Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Retentions...

Feedback Score
    speedlover...

you answered for yourself before i could respond. yeah: i think the doubling was only available for current customers who already had Mobile Share Advantage and AT&T wanted to make sure they kept us as customers. i don't think any of the published current offerings are even close to competitive. eg, 5gb Flex plan is a whopping $50. at the same time, i'm supposedly going to be getting 12gb + 5 bonus for $45 MSA. those aren't even close...

if i were starting from scratch, i'd be considering prepaid services from AT&T, Verizon (or some MVNO variety since Tmobile and Sprint coverage won't work for our locations we frequent).

and yes, AT&T fees are ridiculous. each of our $20 lines work out to almost $26/month.(some are taxes, of course, but their admin fee is nearing $2 and that is pure profit for them) there are basically zero fees for our data plan which i receive a FAN Discount on.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 3, iP7/128, iPXS/64, iPXS/128
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    After reviewing the channel selection on DTVNow, I'd have to go with the $65 plan to match what we have now, which would further increase my costs.

As much as I like AT&T, I have to say that TMo has really stepped up to the plate in customer service. To accommodate my low signal issues at my house, they're sending me a cell spot. While my Android works fine on the weak mobile data signal combined with my wifi, the rest of the family on iPhones have issues, especially sending texts to Android phones. So if the cellspot works out, I simply can't find a justifiable reason to return to Big Blue, as much as I'd like to.

And once TMo gets band 12 and band 71 deployed, coverage may not even be an issue going forward (at least for phones with those bands, and all our phones support band 12).

AT&T would really benefit from not being such a big company that they have become slow to respond to market changes and conditions. Try as I could, I was unable to find a workable scenario with CSR and the retention department at AT&T. They finally told me they just can't make it work for everyone so we parted on amicable terms. And while I've been looking for a good reason to return, I simply haven't found a good reason to do so yet.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Yeah AT&T really needs to bring out some competitive plans. I mean the current plans are still much better than what was offered 10 to 15 years ago, but still other carriers are offering better deals. I'm ok because I'm on the $45 12Gb double data deal. New customers aren't so lucky. Back in 2003 I was paying $80 for an 850 minute plan(no data or texts) with 3500 night/weekend minutes. Although that was a true nationwide plan with roaming included. I would never pay that amount of money ever again for that type of plan.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I left AT&T Wireless last month because retentions and I couldn't agree on a deal after they raised the admin fees 2x within 90 days. My bill was approaching what I would pay at Verizon. Plus Verizon's coverage in my area is superior to AT&T. IMHO, AT&T is focusing more on being a content provider and less on wireless and Uverse.

Feedback Score
    ai agree that it seems in some ways plans were better than they were several years ago. but one thing that has changed is the change in subsidies and contracts.

no too long ago, i used to pay $50 for 450 minutes (w rollover) + 2gb of data + 200 texts. i never ran out on the texts nor minutes and 2gb was sufficient. on top of this, i received what amounted to a $450 discount on my phone every 2 years.

i suspect prices will continue to slowly rise and they will slowly offer more data to compensate. i'm very grateful for my $45 12gb plan, and hoping that the bonus 5gb shows up on my account the next billing cycle. if so, then my wife and i will stick that out for a good long time unless prices plummet. of course, i can imagine ATT continuing to slowly bleed us with increasing admin fees. i still can't believe how they managed to triple them on us recently in a few month period...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I also found those nickel and dime fee/surcharge monthly increases aggravating. I have to say I really like paying a flat rate for my TMo service now. It's almost like being on pre-paid! (only better)

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I have been talking to ATT social media team who says they wanna help me lower my bill. So far all its been is playing phone and message tag. I told them I didn’t want to change my plan(20gb mobile share value - $100) cause anything else is gonna be more expensive. I dont even think I’m eligible for the $10 discount for auto pay. I think you need the unlimited plan. So I’m not being very optimistic when i do get to talk to them cause i dont believe they can do anything to help. My wife will be needing a new phone here in a couple weeks and that will put my bill over $200 per month so i will be considering on switching to T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberman View Post
    I have been talking to ATT social media team who says they wanna help me lower my bill. So far all its been is playing phone and message tag. I told them I didn’t want to change my plan(20gb mobile share value - $100) cause anything else is gonna be more expensive. I dont even think I’m eligible for the $10 discount for auto pay. I think you need the unlimited plan. So I’m not being very optimistic when i do get to talk to them cause i dont believe they can do anything to help. My wife will be needing a new phone here in a couple weeks and that will put my bill over $200 per month so i will be considering on switching to T-Mobile.
    I encountered the same scenario. The best rentensions could do was a one time credit. From my perspective AT&T is ok with losing wireless subscribers to other carriers. AT&T lied to the government about not raising prices when they raised prices the day after they completed the Time Warner acquisition - that was the final straw for me. I did not want to fund their acquisitions costs so I voted with my dollars and left AT&T.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...629-story.html
    Last edited by ren7nc; 08-19-2018 at 10:29 AM. Reason: missed word.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberman View Post
    If you have a dual sim phone, consider getting a cheap Tmo pre-paid plan and run both sims side-by-side in your phone. I did that for a couple of months to prove the coverage before I made the switch. Coverage varies so much for everyone. My mom and sister live in an area where Verizon coverage is very weak and they can't make and receive calls. After several years, I finally got them to switch from VZW to AT&T and they love the new service. But it was hard leaving the VZW comfort zone they'd had for many years, in spite of the lack of coverage at home.

Interestingly enough, now that I switched to TMo, I have very limited coverage at her house now. Fortunately, wifi saves the day. Every carrier will have their strong and their weak areas of coverage. So just do the best you can to verify coverage before you make any changes.

Feedback Score
    The plans are a big complaint I have about att. Very good network and better priced plans would be icing on the cake

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek87 View Post

so, i called yet again today, and got a rep who said the back office team could manually give me that plan...it would take over a week to get it done, but they will be able to provision my account for the 12gb plan for $45. while on this conversation, however, i asked to confirm that i would be getting the autopay discount of $10/mo on my next billing cycle since the previous rep had said i would be seeing the discount in 1-2 cycles. this rep said that unfortunately, this would not be possible since autopay discounts are not available on MSA plans.

so, i left the phone call somewhat disappointed. i'm glad (assuming the promise comes through) i rethought this idea of $5/mo for doubling our data, but i'm really just back to where i would have been if i hadn't called a couple weeks ago to inquire about the sudden change in plans. (actually, that's not entirely true: i did get $50 worth of credits for my time on the matter)

i'm still wondering though if i should end up pursuing the prepaid route. i know there are some shortcomings, but there are very few for our situation when i look at the Verizon prepaid plan:

- mobile hot spot
    - wifi calling carryover

with cards bought from Target (5% off), i can presumably avoid taxes and fees and still be paying a fair bit less for 14gb of data (7 per line) than i will now be paying for our ATT service (will be $88/mo after taxes and fees). the only loss would be my North America Roaming which i haven't used in the past few years at all.

on a brighter note, i am glad this forum is here. good to learn from others and share information
    Thanks . . . I'm now seeking the same thing. I had been on 10GB, which was set to double for +$10, which was more than I needed. I called and a rep said she could switch me to 6GB for $40, which would double and be +$5 when it doubled. Of course, that part never happened, so I called today to see why not. I was told that was a one-time automatic adjustment that would have happened in early July. However, the rep said he would create a ticket and it should get my plan changed in 7 business days (or so).

We'll see . . . would be reasonably happy going from 10GB for $70 to 12GB for $45, even with the $6 increase across 4 lines for their "administrative" fee.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1G-Drew View Post
    Thanks . . . I'm now seeking the same thing. I had been on 10GB, which was set to double for +$10, which was more than I needed. I called and a rep said she could switch me to 6GB for $40, which would double and be +$5 when it doubled. Of course, that part never happened, so I called today to see why not. I was told that was a one-time automatic adjustment that would have happened in early July. However, the rep said he would create a ticket and it should get my plan changed in 7 business days (or so).

We'll see . . . would be reasonably happy going from 10GB for $70 to 12GB for $45, even with the $6 increase across 4 lines for their "administrative" fee.
    I’d encourage you to be patient. It took them 3 weeks to provision my account for the 12gb plan. I still haven’t seen my 5gb bonus yet even though they confirm it’s there and it should appear on the OLAM any time now...

Aside: patience is not my strong suit.

Feedback Score
    Wow a lot of these double data MSA plans sounds like a lot of run around honestly. I had to deal with some run around myself but for now it’s been quiet knock on wood

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Be careful when they offer you an alternative. T did that to me because I kept bumping against the 20GB limit which triggered the automatic 1 GB/$15 add on. So they offered to move me to a 25GB plan for only $5 more. I thought that sounded very reasonable and agreed to it. Imagine my surprise when I got my next bill and it went up $40 or so instead of the $5-ish I was expecting.

What the rep left out was that by moving to the different plan, my credit dropped from $25/line to $20 (or whatever). Figured across 5 lines that bumped up my costs way more than the $5 increase I was expecting.

To their credit, T switched me back to the 20GB family share plan and I kept that briefly before giving up and moving over to TMo where I now have unlimited data (throttled after 50GB) per line, etc. No more data limits and i can finally breathe! My last payment to T was $15 for another overage which happened just as we made the switch (last day of our bill cycle). Go figure!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Wow a lot of these double data MSA plans sounds like a lot of run around honestly. I had to deal with some run around myself but for now it’s been quiet knock on wood
    yeah, it is definitely a runaround for me with getting the MSA 12gb plan as well as still not getting my 5gb bonus (which i have confirmed via several sources that it exists on my account but still isn't visible to me except for the text message i received telling me i have it). from what i can gather, there are two separate computer systems at AT&T that aren't linked automatically. seems crazy, but it really seems that is the case based on my conversations with people at Loyalty/Retention)

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast