Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: Retentions...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by agsaguy1 View Post
    Anyone call retentions/loyalty recently? I called a few weeks ago and they told me there were no phone deals available and pointed me at the regular deals available on their website. Did they suspend all loyalty promos due to Covid or something?

I was doing a chat with regular customer service for an issue with my paperless/autopay discounts.

At the end of the chat, I asked about Retentions discount (mine went down from $10 per line to $5 per line when I ported out shortly).

They said they would set up a call for Retentions to call me at a certain time the next day. They never called.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ExMotoEng View Post

They said they would set up a call for Retentions to call me at a certain time the next day. They never called.
    Unfortunately, CS reps can only submit a request for a call back but they have no control over that as it is handed off to retentions for resolution. CS can only see basic notes from that group but has no direct access to the group and cannot override their decisions. Patience is a virtue and due to the current pandemic and more limited manpower as a result, responses can be delayed longer than usual.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I may have to add a 4th line at some point in the next few months. From my understanding:

Unlimited & More Premium (my current plan) $140 to $150
    Unlimited Elite $150 to $160?
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    I may have to add a 4th line at some point in the next few months. From my understanding:

Unlimited & More Premium (my current plan) $140 to $150
    Unlimited Elite $150 to $160?
    Yes. Very similar pricing for the retention unlimited more and premium $10/line deal many got. 4 lines/$150.

Vs 4 lines/$160 for unlimited elite. (Att signature discount $10/line) (3 lines/$150)

5 lines/$175 is price for both retentions unlimited more and premium and the new unlimited elite plans.

If u are gonna to add 6 or more lines. The math favors the unlimited more and premium retention plan

The other difference is ability to choose Spotify/STARZ/hbo/showtime with unlimited more and premium.

Watch TV 40 channels works on both unlimited more and premium and the newer Elite unlimited. I can confirm like others watch tv still works I just made the switch on Saturday to unlimited elite.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
    Yes. Very similar pricing for the retention unlimited more and premium $10/line deal many got. 4 lines/$150.

Vs 4 lines/$160 for unlimited elite. (Att signature discount $10/line) (3 lines/$150)

5 lines/$175 is price for both retentions unlimited more and premium and the new unlimited elite plans.

If u are gonna to add 6 or more lines. The math favors the unlimited more and premium retention plan

The other difference is ability to choose Spotify/STARZ/hbo/showtime with unlimited more and premium.

Watch TV 40 channels works on both unlimited more and premium and the newer Elite unlimited. I can confirm like others watch tv still works I just made the switch on Saturday to unlimited elite.
    Great, thought so.

TV: I've never watched WatchTV. In theory I could really use it at my beach house as we don't have TV there. But it doesn't work on Samsung TVs unlike AT&T TV (old NOW, old directvnow etc). I don't understand why WatchTV does work on Fire sticks...I did buy one 66% off to try it and never bothered. AT&T makes this too complicated.

TV: I saw on reddit that my old $15 discount for DirecTv should most likely stay on.

Perks: I only ever had HBO on Unlimited Plus and Unlimited & More Premium so I don't care about that. It's the only perk I'd use as I already have spotify and Showtime we are mostly caught up on due to various free weekends. I'll never have more than 4 lines I doubt, considering my sister and brother in law went to MVNOs this year and spend more than they would have jumping on my plan anyways (which is fine and likely easier for everyone).

Overall: Essentially I'll be paying $10 more a month whether I have 3 or 4 lines. I can live with that. I don't NEED the extra unthrottled data, but it's a way to future proof I guess. Plus in theory 5G NR which is live in Philly and Delaware, I do miss band 5 LTE in some areas.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17