Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Here We Go Maps app

Feedback Score

Here We Go Maps app

Wondering if anyone has been using this app? I have used it a couple times. I like that it was free and doesn't use any data. But one thing really bugs me. It will go ding ding ding and I don't know why or how to stop it from doing it. There is no rhyme or reason for it doing this. Was hoping someone could help. Could not find anything on the web about it either.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've been using HERE We Go for several years. I like the fact that you can download the state maps or the entire country for offline use and don't need online access while driving around.

The ding ding ding is probably from Speeding Warning when you're going faster than the speed limit. In Settings, you can turn it off altogether or set a tolerance (number of mph) over the speed limit.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the quick reply. I checked settings and speed was set to 0. I will see if that takes care of it next I use the app. Don't use veyr often but sure is handy when I do. Seeing as you have been using this for awhile, can you get a different language voice? I see I only have English (UK).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
    can you get a different language voice? I see I only have English (UK).
    In Settings-->Voice options, there's an option to CHOOSE VOICES to download more voices. I have Vietnamese, English (UK), English (US), Surfer Dude (English) which is very funny.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    In Settings-->Voice options, there's an option to CHOOSE VOICES to download more voices. I have Vietnamese, English (UK), English (US), Surfer Dude (English) which is very funny.
    Yes, Surfer Dude is entertaining. Surprised there is not a female US voice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Obviously it's because the people at HERE are all male chauvinist pigs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    When I go to CHOOSE VOICES all it says is Installed languages English (UK) with no option to download anything else. Any ideas?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    When I go to CHOOSE VOICES all it says is Installed languages English (UK) with no option to download anything else. Any ideas?
    It seems like there is a problem with that at the moment. I also currently can't find a way to load more than 1 voice file at a time. I think it used to be possible in prior versions. I hope HERE can find a way to fix that!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    Obviously it's because the people at HERE are all male chauvinist pigs.
    Your statement doesn't make sense. They have female UK voice and male US voice, so they're "equal opportunities".

Feedback Score
    In Settings/Voice options, at the bottom of the screen, there should be a green stripe with the words "Choose Voice". Tap it. At least that is where it is for me.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It seems like there is a problem with that at the moment. I also currently can't find a way to load more than 1 voice file at a time. I think it used to be possible in prior versions. I hope HERE can find a way to fix that!
    I'm running HERE 2.0.12237 (8.30.56.114) on one phone and 2.0.12237 (8.30.84.156) on another phones. Just now I was able to download some more voices. Although on another phone I've seen the inability to get more voices. Can't remember which phone and which HERE version.

Name:  Screenshot_2018-07-05-09-19-30.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  20.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2018-07-05-09-18-07.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  32.6 KB

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Interesting! I thought I had the latest HERE version, but I didn't. I updated to latest version in the Play Store for my Phoenix 2, 2.0.12237 (8.30.82.153), and the ability to add multiple voice files is back! Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I updated my app and now I have a multitude of voice/languages to choose from. Thanks everyone.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I updated my app and now I have a multitude of voice/languages to choose from. Thanks everyone.
    At some point, one/some of the HERE updates messed that up. Fortunately, it has now been fixed. Thanks hpham for posting your version #!

Feedback Score
    Wondering if anyone has been using this app? I have used it a couple times. I like that it was free and doesn't use any data. But one thing really bugs me. It will go ding ding ding and I don't know why or how to stop it from doing it. There is no rhyme or reason for it doing this. Was hoping someone could help. Could not find anything on the web about it either.
    I have been using Here since it came to Android. It is useful, but far from perfect or as good as Google Maps at some things.

It's routing can be poor. It seems to mostly calculate the shortest route rather than a best route. That can be through windy country roads rather than quick and simple main roads.

It also does not let you adjust the route to go through points you prefer.

I mostly drive where I pretty much know where I am going and run it for the speed alerts that you want to disable. This is a feature that Google does not have.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast