Thread: Text message from 24719

Feedback Score

Text message from 24719

Hi,
    My wife and I both just got the LG Premier Pro that was on QVC's today's special value. I activated them yesterday morning. Later in the afternoon, I recieved a text message from 24719 saying:
    "Service Msg: Your phone requires a software update. You will receive a notification on your phone. Please click 'Install' to update. It's safe and secure."

I did a Google search and everything I read is that this message is from Samsung.

I haven't recieved any actual update to install. I'm wondering what this is all about since my phone is an LG. My wife hasn't recieved any message...yet.

Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    Try connecting the phone to a WiFi connection and see if the update comes
    Through.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Try connecting the phone to a WiFi connection and see if the update comes
    Through.
    It's been connected to WiFi since I activated it yesterday.

I also did a reboot this morning.

Feedback Score
    Go into the phones settings - click about
    Phone - software update.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Go into the phones settings - click about
    Phone - software update.
    No updates available. It says it's up to date. Also checked Google apps and up to date there as well.

Feedback Score
    Do you have a TracFone Account?
    Check it to see if your phone is registered correctly.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Appears it's likely legit. But don't follow links in the messages. Go through the settings menu for system updates.

It's a notice of a spending update, but your phone may not show it yet. Give it a week or two to roll out. It looks to come from TFW, not the OEM.

The link with Samsung is just because Samsung has updated most on TFW.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It is a text from Tracfone or one of their companies. I get these texts a few times even when the phone does not have update. I had this text and an update once. I really hate those text too because one time I had them 3 times in a month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    Do you have a TracFone Account?
    Check it to see if your phone is registered correctly.
    It appears to be registered correctly. It's not showing any notice of pending update. The phone makes calls. No problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Appears it's likely legit. But don't follow links in the messages. Go through the settings menu for system updates.

It's a notice of a spending update, but your phone may not show it yet. Give it a week or two to roll out. It looks to come from TFW, not the OEM.

The link with Samsung is just because Samsung has updated most on TFW.
    I checked for system updates and it says it's up to date. Nope, I didn't click any links.

Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    It is a text from Tracfone or one of their companies. I get these texts a few times even when the phone does not have update. I had this text and an update once. I really hate those text too because one time I had them 3 times in a month.
    Okay. I'll just wait and see if anything happens. Just odd that my phone got the text and my wife's hasn't so far.

Thanks everyone. If I get something later, I'll post back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanS View Post
    No updates available. It says it's up to date. Also checked Google apps and up to date there as well.
    I got that same text message when I activated an HSN Samsung J7 Sky Pro a few weeks ago. I chalked it up to something to do with possible APN settings. But, I never got anything else. Wouldn't worry about it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanS View Post
    Okay. I'll just wait and see if anything happens. Just odd that my phone got the text and my wife's hasn't so far.
    I would wait too. Like my dad's phone, it got an update about one month before mine did, and they are the same phones bought at the same time. I have even seen that these updates get push about near the service end dates for these two phones that I have dealt with so far. My dad's phone updated two days after his phone's service end date, and my phone updated on the last day of my phone's service end date.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wow, my dad's J7 Sky Pro got a text message and an update at the same time. I even check my sources and found out it was real. Then I check my J7 Sky Pro, but it did not see the update. Then I check with Smart Switch on the PC, and my J7 Sky Pro does have an update. They both updated to S727VLUDS4ARF2 from S727VLUDU3ARC1. The only difference that I can see is security patch level was from March 2018, and now the security patch level is from June 2018.