Thread: Administration Fee

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Administration Fee

Anyone else think the "Administration Fee" is just a made up fee by AT&T? When we joined in February of 2017 it was .76 cents per line and as of this month it is now $1.99 per line. I called AT&T and was told it was a tax, which it isn't. I was transferred and the man I got was so sarcastic and just told me they are capitalizing with it and to "deal with it". Thinking when the contract is up, it will be time to switch carriers.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think you can still exercise your right to leave AT&T because price is increase significantly. File complaint with FCC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile and Cricket fold such taxes and fees into the price as advertised and presented to customers.

It makes all others, who charge you more than the advertised price. seem dishonest.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, LG G7 ThinQ, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier(VZ LTE)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Of course it is, these made up "fees" are just masked efforts to make more $, AT&T isn't exactly hurting, so there's really no other excuse for raising it-

"AT&T has increased its monthly admin fee to $1.99 from $0.76 for every AT&T monthly customer, according to the BTIG Research analyst Walter Piecyk. The admin fee hike could make AT&T $800 million a year, according to Piecyk."

http://www.businessinsider.com/att-i...re-year-2018-6

It's lousy, and greedy, but it's legal.

Feedback Score
    Did we really need another thread about this? https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ncreased-Again

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Motorola Moto G LTE, Samsung Rugby Smart Nokia 6010
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Perhaps the "search forums" needs to be more prominently displayed. Or do people even use it?
    Once a topic gets down toward the bottom of the page, new topics on old subjects pop up.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Do you have to be so snobby?! Most of the posts are ancient on this site when people like you say to go to "this link"

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I went to my corporate store and she told me to call again. I called, spent almost an hour on the phone, but was finally given to loyalty. Loyatly was awesome! She agreed to credit the account $20 each month and gave me an additional GB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunks View Post
    Do you have to be so snobby?! Most of the posts are ancient on this site when people like you say to go to "this link"
    Are you talking to me? The thread that I linked to has been very active recently, posted to just four days ago. If you had just glanced a few threads down the page you would have seen it. I'm not a snob at all, just not too lazy to read a little bit before starting a new thread about a current subject.

If everyone just started a new thread instead of participating in existing threads, there would be so many topics you wouldn't be able to learn anything here. JMO