Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: FreedomPop appears to be reducing free "friends" data from 500MB to 50MB max

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishe View Post
    sorry to get everyone excited, it was a typo, I meant 5GB under $13 a month, not 7. And slickdeals is NOT the end-all be-all of all things cheap freedompop. Amazon had the prepaid annual plans for a bit less than Target, especially if you leverage cashback things like AMZ Store cards. Everyone on Slickdeals kept saying you could only get it through Target, which was incorrect, and I only found out about other option on other websites discussing it.
    At the time I bought the, the sale price was the same at Amazon and Target, $44.99. When was it less at Amazon?

Anyway, I chose to purchase it at Target for the additional 5% Red Card discount and so I could easily return it if I change my mind. FP AT&T LTE SIM, UT&T+1GB/Mo $3.82/mo @ $45.84/yr ($44.99-$2.50 Red Card=$42.74+$0.21 e911+$2.89 Tax).

I'm still deciding if I want to keep the FP UT&T+1GB/mo plan, or return it to Target.

I'm currently using the last several of my free plan FP SIM cards that still received 700MB at their last renewal/refresh.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by emmawatson8855 View Post
    This is really good news
    What is???

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I received an e-mail from FP yesterday:

Data Pack Sale

Get 80% off top-up credit!
    10GB for only $40 with no recurring charge.
    GET TOP-UP CREDIT NOW
    I was only interested in more details on the offer and it did not register with my brain that:

By clicking "GET TOP-UP CREDIT NOW", you agree to pay the $40 amount due today. You will be charged just a one-time $40 fee for 10GB of top-up credit now with no recurring charge and no plan change required. The purchased one-time credit is added to your available top-up credit.
    ... that my account would be charged immediately, I only thought that I would be taken to the offer page or at least to log and then given the opportunity to purchase the "Data Pack"

I rarely even use the service, it is a free Sprint plan on a tablet and the data is so slow it hardly worth the effort to use anyway.

If you actually regularly use the service and in my case deal with 1 Mbps data speeds, it is not all that bad deal as it appears the data rolls over indefinitely, so that is not my complaint.

I my opinion this is an overly deceptive practice, but not surprising coming from this ethically challenged company.

So beware, if you get this e-mail do not click the link unless you want to purchase! .... I would say the same for any other e-mail offer you get from FP, make sure you are not clicking a link that, IMO, vaguely suggests a direct charge!

I opened a ticket almost immediately to request the order be cancelled and have yet to see any action or to receive a response to my request.

My CC company says the charge is still pending so I can not yet dispute the charge.

My understanding is that FP sees the credit card on the account as a reoccurring charge, so even if I were to claim the card lost or stolen and the CC account # is changed, the vendor can still later charge that CC account.

I am not paying a ransom to remove my card, so when this dispute is resolved I will just close the account and FWIW they lose a customer.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks and now months, TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers.

Feedback Score

Thumbs down Pretty sure it's a spam account, but I'll bite anyway

Quote Originally Posted by emmawatson8855 View Post
    This is really good news
    Please expand on that. How is less data "good news?"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6