Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 67 ... LastLast

Thread: TracFone CDMA/Verizon Phones Must be VoLTE Capable before End of 2019

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Dialing *#*#4636#*#* on the unlocked Moto G5 only shows Voice Network Type: LTE. Nothing about HD Voice or Video Calling.
    My Moto g5s plus (XT1806) does have
    The switches for Volte, wifi calling & video
    Calling.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    My Moto g5s plus (XT1806) does have
    The switches for Volte, wifi calling & video
    Calling.
    The XT1806 is the fancier G5S Plus. Mine is the more common XT1687. Not sure why there would be a software difference this way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    @tfusr19 & lappers:

Because of my recent experience with the LG phones I've configured for others and now myself own (not yet in use), which includes looking at other similar contemporary models by the same maker (LG), I feel pretty certain that all of the budget LG phones offered by the TracFone divisions (TF itself, Straight Talk, Total Wireless, Simple Mobile) have practically the same level of software installed (referring to the Rebel 3, Premier Pro, Fiesta 2, and Stylo 3, even though the Premier Pro has Android Nougat 7.1 while the others have 7.0).

Based on that, and with a report that a Rebel 3 on TracFone had identical (to the Fiesta 2) menu selections and active indications for "Advanced Calling," I think it's further safe to expect that all these models support VoLTE (or are intended to), and when activated through a TracFone division on the VZW network, do indeed show that feature as actively engaged and functioning (not withstanding any fallback to older connection methods when the network doesn't support VoLTE).

To me, however, connecting the voice channel to the network (VZW in this case) using the VoLTE standard and associated tech, doesn't mean you get the additional feature of HD Calling in all cases, even if both parties on the call are on the same network. There are variables which have not all been made apparent to me at this point.

Whether it's TracFone's reliance on VZW's allowances to them on a case by case basis on their network as a whole, or regionally, or even site by site, it has yet to be shown that there is universal acceptance and function of applicable TracFone company devices regarding the expected range of desired new features surrounding VoLTE with 100% certainty.

As regards other networks TracFone operates on, that understanding is also still taking shape. We can only rely on anecdotal reports here and elsewhere, so we have to continue to share.
    Under Advanced calling on my Fiesta 2 it has a setting to toggle HD calling on or off.
    I have set mine off.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Dialing *#*#4636#*#* on the unlocked Moto G5 only shows Voice Network Type: LTE. Nothing about HD Voice or Video Calling.
    Did you scroll down?

The network type is near the top. The switches in question are farther down.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 07-22-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Did you scroll down?

The network type is neat the top. The switches in question are farther down.
    Yes, the "VoLTE Provisioned" switch is on. There are no switches for WiFi or Video calling like october262 reported in a different Moto G5 Plus model. Other information points to the fact that this phone does not have WiFi or Video calling. It works fine on VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Try dialing *#*#4636#*#* the video calling
    HD voice & volte settings should be under
    Phone information.
    Catching up in this thread.

That is an awesome magic incantation. Where did it come from?

Can I actually toggle those settings myself? (Says VOLTE is not provisioned on my Moto G5+.)

Not sure I want to turn it on, even if I can.

Maybe discussed already, but do we get charged for data if we do use VOLTE?

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Other information points to the fact that this phone does not have WiFi or Video calling. It works fine on VoLTE.
    Agree.

Just wasn't clear as the info given was from the upper part of the page vs the middle part where the switches are.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    That is an awesome magic incantation. Where did it come from?
    Long standing hidden settings.
    The numbers match INFO on the dial pad.

Can I actually toggle those settings myself? (Says VOLTE is not provisioned on my Moto G5+.)
    Sometimes. It'll turn back off after a few seconds if the rest of the system isn't setup to allow it.

Maybe discussed already, but do we get charged for data if we do use VOLTE?
    Not charged data, counts as voice minutes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post

Not sure I want to turn it on, even if I can.
    That is a normal setting in Cellular Networks in the Moto G5+. Advanced 4G LTE Mode. Works fine on mine. The toggle switches on the Info page from the dialer also seem live.

Feedback Score
    I moved my number from a Verizon BYOP to an ATT GS4 Mini, and found this in settings.

Name:  Screenshot_2018-07-26-09-49-26.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  30.4 KB

Also, the network is called Home. I'm not sure if that is normal for ATT BYOP since it's the first I've activated.

Feedback Score
    My BYOP on AT&T says home too.

Quote Originally Posted by slamsome View Post
    I moved my number from a Verizon BYOP to an ATT GS4 Mini, and found this in settings.

Also, the network is called Home. I'm not sure if that is normal for ATT BYOP since it's the first I've activated.

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Long standing hidden settings.
    The numbers match INFO on the dial pad.

Sometimes. It'll turn back off after a few seconds if the rest of the system isn't setup to allow it.

Not charged data, counts as voice minutes.

Is there another way to access that settings menu if your phone doesn't bring it up with that entry?

This forum btw is getting harder and harder to navigate lately with all the timeouts and host errors..
    Last edited by tomseys; 07-26-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Feedback Score
    Try Googling you model along with "access hidden menu" and you might get lucky

Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    Is there another way to access that if your phone doesn't bring that menu up with that entry?
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    Is there another way to access that if your phone doesn't bring that menu up with that entry?
    No. There isn't a way to access that particular screen if it hasn't been enabled in the operating system. However, some of the signal checking applications in the play store will provide some of the same information - Signal Check Lite, Network Cell Info Lite, and Network Signal info are popular.

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have a friend who has the same phone as I - he doesn't have voLTE, I do. Was wondering if I could get in there and see what's there.. if it's possible to switch voLTE on through that menu ... which I doubt since I haven't been able to turn it on in by trying to induce it with my VoLTE enabled sim - perhaps it can only be provisioned to sim when phone is activated or after if you get a good rep to do it. But still curious to see.

Added: Okay, I found some codes gonna see what's up.

No luck in finding that or a similar menu.

Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 67 ... LastLast