Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: If T-Mobile and Sprint Merge will the U.S wireless market become the next Canada?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Man has this topic gone sideways or what, what say we get back to the original topic “If T-Mobile and Sprint Merge will the U.S wireless market become the next Canada?”

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skylar_G View Post
    That's great, so what areas of fort Myers and Naples were you in that you were able to determine they were the best carrier south of Tampa? Besides Naples and fort Myers, what other areas of s.w. Florida have you been in to make this claim?
    Sanibel Island for weekend about 4 weeks ago from Broward Country. I had lunch in Fort Myers after driving through Naples, Bonita Springs and came across I-75 from Broward. T-Mobile worked for me with no issues where you claimed anyone with T-Mobile would be so frustrated they would throw my phone out the window. That just not true I had no issues. I count on Rootmetrics making the report as proof that T-Mobile is better than AT&T, since I still don't believe a word you say about anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    When to Sanibel Island for weekend about 4 weeks ago from Browand Country. I had lunch in Fort Myers after driving through Naples, Bonita Springs and I-75 from Broward.
    Well then you would of realized that after you pay the toll on the causeway and get onto Sanibel TMobile service drops. They also have an annoying dead spot right in the middle of the bridge. If you are on a call at the time it will drop. then on sanibel the entire northeast side of the island is very hit or miss. Indoors almost forget about it. Staying on 75 isn't driving through naples or Bonita. 75 is covered fine with all 4 carriers. Once you pull off of 75 though you realize it's hit or miss. They cover Bonita better than Naples mainly because Bonita is smaller, but you have to remain close to either 41 or 75 to be covered well in Bonita. Estero and San Carlos are the same way, as they are very similar towns to Bonita.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well then you would of realized that after you pay the toll on the causeway and get onto Sanibel TMobile service drops. They also have an annoying dead spot right in the middle of the bridge. If you are on a call at the time it will drop. then on sanibel the entire northeast side of the island is very hit or miss. Indoors almost forget about it. Staying on 75 isn't driving through naples or Bonita. 75 is covered fine with all 4 carriers. Once you pull off of 75 though you realize it's hit or miss. They cover Bonita better than Naples mainly because Bonita is smaller, but you have to remain close to either 41 or 75 to be covered well in Bonita. Estero and San Carlos are the same way, as they are very similar towns to Bonita.
    Sounds like you need a better phone.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like you need a better phone.
    Nope. Got tons of phones. Heck my past job was all about phones. Have used almost everything out there. From low end to high end. That s9 you have, I have also. Even have a + variant of the same device, Have a note 8, a o.p. 6, mate se, mate 10,just picked up a Moto z3 play, bunch of cheap zte's, bunch of lg's, the v30, the g7, g6, g5. If I actually looked id find more. I have more phones than I need. If you actually went to Sanibel I wouldn't have to tell you where the dead spots were. You'd already know. But thanks for reaffriming my post from earlier, the typical response from people who try to blindly defend something, it's never the carriers fault, it must be the customers fault the carrier doesn't cover the area well

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nope. Got tons of phones. Heck my past job was all about phones. Have used almost everything out there. From low end to high end. That s9 you have, I have also. Have a note 8, a o.p. 6, mate se, mate 10,just picked up a Moto z3 play, bunch of cheap zte's, bunch of lg's, have been v30, the guy, more phones than I need. If you actually went to Sanibel I wouldn't have to tell you where the dead spots were. You'd already know.

Well the map below is the area that Rootmetric provided where they tested with 785 miles tested in that area including 44 indoor test between 5/19/2018 - 5/24/2018.

Rootmetrics results had T-Mobile tied with Verizon as #1 and AT&T #3 in there overall winner for 1H2018. You see Rootmetrics tested the whole area that I talked about and I sure believe them and my personal experience more than I would ever believe some random guy that I have no trust in that spends his whole day trashing T-Mobile and attacking anyone that likes T-Mobile. If Rootmetrics had AT&T as #3 they sure means AT&T much really sux in that area with T-Mobile tied for #1.

Name:  RootMetric Ft Myers1Half 2018.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  91.2 KB

Feedback Score
    Well the map below is the area that Rootmetric tested with 785 miles tested in that area including 44 indoor test between 5/19/2018 - 5/24/2018.

Rootmetrics results had T-Mobile tied with Verizon as #1 and AT&T #3 in there overall winner for 1H2018. You see Rootmetrics tested the whole area that I talked about and I sure believe them and my personal experience more than I would ever believe some random guy that I have no trust in that spends his whole day trashing T-Mobile and attacking anyone that likes T-Mobile.

Name:  RootMetric Ft Myers1Half 2018.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  91.2 KB
    That's great, good for root metrics. I own a place in the area, I live in the area part of the year, I've lived there on and off my whole life. I know it like the back of my hand. You claim to have personal experience there, but sorry, don't buy it. You are only relying on a test that you agree with for your statements. Again, welcome to the difference between me and you.

You should also read your map more. It doesn't include anything north of north fort Myers (missing the entire Port Charlotte, punta Gorda, Englewood areas) and nothing south of estero (missing Bonita springs, naples, and Marco island) in fort Myers and cape Coral TMobile works fine. According to the map you posted, they only tested the coastland Lee county area. Hardly representative of the entire sw Florida area, sorry.

As far as me, there are many people who share my views that a Sprint TMobile merger will not be beneficial to the customer as much as tmobile likes to tell people it will, there are posts all over the TMobile subreddit saying the same thing. They all must be attackers of TMobile.
    Last edited by skylar_G; 07-11-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Feedback Score
    ...If Rootmetrics had AT&T as #3 they sure means AT&T much really sux in that area with T-Mobile tied for #1.
    It means no such thing. If one looks at the Rootmetrics report, it shows that Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile ALL scored in the 90s, i.e., they are all excellent. Sprint was in the high 80s so they are a B+.

The Rootmetric reports don't mean what you say they mean, not by a long shot.

Saying a carrier is #1 when the others are about tied is about as meaningful as a JD Powers award based on a one week ownership opinion of a new car.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    It means no such thing. If one looks at the Rootmetrics report, it shows that Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile ALL scored in the 90s, i.e., they are all excellent. Sprint was in the high 80s so they are a B+.

Saying a carrier is #1 when the others are about tied is about as meaningful as a JD Powers award based on a one week ownership opinion of a new car.
    The report also doesn't state what he wants, where he wants it to. It's just the Lee county area which makes up a small part of the entire sw coast of the state. I've already agreed with him in the city of fort Myers and the city of cape Coral TMobile is fine. It's the other areas where some issues arise. Should that stop people from using them in that area? Up to them honestly. TMobile is not a very popular carrier there, Verizon pretty much owns that market, but that's hard to pin down as the areas population quadruples during the winter months, as a lot of the residents there are part time residents. If someone is ok with the trouble areas TMobile has there, great, use them all they want. Just me personally, if I lived in Florida full time, Verizon would be my carrier of choice. They cover the state well and especially after storms they are the most reliable carrier there. At&t would be my second choice, Sprint would honestly be my 3rd just because they will roam on Verizon and TMobile would be last. TMobile covers the area better than Sprint does natively, but that Verizon roaming on Sprint pushes them ahead in my book. After a storm being able to communicate is an important thing.

Feedback Score
    The report also doesn't state what he wants, where he wants it to. It's just the Lee county area which makes up a small part of the entire sw coast of the state. I've already agreed with him in the city of fort Myers and the city of cape Coral TMobile is fine. It's the other areas where some issues arise. Should that stop people from using them in that area? Up to them honestly. TMobile is not a very popular carrier there, Verizon pretty much owns that market, but that's hard to pin down as the areas population quadruples during the winter months, as a lot of the residents there are part time residents. If someone is ok with the trouble areas TMobile has there, great, use them all they want. Just me personally, if I lived in Florida full time, Verizon would be my carrier of choice. They cover the state well and especially after storms they are the most reliable carrier there. At&t would be my second choice, Sprint would honestly be my 3rd just because they will roam on Verizon and TMobile would be last. TMobile covers the area better than Sprint does natively, but that Verizon roaming on Sprint pushes them ahead in my book. After a storm being able to communicate is an important thing.
    Yeah, as I pointed out yesterday, the Rootmetric scores are only for the 125 metro areas they surveyed, and Root says that they have no meaning outside those specific areas.

Misstating cherry-picked statistics is just polishing a terd. It is still what it really is and makes the mis-stater look like a sock puppet shill.

Me, I'm not a fan of any carrier. I just use what is a good value to me and that could be T-Mo if they were the best value. I used a Sprint MVNO for two years and it was ok. I just understood that there would be coverage holes in rural areas. T-Mo is not even that good around here in the mid Atlantic between Richmond and DC.

Verizon is the only one with signal that makes it inside the house so they are my first pick. Verizon is still as evil as any cable company.

Feedback Score
    ..Misstating cherry-picked statistics is just polishing a terd. It is still what it really is and makes the mis-stater look like a sock puppet shill.
    ....and it makes the mis-stator look like they are trying to start a chicken fight everywhere they go.

Feedback Score

When you look at the actual data, what matters most is network reliability. Minor speed differences are meaningless. T-Mobile got one #1 score in Florida, Verizon got nine #1 and even Sprint got one #1. But in many cases the differences between #1 and # 4 were very small. This is not unexpected. The Rootmetrics tests don't emphasize coverage outside of urban and suburban areas and all carriers are able to cover these areas pretty well.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, as I pointed out yesterday, the Rootmetric scores are only for the 125 metro areas they surveyed, and Root says that they have no meaning outside those specific areas.

Misstating cherry-picked statistics is just polishing a terd. It is still what it really is and makes the mis-stater look like a sock puppet shill.

Me, I'm not a fan of any carrier. I just use what is a good value to me and that could be T-Mo if they were the best value. I used a Sprint MVNO for two years and it was ok. I just understood that there would be coverage holes in rural areas. T-Mo is not even that good around here in the mid Atlantic between Richmond and DC.

Verizon is the only one with signal that makes it inside the house so they are my first pick. Verizon is still as evil as any cable company.
    Well-stated. It's sad when people get so attached to a company that they feel compelled to make up these wild stories about it. It's insecurity that leads to this behavior, with the mindset of "I made a mistake in something I purchased and it'll make me feel better if I convince others to make the same mistake." Misery loves company.

Feedback Score
    The fact that Sprint can roam on Verizon in areas with no Sprint service is an advantage, though it is limited, and phones won't roam unless there is absolutely no Sprint signal, a weak Sprint signal, even when it's too weak to be usable, will prevent roaming onto Verizon.

Perhaps Verizon's history in Florida when they were the landline provider for large metro areas on the west coast (as GTE then Verizon) helped lead GTE Mobilnet, which morphed into Verizon, to the preeminent position in Florida, and they did it with PCS since Bell South and AT&T grabbed bot the A & B sides of the original 800 MHz band. Often people point to the fact that T-Mobile and Sprint were stuck with PCS (1900 MHz) as a reason that their coverage is relatively poor, but that's not the whole story. If you spend enough you can have good coverage even at the higher frequencies.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I really feel our sub forums are served best when we contribute, share ideas, news, tips and support each other. Remember why this specific sub forum was created and who it serves.

Insulting actual T-Mobile customers who post here or those who are trying to get information on new products and services really does this sub forum a disservice. Instead of discussing the thread we start discussing eachother looking for faults.

I don't know about you but I hope we can move on from the constant bashing of real current customers and enthusiasts who like to contribute. I think we've beaten up this dead horse of a thread for far too long.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast