Thread: Bizarre and incorrect data usage reported

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Bizarre and incorrect data usage reported

My "total" data usage went from approximately 39GB to 0GB last Thursday. I thought that was odd and a glitch so I checked the data line. It went from:
    Line 1: 26GB to 28GB (likely correct)
    Line 2: 9GB to 37GB (Wrong!)
    Line 3: 1GB to 29GB (Wrong!)

I'm on unlimited plus, so it doesn't really matter. But AT&T claims this is correct LOL. I mean it's quite clear it's something wrong on their end. But they were rather insistent 2 of the lines ate 29+Gigs overnight last week and also have no idea why the total GB reported shows 0. They dug further and now indicate I've only used 1GB .2GB and .1 GB for these lines respectively. Ha, something is really wrong here. Watch your bills...glad I am not on the 20GB plan anymore if their data counter is off.

Verizon Wireless: 2001-2004 & 2011-2013
    Cingular/AT&T: 2004-2006 & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011

Device(s)
    IPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    My "total" data usage went from approximately 39GB to 0GB last Thursday. I thought that was odd and a glitch so I checked the data line. It went from:

I'm on unlimited plus, so it doesn't really matter. But AT&T claims this is correct LOL. I mean it's quite clear it's something wrong on their end. But they were rather insistent 2 of the lines ate 29+Gigs overnight last week and also have no idea why the total GB reported shows 0. They dug further and now indicate I've only used 1GB .2GB and .1 GB for these lines respectively. Ha, something is really wrong here. Watch your bills...glad I am not on the 20GB plan anymore if their data counter is off.

Mine is also wrong right now. It is reporting that each of my lines has used 600+gb of data.

The data short code is still reporting correct usage however. *DATA#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Bottom line, even if it showing incorrectly at the moment, when the billing period ends for you, there is nothing you can debate them about it. There are several factors that can distort your usage, and the web site tool is only meant as an estimate of usage. Has been this way since I worked for them and used their services myself until 2007.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think it has to do with double data and the new plans that are supposed to be coming online.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Bizarre and incorrect data usage reported

When I log in I see this:

Didn’t say what the change was to but I assume it’s for the upgrade to 12 gigs for $5 more.

Device(s)
    LG G5, G3, G Pad X 10.1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Same here. 10 lines on an account, 8 of them show usage in the 35-45 GB usage yet the total plan usage so far this month remains about 50 GB. No one has received deprioritization warning texts. Since I'm on unlimited (last year's version) and no one's getting deprioritized, I'm not worried about it, but can confirm something's wrong.
    AT&T customer since 2007; Alltel 2004-07. Android user since 2014 and will never go back to Apple.
    I recommend and use CellMapper for testing and mapping signal coverage and have contributed extensively in the greater St. Louis region and surrounding states. (I withdraw my endorsement of Sensorly due to recent changes on their end.)

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    When I log in I see this:

Didn’t say what the change was to but I assume it’s for the upgrade to 12 gigs for $5 more.
    Yeah I’m getting the same message as well. I’m assuming like you said it’s the upgrade to 12 gigs.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    For some reason mine isn't saying that. WTH!?!?!

Attachment 158545

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The text seems to be the correct usage now. Online\App is still 100% wrong.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The all access app is starting to show my plan as 40GB instead of 20GB!!!
    I opened it and refreshed.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    Mine still hasn't reset. I may have to call them.

Attachment 158546

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Sadly, the OLAM (Online Account Manager) has been quirky since it was initially introduced and has always been so. I don't remember what year it was made available to consumers but it has been around before 2005. As stated previously, it has always been an estimating tool only and never has been guaranteed to be "real time". I am not making a defense for it's failures, just stating the obvious.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Sadly, the OLAM (Online Account Manager) has been quirky since it was initially introduced and has always been so. I don't remember what year it was made available to consumers but it has been around before 2005. As stated previously, it has always been an estimating tool only and never has been guaranteed to be "real time". I am not making a defense for it's failures, just stating the obvious.
    I HATE olam, ever since like they reupdated their website since a year or so ago? the new att consumer website - it has become worse.

I dont mind redesign and fresh look, but not at the expense of functionality.The new usage meter etc is more in accurate compared to the old look.

I thought OLAM was a recent (3-4 year change) i did not realize it was here since 04.AT&T really needs to get better developers lol

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post

A little off topic but is att a lot better now in Philly?