Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Go Unlimited vs fUDP

Feedback Score

Go Unlimited vs fUDP

I've been trying to search for the difference between these 2 plans but couldn't come across the answer so could someone please explain to me the difference between these 2?

Feedback Score
    I think fUDP is Beyond United but $5 cheaper.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Go Unlimited data speeds are always deprioritized, and its hotspot is always throttled to a max of 600 Kbps.

The fUDP is prioritized for the first 22 GB, and its hotspot is full speed for the first 15 GB.

Also: The fUDP is billed traditionally, as an account-level plan with line access fees. This makes it end up being MUCH cheaper for family plans with a lot of lines. (It’s $110 + $20/line - $10 autopay/paper-free discount)

Go Unlimited is billed per line, with each line decreasing in price until there are 4, past which the discounts stop. For example, if you have four Go Unlimited lines, it is billed as $40 per line. (There is no account-level plan.) Additional lines cost $40, whereas on the fUDP they are only $20.

The fUDP is a better deal if you care about data speeds, or if you have more than four lines. Go Unlimited is a better deal if data speeds aren’t as important, and you have four or fewer lines.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Go Unlimited data speeds are always deprioritized, and its hotspot is always throttled to a max of 600 Kbps.

The fUDP is prioritized for the first 22 GB, and its hotspot is full speed for the first 15 GB.

Also: The fUDP is billed traditionally, as an account-level plan with line access fees. This makes it end up being MUCH cheaper for family plans with a lot of lines. (It’s $110 + $20/line - $10 autopay/paper-free discount)

Go Unlimited is billed per line, with each line decreasing in price until there are 4, past which the discounts stop. For example, if you have four Go Unlimited lines, it is billed as $40 per line. (There is no account-level plan.) Additional lines cost $40, whereas on the fUDP they are only $20.

The fUDP is a better deal if you care about data speeds, or if you have more than four lines. Go Unlimited is a better deal if data speeds aren’t as important, and you have four or fewer lines.
    Thanks Vivian so essentially the fUDP is $180 for 4 lines with the $10 autopay/paperless discount?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes. Whereas Go Unlimited would be $20/month cheaper at $160/month, but with the aforementioned speed differences.

Feedback Score
    ....The fUDP is prioritized for the first 22 GB, and its hotspot is full speed for the first 15 GB....
    Sorry, I am a Verizon newbie. What is this fUDP? I googled it, and found nothing other than discussions on boards like this. Nothing at Verizon at all. Does it go by another name?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Sorry, I am a Verizon newbie. What is this fUDP? I googled it, and found nothing other than discussions on boards like this. Nothing at Verizon at all. Does it go by another name?
    It's referred to as the New Verizon Unlimited Plan. https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...nlimited-faqs/

I believe the plan code is 98127. It's Beyond Unlimited but cheaper as you add more lines. It can still be gotten via chat. At least that was stated a few days ago on Reddit. Normally you have to have a plan first. And then get the plan code 98127 added.

(If I messed something up here someone please correct me.)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Orlimar1 is correct. It's plan code 98127.

It's called the "fUDP" because that stands for "February Unlimited Data Plan," which alludes to the fact that it was introduced in February 2017.

You may have the easiest time getting put on The New Verizon Plan Unlimited (its proper name) by calling Verizon and then telling the automated system that you want to cancel your service, because it will then route your call to Retentions, which has more power than standard customer service.

Feedback Score
    Maybe you don't mean it this way but that implies speeds are always slowed. Not true in the slightest.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Maybe you don't mean it this way but that implies speeds are always slowed. Not true in the slightest.
    I didn't say that.

Deprioritization just means that less effort is given to delivering your data. However, if there isn't any congestion on your cell site at a given moment, you'll still get full speeds because you don't NEED the network to put extra effort into your data traffic.

Feedback Score
    Just gonna stick with the Go Unlimited. Speeds are fine even though we just switched 2 days ago with 4 lines. If I get anyone else in my family to join my family plan, I would look into the fUDP if it's still available.

Feedback Score
    I didn't say that.
    I didn't say you did hence the phrase "Maybe you don't mean it this way". Perhaps you missed that part of my post even though it was the very first thing I wrote.

Feedback Score
    What's the plan code for the fUDP for a single line? I plan on adding one line now and migrating the other gUDP once the contracts are up. I don't want to have to pay the extra monthly for it still being under contract.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Orlimar1 is correct. It's plan code 98127.

It's called the "fUDP" because that stands for "February Unlimited Data Plan," which alludes to the fact that it was introduced in February 2017.

You may have the easiest time getting put on The New Verizon Plan Unlimited (its proper name) by calling Verizon and then telling the automated system that you want to cancel your service, because it will then route your call to Retentions, which has more power than standard customer service.
    Read above, mac.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Opusnbill7 View Post
    Read above, mac.
    I did. However this is for the FAMILY plan and NOT a single line like I'm looking for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast