Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Retentions...

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Don't ever let that plan go!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    It’s a little confusing. Ur att released two unlimited plans in January 2017 and Feb 2017. The first one (without tethering) had corporate discount eligible

The second one released weeks later included tethering and hbo but no corporate discount except for military discounts.

And this is in addition to the January 2016 directv tie in with att that includes unlimited data for those with directv but also no tethering.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek87 View Post
    curious: can you clarify a couple of thing?

does the $95 include a few line fees, or is it $20x N lines + $95?

also, they are giving you $10/mo (as opposed to a one time credit)?

thanks!
    $95 is basically the unlimited data charge. Then $20per line.

Yes, $10per month with no end date.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
    It’s a little confusing. Ur att released two unlimited plans in January 2017 and Feb 2017. The first one (without tethering) had corporate discount eligible

The second one released weeks later included tethering and hbo but no corporate discount except for military discounts.

And this is in addition to the January 2016 directv tie in with att that includes unlimited data for those with directv but also no tethering.
    It is. They released them in a scramble.

Feedback Score
    It is. They released them in a scramble.

Yea we still have the one eligible for the corporate discount. The other one was released maybe a week or 2 later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    $95 is basically the unlimited data charge. Then $20per line.

Yes, $10per month with no end date.

thanks for the follow-up. i guess that is some variation on an older plan as i would think the "unlimited" would vary depending on the number of lines. for eg, if you had only one line, that's probably not a very good deal.

nice to see you got the $10 loyalty discount with end date. that's awesome!

Feedback Score
    So... after this long saga, it seems i'm back to where i'm started...

with my wife starting a new job and likely being on the road more and using more data, i realized it might be nicer to have the 12gb MSA plan if i could find a way to get it back.

so, i called yet again today, and got a rep who said the back office team could manually give me that plan...it would take over a week to get it done, but they will be able to provision my account for the 12gb plan for $45. while on this conversation, however, i asked to confirm that i would be getting the autopay discount of $10/mo on my next billing cycle since the previous rep had said i would be seeing the discount in 1-2 cycles. this rep said that unfortunately, this would not be possible since autopay discounts are not available on MSA plans.

so, i left the phone call somewhat disappointed. i'm glad (assuming the promise comes through) i rethought this idea of $5/mo for doubling our data, but i'm really just back to where i would have been if i hadn't called a couple weeks ago to inquire about the sudden change in plans. (actually, that's not entirely true: i did get $50 worth of credits for my time on the matter)

i'm still wondering though if i should end up pursuing the prepaid route. i know there are some shortcomings, but there are very few for our situation when i look at the Verizon prepaid plan:

- mobile hot spot
    - wifi calling carryover

with cards bought from Target (5% off), i can presumably avoid taxes and fees and still be paying a fair bit less for 14gb of data (7 per line) than i will now be paying for our ATT service (will be $88/mo after taxes and fees). the only loss would be my North America Roaming which i haven't used in the past few years at all.

on a brighter note, i am glad this forum is here. good to learn from others and share information.

Feedback Score
    So... after this long saga, it seems i'm back to where i'm started...

with my wife starting a new job and likely being on the road more and using more data, i realized it might be nicer to have the 12gb MSA plan if i could find a way to get it back.

so, i called yet again today, and got a rep who said the back office team could manually give me that plan...it would take over a week to get it done, but they will be able to provision my account for the 12gb plan for $45. while on this conversation, however, i asked to confirm that i would be getting the autopay discount of $10/mo on my next billing cycle since the previous rep had said i would be seeing the discount in 1-2 cycles. this rep said that unfortunately, this would not be possible since autopay discounts are not available on MSA plans.

so, i left the phone call somewhat disappointed. i'm glad (assuming the promise comes through) i rethought this idea of $5/mo for doubling our data, but i'm really just back to where i would have been if i hadn't called a couple weeks ago to inquire about the sudden change in plans. (actually, that's not entirely true: i did get $50 worth of credits for my time on the matter)

i'm still wondering though if i should end up pursuing the prepaid route. i know there are some shortcomings, but there are very few for our situation when i look at the Verizon prepaid plan:

- mobile hot spot
    - wifi calling carryover

with cards bought from Target (5% off), i can presumably avoid taxes and fees and still be paying a fair bit less for 14gb of data (7 per line) than i will now be paying for our ATT service (will be $88/mo after taxes and fees). the only loss would be my North America Roaming which i haven't used in the past few years at all.

on a brighter note, i am glad this forum is here. good to learn from others and share information.
    Not sure what I'll do but may also look at att prepaid. I have the 6gb doubled to 12gb but the price is going up. Att said it's $5 more but I didn't realize this plan increased like the others and I'm also losing my work discount so I'm now looking at $65 plus tax

Looks like prepaid is the way to go now

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    Not sure what I'll do but may also look at att prepaid. I have the 6gb doubled to 12gb but the price is going up. Att said it's $5 more but I didn't realize this plan increased like the others and I'm also losing my work discount so I'm now looking at $65 plus tax

Looks like prepaid is the way to go now
    i don't know if they will do anything for you as they basically doubled everyone's former plan and added $5 or $10 after doubling. but maybe you can call retentions to see if they can offer what i had previously (and what i think you had previously), assuming i read you as being concerned as paying $45 for 12gb and $20 for the line access fee.

you should be able to ask to keep your old plan at 6gb for $40 (which is $60 and fees for you)

but you are right, prepaid is cheaper all around...there are some trade offs like i noted for the Verizon prepaid above. ATT prepaid is a solid value but it doesn't include wifi calling which is important to our family. cricket is another good option if you don't mind the slightly slower speeds (IMHO, 8mbps is fine and in day-to-day usage probably isn't any different than ATT postpaid/prepaid since the network where we live is often congested and we are lucky to get 5mbps.

Feedback Score

Promises Promises, why do I believe?

just to vent and keep this thread going (seems to be maintained by mostly my own drivel) i wanted to update you guys on my experience...

- after the previous comment that the $45 12gb plan should reappear in the retention system, so i contacted AT&T last week in hopes that i might reactivate what should have happened automatically for me with my billing cycle (doubling my $40 6gb plan for $5 more). in a series of conversations with the loyalty department, i was told this could be done and would occur with the back office manually implementing it. but to make a long story shore, but it never happened, much to my disappointment and frustration. (i had a conversation with a rep who was working directly with the back office while i was on the phone and they said the system kept erring when they entered the code that should have applied this MSA package)
    - the conversation continued with a loyalty rep saying that he should be able to offer me an alternative: a 5gb bonus data to add on to my $40 6gb plan. that sounds like an awesome option (same price, almost double the data). he said he would call me back today to implement it (For whatever reason, he said the "code" wasn't available until this week when i spoke with him last Friday).
    - short story: he never called me as scheduled today ... so, i called retentions again, and thankfully, in spite of the failed promise to call me, the rep's detailed notes were there. it then took two separate phone calls to retentions because i got disconnected after 50 minutes of the first call and the rep didn't call me back in spite of having my callback number (???!???), but the last rep said that the bonus was indeed on my account when lookin gat it, and after messing around with my account (he reset my data counter which wiped out my rollover data from last month (2gb), but also gives me 6gb for the remaining 10 ays in my cycle so it's a wash), he concluded that i wouldn't see the 5gb of bonus day for 24 hours when the system updated itself.

so...i'm left with very very cautious optimism (given all of the failed promises i have received thus far) that i got something for the hours of trouble i have invested in this matter. (they did give me some billing credits along the way for my frustration and time). i have my doubts whether my account will show anything tomorrow, and i half wonder if it might take longer (next billing cycle?)... but i do hope this will eventually work out.

for now, there is some sort of promise (why would they lie?) that there is a code associated with my account that will give me 5gb of bonus data each month.

if this pans out, my wife and i should have an optimal situation. from what i understand, the 5gb data is used first before even touching the 6gb plan. that means for an example month where we use 5gb data, the next month we would have 17gb of data to use! that would be really nice buffer for our current 4-5gb usage pattern, and free us from having any "data anxieties."

good luck to me and maybe this info will be helpful to others. i'll update if and when i can confirm that i have received this bonus data and it's showing up on my account.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    just to vent and keep this thread going (seems to be maintained by mostly my own drivel) i wanted to update you guys on my experience...

- after the previous comment that the $45 12gb plan should reappear in the retention system, so i contacted AT&T last week in hopes that i might reactivate what should have happened automatically for me with my billing cycle (doubling my $40 6gb plan for $5 more). in a series of conversations with the loyalty department, i was told this could be done and would occur with the back office manually implementing it. but to make a long story shore, but it never happened, much to my disappointment and frustration. (i had a conversation with a rep who was working directly with the back office while i was on the phone and they said the system kept erring when they entered the code that should have applied this MSA package)
    - the conversation continued with a loyalty rep saying that he should be able to offer me an alternative: a 5gb bonus data to add on to my $40 6gb plan. that sounds like an awesome option (same price, almost double the data). he said he would call me back today to implement it (For whatever reason, he said the "code" wasn't available until this week when i spoke with him last Friday).
    - short story: he never called me as scheduled today ... so, i called retentions again, and thankfully, in spite of the failed promise to call me, the rep's detailed notes were there. it then took two separate phone calls to retentions because i got disconnected after 50 minutes of the first call and the rep didn't call me back in spite of having my callback number (???!???), but the last rep said that the bonus was indeed on my account when lookin gat it, and after messing around with my account (he reset my data counter which wiped out my rollover data from last month (2gb), but also gives me 6gb for the remaining 10 ays in my cycle so it's a wash), he concluded that i wouldn't see the 5gb of bonus day for 24 hours when the system updated itself.

so...i'm left with very very cautious optimism (given all of the failed promises i have received thus far) that i got something for the hours of trouble i have invested in this matter. (they did give me some billing credits along the way for my frustration and time). i have my doubts whether my account will show anything tomorrow, and i half wonder if it might take longer (next billing cycle?)... but i do hope this will eventually work out.

for now, there is some sort of promise (why would they lie?) that there is a code associated with my account that will give me 5gb of bonus data each month.

if this pans out, my wife and i should have an optimal situation. from what i understand, the 5gb data is used first before even touching the 6gb plan. that means for an example month where we use 5gb data, the next month we would have 17gb of data to use! that would be really nice buffer for our current 4-5gb usage pattern, and free us from having any "data anxieties."

good luck to me and maybe this info will be helpful to others. i'll update if and when i can confirm that i have received this bonus data and it's showing up on my account.
    When I had the 5GB loyalty bonus, it was used first. It's nice they do it that way because of rollover.

Feedback Score
    When I had the 5GB loyalty bonus, it was used first. It's nice they do it that way because of rollover.

thanks Joey. i agree and am hoping this pans out. it's not quite an 11gb MSA plan (since the bonus doesn't roll over if we use less than 5gb on a given month), but for the cost of our original 6gb plan, i'll consider it worth the pain of all of my phone calls if this works out as promised. this will give us plenty of buffer according to our expected usage patterns yet i am not paying extra to get that margin of safety.

i actually spent additional time on chat today with someone who assures me it is in their system and on his supervisor's screen it shows that our current usage is eating away at a bonus allocation rather than the MSA plan. it's just the OLAM and my mobile app don't have access to this information since this bonus plan was applied by the backend loyalty department. this discrepancy should work itself out when my next bill is issued.

i have 8 more days on this billing cycle, so I'm hoping and pray this works out as promised when i get my next bill or look at the online account after the new cycle begins.

Feedback Score
    ok: More talking to myself (and Joey who occasionally pities me ...

guess what happened just now? ... i got an email from AT&T saying my "request had been completed." (with no specifics listed) when i logged into my account, i saw that i now have a 12gb MSA data plan! if you recall, i was told that the system wouldn't take the request to grant that to me, even with people working in the back office. that is why they proposed giving me a 5gb bonus data addition for no cost on top of my 6gb MSA plan. (which i have been fighting to receive since last week)

at this point, i think i need to leave well alone and see if the 5gb bonus comes through as promised when my next billing cycle begins. even then, i'm not excited about punishing myself again and seeing they can downgrade me to the 6gb MSA plan for $40, because i'm almost certain they would screw things up and probably cause me to lose my 5gb bonus in the process and leave me back to the hell of dealing with multiple reps trying to make things work.

anyway, i'm glad i have a place on HF to share my experiences and vent... and maybe this is useful to someone out there who wants that 12gb plan for $45. it really is possible... it just may take weeks after you request it and have them agree to give it to you (for the record it took 2.5 weeks to occur for me even though it was supposed to happen within a few days. of course, they were supposed to cancel my request after giving me the 5gb bonus, and that never happened...). i can't promise the 5gb bonus plan is out there for others. it may have been offered out of desperation to help me and my particular circumstance.

thanks again for letting me get this off of my chest...

Feedback Score
    It took about the same amount of time for my 6gb MSA to be doubled to 12gb at $45.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamora View Post
    It took about the same amount of time for my 6gb MSA to be doubled to 12gb at $45.
    thanks Tamora. good to know... i was originally told 3-5 days, and no later than 9 days (7 business days) from when the request was made...that failed request was what set the rep and me on the path of the 5gb bonus for no added cost. we'll see where that ends up landing on my next bill. we certainly don't, at this time, need 12 gb of data, let alone 17gb. but i think given what i've been through, i'll stick with it and it should allow us some flexibility in the months/years(?) ahead as i suspect prices for data will be going up in time. (the prices for the Flex plans look ridiculously expensive)

Device(s)
    OnePlus 3, iP7/128, iPXS/64, iPXS/128
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well this is interesting. Thought I'd check back into the forum to see what might have changed since we left AT&T about 4 months ago for TMobile. At the time, AT&T said they simply couldn't approach the deal I got with TMo and retention let me go. I did everything I could think of to stay with Blue, but alas, a ship that size takes a long time to change course.

While we've mostly be satisfied with TMo and have a much better deal, we have a few issues regarding coverage that I need to discuss with TMo. But I thought I'd check back in to see what might be new in the world of AT&T. When we left Blue, we had a family share plan of 20GB pie (in itself a problem since a single user could blow it out for the entire group) shared between 5 lines of service. We had a FAN discount of 24% so the base plan was $100 for data (less 24% = $76), 5 lines x 40 each (less $25 each credit = net $75) for a total bill of $151 plus tax, fees, surcharges, and whatever other profit centers Blue factors in (~ $175 total).

In comparison, with TMo we have 5 lines of service on unlimited data, etc with possible slowdown after 50GB each line, 10GB each line of tethering, free Netflix, etc. for a flat fee of $171. I love the flat fee and hated the nickle and diming that I got from ATT with the constant minute increases in certain fees/surcharges, etc. But still, I had great CS with ATT (and so far with TMo too).

My personal opinion is that TMo is up and coming, but not quite there yet for my family... say, 97% there. So I'm considering a return to AT&T if I can find a reasonable deal. This doubling of data could be very interesting because we constantly ran into overages with the old 20GB plan and I was getting hit with extra fees for the add-on GB of data. At the time (March 2018), AT&T had no competitive plans to save our account, so we reluctantly moved to TMo.

Does AT&T offer any special deals with DirectTV Now and mobile service like they do with DirectTV? We don't have line of sight so can't take advantage of the satellite service. However, we do have a great local ISP with symmetric gigabit service, so internet TV could be a possibility. The known cons thus far are only 2 streams and limited DVR.

I just tried to call them to find out, but they are closed for the night.

Edit: talked to AT&T today and that double data deal is over. All they have that might fit me is the unlimited deal for 5 lines... $195 (with FAN discount) before taxes, fees, surcharges, extra fees, extra extra fees, etc. I'm guessing that'll be at least $225 when all is said and done. But they do offer DTVNow for $25/month which includes 3 streams and 20 hours of cloud DVR. That's pretty skinny DVR time and we use the DVR a lot. I might do the DTVNow trial and just see how well it works. But honestly, compared to our current TV, internet, and mobile phone service, that might save me a max of $10/month. Hardly worth changing service for. And considering I get Netflix for free with my current service, it would be almost a total wash. Hmm. Not very attractive.
    Last edited by speedlever; 08-14-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast