Thread: Any experience with Motorola warranty repair?

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Any experience with Motorola warranty repair?

I have a Moto E4 that I purchased 3-4 months ago. I noticed that there is a dark spot inside the camera. I own several cameras so I am familiar sensor dust. This spot looks to be dust under the lens and above the sensor.

I believe sensor dust should be covered by warranty. Does anyone have experience with warranty repair? What is the turn around time? Do I need a receipt? Do I pay for the shipping?

This is a Verizon PP phone which I purchased and unlocked to use with other carrier. So I am also concerned that I will get a different IMEI which I may not be able to unlock again.

Feedback Score
    I have used Motorola repair twice in the past 4 years. Phones I bought directly from Motorola so they had record of my purchase. Guarantee is 12 months. You can optionally pay $25 and they ship the replacement phone and after you get it ship the old one. Or ship the phone and they send a replacement with about 5-7 days turnaround. Different phone in either case. They pay shipping both ways.

Sent from my RCT6213W22 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. Did you ended up getting a different phone or phone with same IMEI back?

If they give me a different but carrier locked phone, I would rather not do the repair because there is a good chance that I cannot unlock the Moto E4.

Feedback Score
    Different phone, different IMEI. My phones were unlocked we hen I bought them. You need to ask what they do when they get a carrier locked phone that has been unlocked.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Does Motorola send you a new phone, or some used phone that might still have someone else's problems and wear/tear?