Thread: New prepaid plan in some markets

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Any more news on this plan ?

Feedback Score
    Yes, have there been confirmed facts about this $35 plan? Is it available nationwide? Teathering of all 10Gb at full speed?
    Music Freedom (audio) and Binge-On (video) included?

I'm transitioning out of the Wal-Mart $30, 100min talk, Unl txt, 5Gb high speed data plan. I want to see if this old plan is of value to anyone before just throwing it away?just

I'm looking at the T-M senior plan which is $70 for 2 lines or $50 for 1 line w Unl talk,txt and data (50Gb before throttling). Between two lines at nearly 1 month I've used only about 26 Gb of data. Of course that is with being limited to 480i video and 3g tethering.

If available in my area, 2 lines of the $35, 10Gb plan I might chew through my data before the month ends? Especially without the option of Binge-On and Music Freedom?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Other than the discounted price, it's the same as the 10GB Simply Prepaid plan that is at the top of the page here: https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/marketi...y_prepaid.html

Tethering is full-speed, Music Freedom is included, Binge-On is not, HD video is not. Other than the pricing and amount (since the $50 10GB plan itself was a promotional plan), the third column here outlines what Simply Prepaid includes when compared with the other plans: https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/marketi...pare_plans.pdf

As for availability, there doesn't appear to be a master list of stores that have it, so you might want to just call the stores in your area (or a little ways out) and ask about it.

Feedback Score
    ecs0013- Thanks for your clarification.
    One point from your first posted link, https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/marketi...y_prepaid.html
    In the small print at the bottom of the Simply Prepaid page it says, "Video streams at up to 1.5Mbps with Data Maximizer. Disable Data Maximizer at any time. Optimization may affect speed of video downloads; does not apply to video uploads. Data Maximizer streams DVD quality video that allows your data to last up to three times longer. Disable Data Maximizer at any time."

Maybe I remember it differently but Data Maximizer sounds like what T-M called "Binge-On", the selectable feature that streamed video at 480i as the default unless you defeated the feature. This is different than many of the current T-M plans which do not allow you to "turn off' this data saving feature.

I like the full-speed tethering feature!

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 411 seeker View Post
    One point from your first posted link, https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/marketi...y_prepaid.html
    In the small print at the bottom of the Simply Prepaid page it says, "Video streams at up to 1.5Mbps with Data Maximizer. Disable Data Maximizer at any time. Optimization may affect speed of video downloads; does not apply to video uploads. Data Maximizer streams DVD quality video that allows your data to last up to three times longer. Disable Data Maximizer at any time."

Maybe I remember it differently but Data Maximizer sounds like what T-M called "Binge-On", the selectable feature that streamed video at 480i as the default unless you defeated the feature. This is different than many of the current T-M plans which do not allow you to "turn off' this data saving feature.

I can see why they would not let you turn it off on an unlimited plan

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 411 seeker View Post

Yeah, there were a few versions of Binge On (one throttled video, but it was zero-rated, and another throttled video but it still counted against your amount - I think on the capped plans, it was based on the amount of data you had and you could turn it off and on), and this sounds like the second. There were many people who had the $30 "Walmart" plan and got the former. Basically, from my experience, T-Mobile has been very inconsistent with explaining and enforcing their video throttling.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Was the $30 Walmart plan the 5gb plan? If so have zero rated data can be almost equivalent to this plan if you watch a lot of video

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have the list of stores offering this plan? Tried T-Force without success

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    How about $40 for 10 gig? "Limited time" offer now up on the web site.
    https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid...simply-prepaid

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55 View Post
    How about $40 for 10 gig? "Limited time" offer now up on the web site.
    https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid...simply-prepaid
    That sounds good. Only $5 more without hassle.

I think I am leaning towards ATT or VZW. I currently have free Sprint plan which works fairly well in Atlanta but relocating to Florida and it sucked when I was visiting. I am guessing T-Mobile will be better but according to Whistleout ATT has best coverage there with Verizon in 2nd

Does T-Mobile have consistent discounts like ATT has with Callingmart and Verizon with ebay refills?

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if the $40 plan has the same restrictions as the $35/10GB plan. Namely the one that won't let me move a postpaid T-Mobile line over to the prepaid plan.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    I wonder if the $40 plan has the same restrictions as the $35/10GB plan. Namely the one that won't let me move a postpaid T-Mobile line over to the prepaid plan.

You can move it, just might take a little work.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

New prepaid plan in some markets

Yeah, I can always just port it out and back in but I just haven't had time to deal with it. I have 2 lines on the $35 plan and I'm not even using one of them right now in the meantime...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3