Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 93

Thread: IT"S HERE!!! 4G on pay as you go plans now available!!

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,972
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    Can one simply buy/order/request a PP SIM card, to use?
    You would have to find it at a PPC dealer, if there are any left, or directly from https://www.pagepluscellular.com/acc...ctivation-kit/ .

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    3,134
    Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Target - dpci 080-02-1218 . Use brickseek to see if your local one has it in stock or call.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    893
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Do 4G TracFone or TotalWireless branded devices work on page plus?

    Seems like if so you could pickup a retail box phone to use with the included sim.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,610
    Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    You would have to find it at a PPC dealer, if there are any left, or directly from https://www.pagepluscellular.com/acc...ctivation-kit/ .
    Yep, they sell the SIMs on the PPC website for $0.99 plus tax. I bought one yesterday and it shipped today. The nice gal I chatted with said I just have to call their CS or open another chat on their website to transfer the account (and existing balance) to the SIM (and, presumably, a valid MEID/IMEI) when I receive the SIM.


    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    2,063
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    I've just been made aware PP is finally availing pay as you go plans for 4G devices.

    According to customer service, migrating will retain your balance and expiration date. I couldn't get a definitive answer if a volte compatible device is require or not. To ensure future readiness I would make sure it is.

    You can thank me for this. I just ordered a $60/360 day Red Pocket card (500MB/100 minutes/100 texts) in order to have a backup Verizon phone, since Page Plus did not support 4G on Pay As You Go. As soon as I did this, Page Plus began supporting 4G on Pay As You Go.

    On Page Plus, this would cost $25 for 500MB, $5 for 100 texts, $5 for 100 minutes, plus the monthly 50˘ service fee, but in reality it would cost me less since it would be rarely used.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,972
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    You can thank me for this. I just ordered a $60/360 day Red Pocket card (500MB/100 minutes/100 texts) in order to have a backup Verizon phone, since Page Plus did not support 4G on Pay As You Go. As soon as I did this, Page Plus began supporting 4G on Pay As You Go.

    On Page Plus, this would cost $25 for 500MB, $5 for 100 texts, $5 for 100 minutes, plus the monthly 50˘ service fee, but in reality it would cost me less since it would be rarely used.
    Lol! Okay. Thanks!

    Yes, with just a little higher usage, the RP 100/100/500 $5/30 days, paid $60/360 days, plan is a MUCH better value! But like you said, for a backup phone with almost no usage, the PPC Pay As You Go Plan is better, especially since they started allowing LTE phones!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southwest Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,540
    Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    One of the things about PPC PAYGO (or any company's past PAYGO offerings, including TracFone) is that, even though you do get more for your money with deals such as what Red Pocket offers (for instance their 100/100/500 MB plan), if you've had your PAYGO plan for any length of time and have a balance built up (because you don't use it much), you have a potential to use that balance in say, emergency circumstances, that gives you talk time (or numbers of texts) that far exceeds that 100 monthly minute allotment. It's an approach that fits certain people better (and probably fits more people than realize it these days; it's just that the monthly thing gives people a "set and forget" sense of security or ease of use that's hard to overcome - it's become the norm). But it's good to have a PAYGO option; very economical as well as useful.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    2,063
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Lol! Okay. Thanks!

    Yes, with just a little higher usage, the RP 100/100/500 $5/30 days, paid $60/360 days, plan is a MUCH better value! But like you said, for a backup phone with almost no usage, the PPC Pay As You Go Plan is better, especially since they started allowing LTE phones!
    While RedPocket's minimum yearly cost is 2X that of Page Plus ($60 per year versus $10 every 120 days), I think it's worth the extra $30 to not have to deal with manually adding funds every 120 days. I lost my Page Plus number, and the ability to use the now-banned flashed Boost Moto G, due to inattention.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,972
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Lol! Okay. Thanks!

    Yes, with just a little higher usage, the RP 100/100/500 $5/30 days, paid $60/360 days, plan is a MUCH better value! But like you said, for a backup phone with almost no usage, the PPC Pay As You Go Plan is better, especially since they started allowing LTE phones!
    The RP 100/100/500 is $4.25/30 days, paid $51/360 days,with the coupon code below. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Pocket-...-/132288143818

    http://www.pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0629/63432.html
    15% Off Everything.*
    Use coupon code PERFECTDAY. Min. $25 purchase.
    Ends at 9pm PT.
    How to redeem your Coupon:
    1.Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
    2.Pay for your item by 9:00 PM Pacific Time on June 29, 2018
    3.Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PERFECTDAY

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    3,134
    Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I agree with whacker. $30/yr for an emergency phone is a pretty good value. Available airtime increases with time as the balance accumulates.

    I suppose a $30 monthly plan would be a better option if I were leaving on a vacation or trip to an area with vzw as primary provider (SE states) where I need both lots of talk and data. Redpocket offers 3gb of data while PP only offers 2GB.

    Folks need to assess what their practical needs are then choose the provider who offers the best value for those needs.

    We still have a family member on a grandfathered 10˘/min tmobile plan with no monthly charge. I set a reminder in the calendar to refill it with $10 annually then do a chat to reset the per minute rate back to 10˘. Each year this relative uses $10-20 worth of air time. Account was created in late 2011 with a $100 pin. So 7 1/2 years worth of service amounts to what, $160 ($100 + 6yr @$10/yr). No complaints here.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southwest Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,540
    Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    ^^^ Good story on the grandfathered T-Mobile Gold Rewards account! I have one of those too; was my first cellular line of service.

    I have no problem with the manual add aspect. Mark it down or use a calendar app entry. As often as I'm online it's common to routinely visit my provider sites and confirm what's going on.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,923
    Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    0
    Finally they are getting their act together.
    If only they would go back and fix the account information portal on their website so its works properly.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    2,063
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    I agree with whacker. $30/yr for an emergency phone is a pretty good value. Available airtime increases with time as the balance accumulates.

    I suppose a $30 monthly plan would be a better option if I were leaving on a vacation or trip to an area with vzw as primary provider (SE states) where I need both lots of talk and data. Redpocket offers 3gb of data while PP only offers 2GB.

    Folks need to assess what their practical needs are then choose the provider who offers the best value for those needs.

    We still have a family member on a grandfathered 10˘/min tmobile plan with no monthly charge. I set a reminder in the calendar to refill it with $10 annually then do a chat to reset the per minute rate back to 10˘. Each year this relative uses $10-20 worth of air time. Account was created in late 2011 with a $100 pin. So 7 1/2 years worth of service amounts to what, $160 ($100 + 6yr @$10/yr). No complaints here.
    I have one of those T-Mobile accounts too. It's on a dumb phone. But as an emergency phone it's of limited use because the places I would need an emergency phone is where T-Mobile is unlikely to have coverage.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,993
    Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0

    Thumbs up Successfully switch from 3G PAYG to 4G PAYG

    As I noted in my other thread, my old 3G device was dying, and since I had to buy a new phone, I would like to get a newer LTE phone.

    Well, I did it !

    I ordered a PP LTE SIM card thru their website. It cost me only a buck ($0.99 for the SIM and $0.01 for shipping). Its interesting that the PP SIM card actually says on it that its for use with a "used Verizon LTE phone". I think this is the only time I have PP actually officially refer to Verizon.

    I did a chat from the PP website to activate my new phone and SIM. Its interesting that the rep needed my new phone's IMEI number, and not the number off the SIM card, to do the activation.

    My new LTE phone (a used MOTO Z Play), is now successfully activated. The activation process did seem to take a long time. After it was done I figured out why... it downloaded and installed about half a dozen additional Verizon crap-ware apps.

    Anyway, I am happy!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,972
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Nice! Thanks for the report, WaltA!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-30-2014, 01:17 PM
  2. blackberry on pay as you go plan?
    By GEAF in forum Verizon Prepaid/Visible
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 06:02 PM
  3. Advise on pay-as-you-go plans, please?
    By capt_Baobab in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 09:00 PM
  4. data plan on pay as you go plan
    By canad in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 10:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks