Thread: Unreal Mobile - Worth it or not?

Device(s)
    Nokia E71, iPhone 4s, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score

Unreal Mobile - Worth it or not?

I just saw this this morning.
    https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/714600002
    I was wonder if anyone else knows anything about it and if it’s worth a shot?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Notsonu View Post
    Hard to see any advantages over Tello. Tello lets you choose minutes and data buckets if you don't want unlimited minutes. I don't trust FreedomPop they are a shady company.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    There is already a long thread on this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Notsonu View Post
    This has already been discussed in a few threads on HoFo.

Full details remain to be seen, but it might be worth considering. I use and love FP's free AT&T LTE service as my main cellular connection. As long as what I'm using now remains free, I won't be switching. If that free service goes away, I will fully consider Unreal, and if it's the best value for my needs compared to other MVNO offerings, and if it offers service on AT&T by that time, I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    How fast is their 2G (over your high-speed data allowance)?

Are we talking 64Kbps, 128Kbps, or 256Kbps?

Feedback Score
    just activated a line, used an unlocked iPhone 6 that was originally verizon and a BYOD sprint SIM package i had lying around.

activation went very smooth. total cost was just $10 with the plus tax at zero

if you use the app on other devices for incoming VOIP calls than all incoming calls become VOIP, no option to have cellular incoming on primary device and VOIP on others. hopefully this changes. seems to be no voicemail which for me is great and makes it a great forwarding destination for google voice. hopefully if they do add voicemail in the future it does not become mandatory but rather can be turned on and off. does not seem to be a way to text online. i thought i remember reading someplace there would be computer based texting and calling, but seems not to be at least as of now. that would be a great addition in my opinion at least texting from computer browser.

haven't gone over the 1 gig limit yet to test throttled data.

so far seems like a great deal. sprint is pretty good in this area.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    just activated a line, used an unlocked iPhone 6 that was originally verizon and a BYOD sprint SIM package i had lying around.

activation went very smooth. total cost was just $10 with the plus tax at zero

if you use the app on other devices for incoming VOIP calls than all incoming calls become VOIP, no option to have cellular incoming on primary device and VOIP on others. hopefully this changes. seems to be no voicemail which for me is great and makes it a great forwarding destination for google voice. hopefully if they do add voicemail in the future it does not become mandatory but rather can be turned on and off. does not seem to be a way to text online. i thought i remember reading someplace there would be computer based texting and calling, but seems not to be at least as of now. that would be a great addition in my opinion at least texting from computer browser.

haven't gone over the 1 gig limit yet to test throttled data.

so far seems like a great deal. sprint is pretty good in this area.
    Any update on what the 2G speeds are like? If they're slow, have you considered testing 2G speeds over their AT&T service?