Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: IT"S HERE!!! 4G on pay as you go plans now available!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    2,635
    Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    IT"S HERE!!! 4G on pay as you go plans now available!!

    I've just been made aware PP is finally availing pay as you go plans for 4G devices.

    According to customer service, migrating will retain your balance and expiration date. I couldn't get a definitive answer if a volte compatible device is require or not. To ensure future readiness I would make sure it is.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,044
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    That's good news!

    I see they made the per minute cost the same across all denominations, eliminating the benefit of buying larger amounts, except for convenience.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,044
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    The "120 day expiration when used as a cash balance on a monthly plan." statement is interesting.

    Previously, there was no cash balance expiration as long as a monthly plan was active.

    Perhaps it means the cash balance will expire in 120 days after a monthly plan expires, if a new monthly plan isn't added?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    161
    Device(s)
    StarTac 7868W
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That's good news!

    I see they made the per minute cost the same across all denominations, eliminating the benefit of buying larger amounts, except for convenience.
    Correct, for 4G. Under the "3G PAYGO" tab, the old $ per minute savings are still there.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southwest Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,980
    Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    HOLY S**T, it finally happened! Not a bad rate to settle on, either. Wonder if the data rate or text cost has been altered.

    Boz1, I recall seeing a sentence about the 120 day expiration thing when used as cash balance, under the then existing plans. Seems like the deal was always that expiration pushed out with a monthly plan payment.

    Well, now to finally search for and score a nice device. Probably a Moto G of some recent vintage.

    Wow!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    2,635
    Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    The "120 day expiration when used as a cash balance on a monthly plan." statement is interesting.

    Previously, there was no cash balance expiration as long as a monthly plan was active.

    Perhaps it means the cash balance will expire in 120 days after a monthly plan expires, if a new monthly plan isn't added?
    This applies to the $80 refill. It's unclear. In the past, paygo refill expiration on monthly plans would keep rolling over so long as the monthly plan was renewed.

    We'll need to get some folks to reach out to customer service for clarification. Probably several reps just to make sure the information is consistent.

    Also, what happens now if a monthly plan expires but there's a cash balance - it reverts to pay as you go rates now rather than being suspended?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southwest Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,980
    Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    If there's enough to cover the monthly plan cost it should hit that and deduct from it first (unless autopay invoked). It was always (to my knowledge) common procedure for the process to look at the cash balance even before any other method in the chain was initiated. Also, the only way to switch to Standard was to contact them directly to manually change it over, otherwise I assume it should suspend. Don't know how autopay would figure in to that. Autopay should supersede all.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,266
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    The "120 day expiration when used as a cash balance on a monthly plan." statement is interesting.

    Previously, there was no cash balance expiration as long as a monthly plan was active.

    Perhaps it means the cash balance will expire in 120 days after a monthly plan expires, if a new monthly plan isn't added?
    That same wording is used in both the 4G and the 3G tabs. Some folks use the pay-go PINS to add cash to their monthly plans. I guess that cash is good for 120 days, but don't know as I never had it last more than 2 monthly renewals

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,372
    Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    What's the process for converting to your service to an lte Sim? Do you request or buy a Sim from Page plus directly or can you buy from a third party like callingmart or prepaid cellular? What if you have an unused Verizon Sim card laying around?

    On another note, anyone know of any dual Sim phones that can do Verizon and GSM simultaneously? I think I heard the ZTE Axon 7 was might be capable.

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    2,635
    Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pick up a cheap tracphone sim kit from BB or target for a few bucks (might even be $1). Contact customer service to perform the change over.

    I haven't tried it yet on my axon 7. Sometime this summer will be doing another road trip. Might buy a $10 pin for use in areas att doesn't have native service. Recent road trip through WI/MN/eastern ND/eastern SD/eastern NE, and IA back to chicago had service everywhere along the interstate and even back roads. I'd probably run into issues in some of the rural areas of the SE with att/cricket.

    Threads on xda suggest the a7 does work with verizon.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,044
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    What's the process for converting to your service to an lte Sim? Do you request or buy a Sim from Page plus directly or can you buy from a third party like callingmart or prepaid cellular? What if you have an unused Verizon Sim card laying around?

    On another note, anyone know of any dual Sim phones that can do ? I think I heard the ZTE Axon 7 was might be capable.
    Historically, you could use any America Movil Vzw network SIM card, such as one of the $1 SIM cards for TF or TW, on PPC. I haven't heard anything about that changing. You CAN'T use a Vzw SIM card.

    The ZTE Axon 7 Vzw compatibility is unofficial and the ESN is NOT clear for Vzw network activation. You will need another Vzw compatible LTE device to activate the SIM card, and then put that active Vzw SIM card into the ZTE Axon 7 in order to use it on the Vzw network.

    I'm not sure If I've ever read a definitive report about the ZTE Axon 7 being able to do Verizon and GSM simultaneously. That will require more research.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southwest Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,980
    Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    So Boz1, just to clarify, PPC 4G use could be achieved with any of the America Movil divisions' SIMs (as they were already known to be interchangable among the "original" AM divisions)? PPC, having been more recently acquired by AM, was always a bit of an "outlier" to some of the other divisions' functionality issues.

    I have a bunch of "Family Dollar Special Event" BYOP TracFone SIMS. Supposing I successfully used one for a PPC device, then used up that device's balance with the intention of then moving it to TracFone proper, and knowing a VZW-based TracFone SIM can be re-used, I wonder if on TracFone that SIM would then be allowed TMFL capabilities. This intention is a bit theoretical and down the road, but it's under consideration.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,044
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    So Boz1, just to clarify, PPC 4G use could be achieved with any of the America Movil divisions' SIMs (as they were already known to be interchangable among the "original" AM divisions)? PPC, having been more recently acquired by AM, was always a bit of an "outlier" to some of the other divisions' functionality issues.

    I have a bunch of "Family Dollar Special Event" BYOP TracFone SIMS. Supposing I successfully used one for a PPC device, then used up that device's balance with the intention of then moving it to TracFone proper, and knowing a VZW-based TracFone SIM can be re-used, I wonder if on TracFone that SIM would then be allowed TMFL capabilities. This intention is a bit theoretical and down the road, but it's under consideration.
    Yes, for your first question. Unless something has changed recently, any America Movil Vzw SIM can be used for PPC.

    For your second question, I'm not sure. I've never seen a report of trying to use a preloaded TF SIM on PPC. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get any of the TF preloaded credit on PPC, even if the SIM could be successfully used on PPC.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    2,635
    Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @Whacker, if you have any concerns about sim compatibility, contact customer service via chat. They can valid the sim icc id's to see if they'll work or not.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,978
    Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Can one simply buy/order/request a PP SIM card, to use?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-30-2014, 01:17 PM
  2. blackberry on pay as you go plan?
    By GEAF in forum Verizon Prepaid
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 05:02 PM
  3. Advise on pay-as-you-go plans, please?
    By capt_Baobab in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 09:00 PM
  4. data plan on pay as you go plan
    By canad in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 10:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks