Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: freedompop says ineligible for free data on iphone

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score

freedompop says ineligible for free data on iphone

Snap, looks like your phone is not currently eligible for free data. is what freedompop said when i entered the serial number

trying to help a friend with cheap/free service. she got an iphone 6 from a friend with origins unknown. but if it was blacklisted wouldnt it say phone not eligible at all?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydriver View Post
    Snap, looks like your phone is not currently eligible for free data. is what freedompop said when i entered the serial number

trying to help a friend with cheap/free service. she got an iphone 6 from a friend with origins unknown. but if it was blacklisted wouldnt it say phone not eligible at all?
    I've never tried the FP Sprint service. I've only used FP Global and AT&T LTE SIMs.

If you don't know if that iPhone is usable on Sprint, or if you don't know if the SIM card slot is unlocked for use on AT&T, how can anybody help?

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Truphone, Toggle, Netzclub DE, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    No matter which iPhone 6 model it is (isn't it printed on the back?) it supports the 3G bands and at least some of the LTE bands used by AT&T, which means you could use the FP LTE SIM. The only thing you need to figure out is whether the device is unlocked for using other SIM cards. Depending on the model, it may have come unlocked. Or, just try a couple SIM cards from different providers and if both seem to work (no "SIM not valid" or similar error) then it's probably unlocked.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score

Help them by not using FP. You'll be nickeled and dimed to death. You'll need to add $15 to get free account and they may put surprise charges for things you never ordered or ordered in error because their service is set up to charge you for everything like voicemail, MMS, etc.

Best best is to put them on Red Pocket annual plan for $60 on eBay. That's only $5 per month and it's real cell and SMS not the data calls that FP uses.
    Cheap calling cards now available! Click here!

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Help them by not using FP. You'll be nickeled and dimed to death. You'll need to add $15 to get free account and they may put surprise charges for things you never ordered or ordered in error because their service is set up to charge you for everything like voicemail, MMS, etc.

Best best is to put them on Red Pocket annual plan for $60 on eBay. That's only $5 per month and it's real cell and SMS not the data calls that FP uses.
    how do i make sure that specific phone will work with redpocket?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    how do i make sure that specific phone will work with redpocket?
    All you have to do is make sure the SIM card slot is unlocked. If it is, it can be used on Red Pocket on the AT&T or T-Mobile network.

If you want to see if it will work on Red Pocket on the Vzw or Sprint network, check https://myeasyactivation.com/ . The first field is for the phone's IMEI and the second field is for the SIM ICCID. If you don't have a SIM yet, just enter your IMEI and click "CHECK", and it wil show if the device is compatible. Just remember, you still have to make sure the SIM card slot is unlocked.

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    All you have to do is make sure the SIM card slot is unlocked. If it is, it can be used on Red Pocket on the AT&T or T-Mobile network.

If you want to see if it will work on Red Pocket on the Vzw or Sprint network, check https://myeasyactivation.com/ . The first field is for the phone's IMEI and the second field is for the SIM ICCID. If you don't have a SIM yet, just enter your IMEI and click "CHECK", and it wil show if the device is compatible. Just remember, you still have to make sure the SIM card slot is unlocked.
    this does not look good

ERROR: CDMASevice Validation Failed on CDMA-S. CDMAVISCOUNT_2_ACCESS

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    i now have a new option. friend said she would be happy to put her old obamaphone on freedom pop but i said thats not possible. but she's now ok with just a flip phone and only needs to use voice. doesnt wanna be bothered with monthly call outs to keep active either.

so having this new info in mind i see on redpockets page

One Month $20 Unlimited Talk & Text Plan
    + FREE Kyocera Verve
    Unlimited Talk, Text & 500MB High Speed Data
    Refurbished Phone Model - Good Condition
    and its 20 bucks for the 'free'phone (too bad i cannot give her my old twigby phone as its the same model. any chance of that?)

then i'm assuming after the one month i'm assuming just buying the 60 dollar year plan is easy as pie

the one thing im unsure about is does the phone have a sim card? i thought flip phones didnt have one. but the redpocket package on ebay says it comes with a sim.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    The info you're providing keeps changing!

How many minutes per month is this person going to use?

If less than 40-50 minutes, with no texts or data usage, it would better to put a flip phone on PPC for $10/120 days ($30/360 days) or H2O for $10/90 days ($40/360 days) paygo!
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min 1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 2013-2016
    Selectel-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM 2016-
    T-Mo-Data 2017-

Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    zero expected minutes per month. is a true emergency phone. it changes when i bring her new info and she changes it on me

now we are down to just voice for emergency usage. she can call uber and doesnt need a smart phone.

if she has/can get the right phone. looks like ATT 2 dollar a day plan may actually be the cheapest. she told me she has an ATT flip phone at home which was news to me

regarding H20 10/90 day. i'm assuming she never has to pick up the phone and make a call to keep it active? as long as paid up will work?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    zero expected minutes per month. is a true emergency phone. it changes when i bring her new info and she changes it on me

now we are down to just voice for emergency usage. she can call uber and doesnt need a smart phone.

if she has/can get the right phone. looks like ATT 2 dollar a day plan may actually be the cheapest. she told me she has an ATT flip phone at home which was news to me

regarding H20 10/90 day. i'm assuming she never has to pick up the phone and make a call to keep it active? as long as paid up will work?
    The AT&T $2/day used plan will cost more than H2O if it is used 2x per month for less than 66 minutes.

I'm not 100% sure about usage requirements on the H2O plan, but I think that's correct. Btw, the $10/90 days credit costs $9/90 days ($3/30 days) if on auto-pay, so the actual cost could be $36/360 days.

I've asked you this before, but are you positive that Uber can be summoned with a regular voice call?

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    yes its the grandparent service and she's done it before for uber

i gave her the facts about 2 bucks a day ATT vs 36 per year H20 so that would be up to her. basically she has 18 two dollar calls to make to keep it under 36 a year.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    yes its the grandparent service and she's done it before for uber

i gave her the facts about 2 bucks a day ATT vs 36 per year H20 so that would be up to her. basically she has 18 two dollar calls to make to keep it under 36 a year.
    Oh, okay. Maybe it's via https://gogograndparent.com/ .

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    and if my research is correct you can get 10 dollar ATT card. she said she can only think of 6 times used the phone in the past year. so maybe thats the way to go. we'd bring the phone to ATT to ensure it can be enrolled so that 10 bucks could last a long time if she's right about her usage

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    and if my research is correct you can get 10 dollar ATT card. she said she can only think of 6 times used the phone in the past year. so maybe thats the way to go. we'd bring the phone to ATT to ensure it can be enrolled so that 10 bucks could last a long time if she's right about her usage
    Sounds good. I hope it works out as anticipated!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast