Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Retentions...

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Retentions...

I am thinking about calling retentions to see if they'll throw me some free data or possibly lower my bill some how without changing my plan. I have the Old mobile share value plan - 20gb for $100. I have 4 lines so after taxes, fees and FAN discount im right at $180 for the month and thats without a NEXT plan. Any tips or advice on talking with them or is it a complete waste of time?

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberman View Post
    I am thinking about calling retentions to see if they'll throw me some free data or possibly lower my bill some how without changing my plan. I have the Old mobile share value plan - 20gb for $100. I have 4 lines so after taxes, fees and FAN discount im right at $180 for the month and thats without a NEXT plan. Any tips or advice on talking with them or is it a complete waste of time?
    There's a recent thread on here about new plan changes to the mobile share plans. They're doubling data for only $10 more a month automatically. It's being rolled out as of July first. When you log in to OLAM, you should see pending account or plan changes

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    There's a recent thread on here about new plan changes to the mobile share plans. They're doubling data for only $10 more a month automatically. It's being rolled out as of July first. When you log in to OLAM, you should see pending account or plan changes

thats the advantage plan not the value plans

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    thats the advantage plan not the value plans
    Call retentions and see if they'll give you an advantage plan.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless (old "BLUE")
    Feedback Score
    I hope you have better luck than me.
    I called after getting the much-talked-about increase in fees since January (my bill has gone up $10 over a year's time w/o any changes at all to the plan). 4 lines, now $170 with all the taxes/fees for 20gb + rollover.

I asked about:
    More data
    Unlimited plans (that was a pretty quick no-go with no FAN discount and then taxes/fees topping things off, way more expensive)
    Asked about the "loyalty" discount -- another no go only for Unlimited plans

I also have 50mb UVerse (not FTTH) that is supposedly $30 a month for life plus 2 regular AT&T POTS lines.
    Oh and I also have DTV Now at the $35 (soon to be $40) Go Big promo rate for life -- with $5 HBO.

Basically, nothing they told me made any economic sense for me.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post

Received notification today of my new bill but doesnt include a price change. Doesn't show pending data change either:/

UPDATE:

Anyone that has the 25 GB MSA plan that hasn't received the data change notice will need to call retentions. Just got off the phone and was told they weren't going to bump mine to 50 GBs for the extra $10 automatically. They can do it manually, but instead she offered to increase mine to 40 GB for the same $110 which I took. Tablets with unlimited data for $20 is still available as well.
    Last edited by 10mm; 07-03-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Received notification today of my new bill but doesnt include a price change. Doesn't show pending data change either:/

UPDATE:

Anyone that has the 25 GB MSA plan that hasn't received the data change notice will need to call retentions. Just got off the phone and was told they weren't going to bump mine to 50 GBs for the extra $10 automatically. They can do it manually, but instead she offered to increase mine to 40 GB for the same $110 which I took. Tablets with unlimited data for $20 is still available as well.
    Thanks. I'll keep a lookout on mine. The data allotment hasn't changed, but the name of the plan changed to MSA 40.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Motorola Moto G LTE, Samsung Rugby Smart Nokia 6010
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So, they send out a notice that the MSA's are being doubled as of July, but instead of it automatically changing on your cycle date, you have to call retention's to get it. Will they now say," oh, we were just kidding". This just increases the number of calls to retentions, and i guess more chances to try to upsell or add products.
    The front office i getting weirder and weirder. At the rate they are going, there are going to be specific plans for each individual who has an account.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stclair49 View Post
    So, they send out a notice that the MSA's are being doubled as of July, but instead of it automatically changing on your cycle date, you have to call retention's to get it. Will they now say," oh, we were just kidding". This just increases the number of calls to retentions, and i guess more chances to try to upsell or add products.
    The front office i getting weirder and weirder. At the rate they are going, there are going to be specific plans for each individual who has an account.
    Yep it's got me puzzled because the screenshot I'm posting here from the "Doubling Data" Thread thread that Walt77 started conveniently couldn't be found by CS or Retentions. I was told that my MSA 25 GB plan was a "Grandfathered" plan and it didn't qualify for the data boost. I asked them just how many MSA 25 GB plans do they have? I think they knew I knew what I was talking about and makes me wonder if they are trying to steer people with the higher plans over to Unlimited.

Attachment 158604

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Motorola Moto G LTE, Samsung Rugby Smart Nokia 6010
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, 10MM, i had the same results as you.
    Today is my plans cycle start day. When i logged in there had been no changes. Called retentions and was on hold for 20 minutes waiting for an agent. I let her go thru her speil about what was available and then got down to business. She kept hinting that my monthly usage was only 20 GB or less and the MS Flex plan would work for me. I pesisted and she yhen offered the 40GB for the same dollar amount i was currently paying, so that has now been settled.
    When i commented that the switch , as noted on everyone's bill as to the doubling of data, should have been automatic, she kinda laughed. She just commented that her job was to keep me satisfied as a long time AT&T customer.
    So, now on to the next promise that some how doesn't get fulfilled.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    My cycle is in a few days so hopefully the double data shows up. I'm supposed to go from 6 to 12 with hotspot and rollover so won't be a bad deal if it comes to light

Plus I get a work discount so I'll be 100% happy with that

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Wow, not sure what's going on here with AT&T regarding this change. Anyone who is nearing the end of their billing cycle and hasn't received the pending data change notice on their account will probably need to call. This link is a legit AT&T webpage and I find it funny that the two CS representatives I talked to didn't want me to give them the link so they could see it for themselves.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article...less/KM1259100

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by desgnconcpts View Post
    I hope you have better luck than me.
    I called after getting the much-talked-about increase in fees since January (my bill has gone up $10 over a year's time w/o any changes at all to the plan). 4 lines, now $170 with all the taxes/fees for 20gb + rollover.

I asked about:
    More data
    Unlimited plans (that was a pretty quick no-go with no FAN discount and then taxes/fees topping things off, way more expensive)
    Asked about the "loyalty" discount -- another no go only for Unlimited plans

I also have 50mb UVerse (not FTTH) that is supposedly $30 a month for life plus 2 regular AT&T POTS lines.
    Oh and I also have DTV Now at the $35 (soon to be $40) Go Big promo rate for life -- with $5 HBO.

Basically, nothing they told me made any economic sense for me.

That was my experience. Told them I had Verizon SIM cards in hand and this was the last opportunity to keep me as a customer, and they pretty much tried to steer me to unlimited and sell me HBO. Which is spending more money, the exact opposite of the reason I called them in the first place.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Retentions...

Well my bill generated and it was pretty much five dollars more exactly, so AT&T wasn’t lying. $55(fan included) for 12 GB plus tax, not a bad deal.
    Hartford, CT Area

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    Well my bill generated and it was pretty much five dollars more exactly, so AT&T wasn’t lying. $55(fan included) for 12 GB plus tax, not a bad deal.
    Does that include hotspot at all?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast