Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: IT"S HERE!!! 4G on pay as you go plans now available!!

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Well, I decided to update my 2 old PayGo lines (on 3G smartphones) to LTE phones. I got a couple of LG Fiesta Straight Talk phones for $30 each (nice phones, almost twin to my LG X-Charge). Update went smoothly, VoLTE working. One line's balance went up 3.5X. The other went up 4X.

I don't really use them, but I didn't want to let the balances go, after many years of $10 additions per 120 days (one, I had set up for my mother, now deceased). Now, the balances are getting huge!

P.S. - Although I had added $10 PINs a couple days earlier, since the due date was coming, I noticed that after the update, my expiration went up a couple days. I suspect that doing this update alone may bump up your expiration 120 days. Perhaps the next person to update can verify that for us.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    P.S. - Although I had added $10 PINs a couple days earlier, since the due date was coming, I noticed that after the update, my expiration went up a couple days. I suspect that doing this update alone may bump up your expiration 120 days. Perhaps the next person to update can verify that for us.
    Beyond the balance going up, my expiration date went out by around 120 days (Aug --> Nov), too.

However, in another thread here, someone reported getting "you're about to be cancelled" warning msgs after their original date passed.

Device(s)
    Moto G5+ XT1687, 2*Moto E4 XT1768
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Page Plus, Freedompop-ATT
    Feedback Score
    I updated from a 3G phone to 4G (Moto E4 XT1768, US Cellular variant) a few days ago, and my expiration date was pushed out to 120 days from that change as well. I had added a $10 card 14 days prior, and so got 14 additional days.

My balance went up even more than others have reported, in a nearly sixfold increase from ~ $111 to $659! This makes no sense at all, as the added amount is more than the total amount I've put on this account in the eight years I've had it -- a $25 card at the beginning, then an $80 from before they lasted a year, then $10 every 120 days... so, no more than $345 in total, probably a little less.

I'm not expecting this strangely high balance to necessarily last forever, and that PP is likely to go back and "correct" the glitched upgrades at some point, but while it does, it's nice to have such a large cushion for unexpected usage. In terms of data, though, even $659 is only 13GB at 5c/MB, and with a fast LTE connection it wouldn't be hard to burn through that in a hurry if you weren't careful, especially with tethering or hotspot use.

Speaking of which, does PP and/or VZW still care about occasional tethering or hotspot on a paygo plan? I use my own script (root required) that routes everything out through the same APN and Android interface (rmnet_data0) as on-phone data, encapsulate all traffic within UDP-mode OpenVPN, and never use much data in this mode anyway, especially on Page Plus where the per-MB cost is so high.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Another couple of quirks I hadn't noticed before:

- call and data-usage details are no longer being reported on pagepluscellular.com, or are very delayed... none have appeared for me since the 3G->4G change

- the "your balance is" pre-announcement is gone, whether calling with VoLTE or forcing a fallback to 1xRTT by turning "Enhanced 4G LTE" off in Settings. Has it been the same for others who have switched? I know this was always an option customers could request.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fetcher View Post
    - the "your balance is" pre-announcement is gone, whether calling with VoLTE or forcing a fallback to 1xRTT by turning "Enhanced 4G LTE" off in Settings. Has it been the same for others who have switched? I know this was always an option customers could request.
    That happened to me and multiple tries with customer service to have the pre-announcement restored were unsuccessful.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I was ambivalent about the pre-announcement, which could be annoying when I wanted to make an actual call (especially several short ones in succession), but useful in testing for usable voice service in weak-signal areas without being charged. Oh well, I'll just set up a couple of non-supervising ring-no-answer, always-busy or straight-to-intercept numbers on my office PBX for testing purposes... and if that newly-inflated balance holds, I probably don't need to worry about the occasional test call anyway!

Also, as others have reported, this morning I received a spurious "your service has been disconnected!" email warning from Page Plus, despite having over 100 days remaining even on the old phone, prior to upgrading.

Subject: You still have time to keep your Page Plus service.
    Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 12:00:51 -0400

WHOOPS!

Your service has been disconnected.

It looks like you forgot to add your service card!Â* Make sure you add one now to stay in touch and avoid
    missing important calls. Refill your Pay-As-You-Go plan now to get back to your great Page Plus service. [...]

The newly-activated Page Plus phone is still working fine, though, when I tested to be sure. I guess this is a side effect of the old 3G handset having been deactivated?

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Call usage details have been gone for quite a while. Can't remember when they started to die off; more than a year likely.

I have two lines I converted to 4G (mentioned up the thread a bit). One tripled in balance and one quadrupled, and I got an extra two months' time each. You hit the jackpot though (omg...)!

I was getting the email about service disconnection ("you still have time..."), but after a couple they stopped. They never indicated which line they were referring to.

But things are working just fine.

Too bad about the Call Records

Feedback Score
    Can anyone recommend a basic 4g phone ?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirpaulgerman View Post
    Can anyone recommend a basic 4g phone ?
    Well, at least you didn't make a new thread again. See https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...lus-with-VoLTE and I'll repeat what I told you before, see https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-for-Page-Plus .

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I do understand your search. Vzw compatible 4G LTE flip/basic/feature/non-smart phones are few and far between, some are pretty pricey, and the reviews I've seen of the models available leave a lot to be desired!

I wonder if the poor reviews reflect the general shift to smartphones and now people are using their knowledge of smartphones to taint their reviews of these Vzw compatible non-smart 4g LTE phones, or if these phones are just that bad.

Anyway, when the time comes, either the end of 2019 or the demise of the LG Octane VN530 that my 83 year old mom has used for almost 8 years, I'll be taking a quick look at the current crop of Vzw compatible non-smart 4g LTE phones, and if nothing looks decent at a decent price, I may be switching her to the AT&T network, assuming AT&T Prepaid phones are still usable on AT&T MVNOs with no unlocking needed, and assuming AT&T Prepaid still sells a decent, low-cost flip/basic/feature/non-smart phone!

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone tell me what the correct setting for the apn on page plus?

Sent from my SM-N910V using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Line 1 - Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII >>> Samsung Galaxy S6 >>> Total Wireless Samsung Galaxy S6
    Line 2 - Verizon Motorola z6c >>> HTC Imagio >>> Page Plus HTC Imagio >>> LG L22C >>> Samsung Galaxy SIII

Device(s)
    Samsung S9
    Carrier(s)
    Freedompop, T-Mobile PayGo, PagePlus, Tello, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    does iphone se work for the conversion of 3g to 4g? I just tried chat and the guy says it's not eligible but the website clearly passes activation screen when I input the imei. Customer rep not helpful.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    PM me the imei, I'll run it through the device validation tool.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usera View Post
    does iphone se work for the conversion of 3g to 4g? I just tried chat and the guy says it's not eligible but the website clearly passes activation screen when I input the imei. Customer rep not helpful.
    What carrier?

I changed from a 3G phone to a Straight Talk iPhone SE on my existing PAYG plan. Gave the chat rep Old ESN, New ESN + SIM # (used unactivated SIM that came with iPhone). No issues with the conversion from 3G to 4G.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast