.

I actually need a TF branded device that uses a AT&T nano SIM that I can hot swap to non branded TF device and a low cost device that is over $41 to get the $40 off and since all TF branded devices are married to the SIM that renders the device useless while the SIM is being used in another phone, I don't want to spend much $$.

Feedback Score
    since all TF branded devices are married to the SIM that renders the device useless while the SIM is being used in another phone
    Where did you get that from? Did you try it. I'm using a SIM from a TF branded phone in another non-Tracfone phone. And a TF BYOD SIM in my branded TF. No issues. Only thing that's been mentioned is that if you activate another "new" SIM in the branded phone it will deactivate the original SIM that came with the branded TF. (Due to the original pairing)

Feedback Score
    My parents both have the Tracfone Galaxy Luna J1. In my account (I manage all of my family's phones on TF), I see a notice that they need to upgrade their devices before the end of the year. Not sure what to get them just yet but will most likely get them both the same phone and something that works with Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayueri View Post
    My parents both have the Tracfone Galaxy Luna J1. In my account (I manage all of my family's phones on TF), I see a notice that they need to upgrade their devices before the end of the year. Not sure what to get them just yet but will most likely get them both the same phone and something that works with Verizon.
    Screen size might be an issue. There is nothing under 5" now. Guessing the Luna is 4.5"

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayueri View Post
    My parents, both 84 years old, each got new iPhone SE Tracfones when they were on sale for around $100 a couple of months ago including 60 days of service. The SE has a 4" screen, and my parents got the SE model specifically because the small size. Just fyi, in case you're interested.

Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast