Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anyone still using windows phone?

Feedback Score
    no i am not using window phone. i am using android phone

Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes,using a Lumia 640 upgraded to Windows 10. Still works well.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I used a 650 for a short period of time when I had to get a phone in a hurry and was quite surprised what a good little phone it was, especially for the $99 I paid for it. I was particularly impressed by the OS and when I eventually got around to getting a permanent phone, W10 was at the top of the list and I got an Idol 4s. Loved it! But I had to give it up after about a year as it wasn't compatible with my carrier's new LTE network and apps that I needed for work were not available, and others were starting to become unsupported. It was very much a repeat of the death of BlackBerry OS/BB10.

The OS was logical and easy to use and get used to, you didn't really need any previous experience with it to understand how it all worked unlike iOS which I've always found completely illogical and impossible to adapt to. If I had one complaint it was with the keyboard, not one of my favourites but not so bad.

Fired both of them up a few days again recently and they still run perfectly, and like many of you, wondered what could have been had Microsoft been able to penetrate the market much more deeply than it had.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Been using my Idol 4s for the last 24hrs and although I've managed to get LTE by playing around with the SIM settings, I'm missing a couple of features that prevent me from using this as a daily device:

VoLTE: This may seem a bit of a minor thing but I send a lot of data while on the phone; photos, documents, etc, and the speeds whilst talking are ridiculously slow when it drops to 3G to make the call. Last night I was on site and needed to send a picture of my location to the person I was speaking to and it took 40 minutes to send, and even then only after hanging up, letting the phone reconnect to LTE and then calling back when done;

VoWiFi: I love this setting as I'm often in locations when my signal is weak to non-existent. The function is supposed to be there but I can't find the profile to toggle on, I've tried everything. I don't know if this is due my carrier or Alcatel but it's definitely not showing up through my SIM or any other location I can think of.

Shame, I truly love this phone and the OS, so much more than my work's Samsung that I've been using for the last couple of years. If it had a physical KB, I'd replace my personal Key 2 with it but, alas...….

Feedback Score
    I have two Windows (WM 6.5) phones that I’m still using - Samsung SGH-i617 (Blackjack II) and SPH-i350 (Intrepid). I park my foreign SIM cards in them or my FreeUp SIM card (just for calls and txts).

When I travel abroad, I bring one of them to hold an extra SIM card just for calls and txts.

It’s been 3 yrs since I last copied my iCloud contacts to them. Have to recall how I did it so I can update contacts list in them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3