Thread: Activation Sim on 25cent Paygo plan

Feedback Score

Activation Sim on 25cent Paygo plan

Is it possible to activate a sim card on the $.25 plan online with out funding the account?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    When you open an account, you have twenty-six days to add funds before the account is cancelled. You cannot choose a calling plan until you add enough funds to finance the calling plan you choose. You only get a telephone number assignment without funding.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    When you open an account, you have twenty-six days to add funds before the account is cancelled. You cannot choose a calling plan until you add enough funds to finance the calling plan you choose. You only get a telephone number assignment without funding.
    Thanks after attempting to activate my sim, I went back and sure enough, the sim was set up so all I had to do was to change to the 25 cent plan and fund. For some reason, the account was activated as a $35/mth plan. Maybe it had to do with the IMEI used to activate. All is good now.

Feedback Score
    Good info. It's just too bad they stopped offering the 10c a minute plan. 25c is archaic pricing. Only way to get AT&T signal strength and cheap rates is using prepaid on AT&T provided towers like H20, H20 has a 90 day $10 prepaid plan that gives 5c a minute talk & 5c texts. Unlocked AT&T phones will work on H20 for people who need An emergency glovebox phone & hardly use the minutes.

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge, Moto E4/E2/G/G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    The AT&T phone does not have to be unlocked. A locked AT&T phone will also work on H2O (except the Prepaid iPhone SE).
    Last edited by mframe; 07-23-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Feedback Score
    That's good info too for anyone who didn't know it. I didn't mention that as I wasn't sure if it was a no-no here, but yes, I've used a couple of AT&T branded phones on H20 and they had never been activated. The ZTE flip downloaded the updates but the smartphone (LG Phoenix 2) could only do calls or simple texts so I had to rewrite part of the settings to get MMS & data to work. I think the only way it wouldn't work is if I wanted to port in a number (I've never tried that) but it works for new numbers they assign when you get the account. If AT&T hadn't reverted from 10c to 25c minutes I would've stuck with them since I could buy 200 texts for 4.99, and data packs because their service on the towers here in the mountains has a strong signal when some other services don't work well here. H20 runs off of their towers so it's good for a cheap pocket phone.