Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone still using windows phone?

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I just recently bought a brand new never used Lumia 640 XL from eBay.
    I got an unlock code through the AT&T non customer unlock portal before it arrived.
    Within 3 minutes of taking it out of the box it was unlocked and I had my T-Mobile prepaid $3 a month SIM card in it.

I really wish that the HoFo app for Windows phone still works.

The phone does a good job but I am sad that so many apps that originally worked when I first started using Windows phone do not work anymore.

I can still get all of my email through the phone and the camera is really really great.

Call quality is excellent.

Hoping that when all of the plugs are pulled from Windows phone at least I will still be able to use it as a WiFi toy and phone for talking.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2
    Great phone with a great battery life.

The trick to using HoFo on Windows Phone, is to log into the full website, go to the user control panel ( https://www.howardforums.com/profile.php?do=editoptions ) and select "mobile" under "skin" near the bottom of the page.

This forces the forum mobile site view to show up on desktop browsers, which Edge on WinMo looks like to many webpages, even of you set the browser to mobile view.

If you use HoFo on your PC a lot, this might drive you crazy, since mobile view will be forced in all browsers, but I tend to HoFo more on mobiles than PCs.
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    Just broke out my lumia 735. It still works pretty well but part of the back cover is cracked so it's showing age.

The battery life is still excellent and definitely not a battery hog like my Android phones

Wish windows had survived and had more app support etc

At least we can still use our old phones.
    My mother is using same old lumia phone

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I recently broke the screen on my Android phone and fell back to my Lumia 925, which is frozen at 8.1 and can't seem to install any apps or log into Skype or Facebook. I plan to fix or replace my Android by the end of the month, so It's only a temporary inconvenience.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I recently broke the screen on my Android phone and fell back to my Lumia 925, which is frozen at 8.1 and can't seem to install any apps or log into Skype or Facebook. I plan to fix or replace my Android by the end of the month, so It's only a temporary inconvenience.
    They have killed off the Fakebook app for Windows phone.
    Messenger too.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Feedback Score
    I fired my old Lumia 640XL after about a year in the drawer. I noticed everything works, Text message and phone calls, but it won't send any pictures through MMS. Is this because Windows Phone is not being supported now? Is there any support left for WP? I know APPS are dead pretty much, but if I can use this for calls, text and some internet....I would be happy. I love Windows Phone... IO was going to buy a new Android today, but if I can get some more mileage out of my old 640.....that would be cool. I hate android.

Feedback Score
    A year ago I bought lumia 950 xl it's still good and still smooth.

Feedback Score
    Not windows but a Nokia QWERTY keypad phone haha E72

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Feedback Score
    My mother bought a Nokia Lumia 730, but now the Lumia phone has become a toy for my niece.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone SE , Sony Ericsson TM-506
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular , Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsondrake View Post
    Not windows but a Nokia QWERTY keypad phone haha E72
    I had one of those and LOVED it. Symbian is no iOS but that phone could do some pretty amazing things for its time. Sadly (on-topic) Windows Mobile never enjoyed that kind of app popularity.

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveinmn View Post
    I had one of those and LOVED it. Symbian is no iOS but that phone could do some pretty amazing things for its time. Sadly (on-topic) Windows Mobile never enjoyed that kind of app popularity.
    I felt the same way about my N8 with Symbian. I would love to use it today if it had 4G LTE. Same with my N9 with Meego. As for my windows phone, my Idol 4S, I just shifted off of it and already miss it. I ended up getting an Iphone 6s Plus off Swappa in mint condition. I have an android for work and have used many androids over the past 10 years, but I am tired of the constant corporate surveillance that is google. Apple at least pretends to be privacy oriented so that is a start. I don't like the Iphone much, it feels like speaking a foreign language but I guess I will get used to it. I keep wanting to switch back to my Windows Phone every day. Probably windows phone withdrawal syndrome or something, it will pass eventually.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2