Thread: Surface Phone

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score

Surface Phone

We going to resurrect the old crew if they release a Surface Phone?

Shout out to Evans, Mikewchandler, MadMonkeyBoy, etc!
    Danger Sidekick>Treo 600 CDMA> Treo 650 CDMA> Siemens SX66>Eten M500>Motorola MPx220>i-mate Jasjar>Treo 650 GSM>Treo 700p>Palm Centro>HTC Touch Pro>iPhone 3g>Blackberry Curve>HTC Hero>AT&T Nexus One>Motorola Photon 4G>Samsung Galaxy Note (AT&T Version)>Nexus 4>Nexus 5>Nexus 6> Nexus 6P>Google Pixel XL>iPhone 6S Plus 32GB (Low Storage Mistake)>iPhone 7 Plus 256GB

Device(s)
    Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    Don't know. The remaining useful apps have either disappeared or stopped working. Even the Tubecast app that I use for youtube on a backup Lumia 650 is no longer free as of last week. It's a lost cause. Windows phone is dead and gone!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone SE , Sony Ericsson TM-506
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular , Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think Microsoft has burned too many bridges and customers to make a successful go of a Surface phone in the consumer space. They've reinvented and clear-cut and orphaned so much hardware, so many apps, and too many developers and users -- dating back to the Windows Mobile days -- that (I think) it will be very difficult for them to convince the buying public (most of whom already are not buying PCs using Windows) that this time they really mean it. I predict a very slow uptake rate among the general public, perhaps even smaller than Windows Phone.

Too bad, because WP brought some interesting things to the mobile table. But products like this don't rely solely on engineering superiority for their success anymore. And Microsoft is challenging two huge incumbents in Google and Apple. Just don't see it happening....