Thread: Anyone still using windows phone?

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score

Anyone still using windows phone?

Just broke out my lumia 735. It still works pretty well but part of the back cover is cracked so it's showing age.

The battery life is still excellent and definitely not a battery hog like my Android phones

Wish windows had survived and had more app support etc

At least we can still use our old phones.

Feedback Score
    I have a windows phone at my home. My wife is using this one for about 1 year. First time she didn't understand the feature clearly. But now everything is okey.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    I bought a used 735 on TMO to see if my mom would like it as an alternative to the flip phone. (She did not.)

I use it now and then as a music player and it may find work as a GPS with Here Maps soon. The news reader is useful also.

What really kept it from being a good daily driver is the lack of ad blocking in the browser. I never found a solution to this. There was also something really squirrelly about IE using a proxy of some kind. When I visited sites with expired certificates on wifi I got error as expected but over cellular data it just went on it with no error like there was a man in the middle somewhere. I couldn't trust it, no Adblock and possible Mitm, so no.

The TMO 735 was shorted on memory and so it got left out of the last Win phone OS upgrade, into the spare drawer it goes. I have a Free data for life sim in it now that actually won't work on cellular data (the sim is tied to the IMEI of a tablet that is not working properly) but does get SMS so ... T-Mobile Tuesday time.

I don't regret the experiment, it was a super cheap used phone but, but I probably wouldn't buy a windows phone again.

Carrier(s)
    verzion
    Feedback Score
    My mother is a HTC one m8 on verzion postpaid

Sent from my SM-S727VL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    See the first question!
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Still using the 640 as daily driver. I do very little internet browsing on the phone, mainly use it as a PHONE, camera, texting and email. The weather radar comes in handy at times. The only thing I'd really like more for apps is a SunTrust banking app for check deposits. I break out and Android phone at home and do it over WIFI instead. Cortana has great onboard voice recognition for voice dial as I cruise down the road using the Bluetooth headset in my motorcycle helmet. Android sux for that.

Feedback Score
    Only because Apple is too ******* and Google is too creepy. Wish there was an alternative.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HFUN View Post
    Only because Apple is too ******* and Google is too creepy. Wish there was an alternative.
    +1

Still using a BB10 Passport and wishing Microsoft would bring Andromeda to market now. I (and wife) would be a Microsoft mobile device (with phone) user if I there was a new device to buy.
    - Ira

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Lumia 635, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have a Lumia 635 that I use for talk/text only in T-Mobile prepaid. I like the phone a lot.