Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG Premier Pro WiFi

Feedback Score

LG Premier Pro WiFi

We have two of the LG Premier Pro phones and WiFi randomly turns off. It happens sometime during the night. I have looked through all the settings and don't see anything that might be a trigger.

I have rebooted the modem, Xfinity, reset the WiFi passwords in the phones and did a factory reset on one of the phones. Could they both have this same defect or is there something I'm missing?

Feedback Score
    Check the TracFone MyAccount app and confirm that WiFi optimization is NOT on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Check the TracFone MyAccount app and confirm that WiFi optimization is NOT on.
    Only Disable Wi-Fi Management is checked.

Feedback Score
    That's the desired setting.

If the phone is connected to WiFi at home and you turn the WiFi modem off and back on, does the phone automatically reconnect to the modem after the modem finishes rebooting?

Check phone WiFi settings to see if there's a setting for it to automatically connect to WiFi and be that it's enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanS View Post
    Only Disable Wi-Fi Management is checked.

Feedback Score
    That's the desired setting.

If the phone is connected to WiFi at home and you turn the WiFi modem off and back on, does the phone automatically reconnect to the modem after the modem finishes rebooting?

Check phone WiFi settings to see if there's a setting for it to automatically connect to WiFi and be that it's enabled.
    I unlugged the modem and restarted. The phone didn't connect to WiFi. The setting was Off. I connected the phone, restarted the modem again and the phone connected.

I don't see a setting for it to automatically connect to WiFi.

Feedback Score
    I unlugged the modem and restarted. The phone didn't connect to WiFi. The setting was Off. I connected the phone, restarted the modem again and the phone connected.

Does the phone have an advanced settings
    For WiFi connections ??

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There are two different scenarios:
    1. WiFi is turned ON on the phone and connected to a WiFi source. If for some reason the WiFi source goes offline then comes back, the phone should automatically reconnect to that WiFi source. That's the default mode on most smartphones.
    2. WiFi is turned OFF on the phone but the phone detects a WiFi source nearby and turns WiFi ON automatically then tries to connect.

If you like scenario #2, then ENABLE WiFi Management in the MyAccount app. Most people prefer to DISABLE it to prevent the phone from constantly searching for a WiFi source and uses more battery power.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    2. WiFi is turned OFF on the phone but the phone detects a WiFi source nearby and turns WiFi ON automatically then tries to connect.
    Many devices have an OS version of that.

But the OP is saying WiFi is turning off, not just disconnecting and not reconnecting.

I can't think of any reason WiFi would turn off. Maybe reopen the TF app and reboot just to rule out it misbehaving.

Feedback Score
    @october262...Yes, there is an advanced setting but the only thing that's in there that might affect it turning off is to keep WiFi on when screen is off and it is set to Yes to keep it on.

@hpham..ST Dog is correct. WiFi is turning itself off. Actually, I don't have the TF app installed on either phone. I installed it on one phone this morning to look at what tfusr19 was suggesting.

I didn't have the TF app installed on our previous LG phones and did not have this situation with WiFi turning off. We had two different phones before. I started one of those up and WiFi stays on like it should.

There's something in these Premier Pro settings somewhere or there is a glitch in the design since it happens on two phones.

Feedback Score
    If you are connected to WiFi at home and restart the phone, will it automatically reconnect? How about with other WiFi routers when away from home?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Many devices have an OS version of that.

But the OP is saying WiFi is turning off, not just disconnecting and not reconnecting.

I can't think of any reason WiFi would turn off. Maybe reopen the TF app and reboot just to rule out it misbehaving.
    My Galaxy S4 has a setting for "Keep Wifi on/off during sleep."

Feedback Score
    If you are connected to WiFi at home and restart the phone, will it automatically reconnect? How about with other WiFi routers when away from home?
    Yep, it reconnects. Never tried any other router. Haven't needed to use any other so far.

@bobdevnul...yes, it has the same setting and is set to stay on.

Feedback Score
    So if you restart your home router and wait 10 minutes the phone never reconnects to WiFi? If that's the case, then if you visit somewhere where you can connect to their WiFi router and have them restart the router to see if your phone reconnects to their router or not automatically, that will be and interesting data point.

What brand/model/etc home router/modem do you have? All my many devices automatically reconnect to my WiFi routers if either end is restarted.

Yep, it reconnects. Never tried any other router. Haven't needed to use any other so far.

@bobdevnul...yes, it has the same setting and is set to stay on.
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    I didn't have the TF app installed on our previous LG phones and did not have this situation with WiFi turning off. We had two different phones before. I started one of those up and WiFi stays on like it should.

There's something in these Premier Pro settings somewhere or there is a glitch in the design since it happens on two phones.
    There could be an incompatibility between the phones and the router. That is why trying another wireless signal was suggested.

After connecting, how long does it take before the phone toggles Wi-Fi off?

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to just keep heaping stuff on here, but do these current LG budget phones (which the Premier Pro, Rebel 3, Fiesta 2, and Stylo 3 are) have both 2.4 as well as 5 GHz Wi-Fi radios? If the Premier Pro does, see if forcing it to one band or the other (probably to 2.4 as it's more universal/older), has any effect, if that setting is even possible on the device. I'd assume you have a dual band router.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast