Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New prepaid plan in some markets

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Yep, still getting "System is unavailable, please try again later" - maybe that short code doesn't work for accounts on that system? It's weird because on my other line ($3/month plan), I get the no data passes message (as expected) when dialing #932#.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Yep, still getting "System is unavailable, please try again later" - maybe that short code doesn't work for accounts on that system? It's weird because on my other line ($3/month plan), I get the no data passes message (as expected) when dialing #932#.
    Odd, it works even on my Mint Mobile account, as well as the $30 Walmart plan. Thanks for checking.
    Last edited by AnciusD; 07-05-2018 at 01:53 PM.
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    So for those that got this plan, how did you find out which stores in your area are offering it?

I'm very interested in this plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    So for those that got this plan, how did you find out which stores in your area are offering it?

I'm very interested in this plan.
    I played dumb and basically mentioned it and heard that only certain stores were offering it, so were there any in my area. They looked and sent me a list. When I went to the store, they knew right away what I was talking about, so you may want to call stores and ask - it seems they're more rural ones as most were about an hour away from me (none in Indianapolis, but Lafayette, Bloomington, Seymour, and Richmond had it). I see you're in the Chicagoland area - Michigan City, IN was on the list.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I played dumb and basically mentioned it and heard that only certain stores were offering it, so were there any in my area. They looked and sent me a list. When I went to the store, they knew right away what I was talking about, so you may want to call stores and ask - it seems they're more rural ones as most were about an hour away from me (none in Indianapolis, but Lafayette, Bloomington, Seymour, and Richmond had it). I see you're in the Chicagoland area - Michigan City, IN was on the list.
    Wow, that is cheap! Any stores in Georgia?

Also, guessing it does but rollover included?

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    I see you're in the Chicagoland area - Michigan City, IN was on the list.
    Thanks for the info, I'll probably be out that way this week and I'll look into it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score

New prepaid plan in some markets

Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Wow, that is cheap! Any stores in Georgia?

Also, guessing it does but rollover included?
    No idea on Georgia - OP said Knoxville, so maybe Georgia has a few (I'd contact them or ask at some stores). As for Data Stash, I don't think that was included with Simply Prepaid plans (this is identical to the 10GB one on their site, feature-wise). If I remember correctly, Simple Choice prepaid had Data Stash, but these plans didn't. Nonetheless, on my account, I have the following data items: Data Plan, Music Freedom, Tethering:

Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Thanks for the info, I'll probably be out that way this week and I'll look into it.
    I'd call first just to check in case it's out of your way.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    This is a really great plan. Too bad HotSpot isn't supported. The way I see it an user should be able to use his data the way he sees fit.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    This is a really great plan. Too bad HotSpot isn't supported. The way I see it an user should be able to use his data the way he sees fit.
    I thought it was not confirmed that hotspot is not included. And even if its not would tethering using pdanet work ? It worked on Sprint. and I could hide usage though only came close to 10gb once. Nevermind it shows tethering. Does VoLTE work?

I also know ATT does not include hotspot on their unlimited plan but they do on their fixed plan since it will encourage you to burn through your fixed data.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    On my iPhone 8 Plus, tethering was included and worked (I only tried via Wi-Fi hotspot - hence the very small amount). It looks like this is the exact same plan as the $50 10GB Simply Prepaid one (3rd column here https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/marketi...pare_plans.pdf).

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    On that pdf it says music unlimited for Simply Prepaid not included in under $45 Simply prepaid. do not have data stash/rollover though?

For $35 it finally challenges ATT 8gb for $40. before , I think that was the king of the prepaid from the big 3 (not counting Sprint)

Currently on free Sprint until January I think . But already considering my next move. I guess a lot can change by then

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    On that pdf it says music unlimited for Simply Prepaid not included in under $45 Simply prepaid. do not have data stash/rollover though?

For $35 it finally challenges ATT 8gb for $40. before , I think that was the king of the prepaid from the big 3 (not counting Sprint)
    Yeah, that PDF is a bit old (notice there's no 10GB plan on Simply Prepaid, but wanted to show the list of features versus their other prepaid offerings) - the way they're treating this, it appears to be the $50 plan at a discounted price. I have yet to see anything, but I didn't think Simply Prepaid plans got Data Stash.

Oh, and VoLTE/Wi-Fi calling are working (at least on an iPhone) - T-Mobile has been good about this, as I have an older iPhone on the $3/month plan and it works with those, too.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Thanks . I would probably go out of my way to get this plan but as I said I am on free Sprint through next January. I am not going to play games as others have done with trying to extend it a year by using a different social.

I actually was looking at my data usage and it seems I have been using around 6-8 gb a month. Rollover probably would not be needed. But its a nice feature.

This plan actually beats out Mintsim in terms of price.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I thought it was not confirmed that hotspot is not included. And even if its not would tethering using pdanet work ? It worked on Sprint. and I could hide usage though only came close to 10gb once. Nevermind it shows tethering. Does VoLTE work?

I also know ATT does not include hotspot on their unlimited plan but they do on their fixed plan since it will encourage you to burn through your fixed data.
    Sorry I missed your question.

I was unaware that it was unconfirmed, sorry?

Device(s)
    Samsung GS9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    On my iPhone 8 Plus, tethering was included and worked (I only tried via Wi-Fi hotspot - hence the very small amount). It looks like this is the exact same plan as the $50 10GB Simply Prepaid one (3rd column here https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/marketi...pare_plans.pdf).
    Thank you for sharing.

I'm really unfamiliar with the prepaid side of T-Mobile so I appreciate the real user experience you shared.

The T-Mobile LTE-A network is awesome in my area and if it ever came here I can see how popular it could be as an alternative to some of the others if advertised right.

I remember a T-Mobile executive stated during a earnings release last year that they purposely didn't market their branded prepaid service. I'm interested to see how this develops.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast