Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Invalid Sim Card on Lg Fiesta Lte

Feedback Score

Invalid Sim Card on Lg Fiesta Lte

I've had this phone for almost a year. A few days ago we travelled out of my service area and I couldn't use the phone. I then notice is said Invalid Sim Card in the upper left while we were out of the area.

Honestly I keep my phone on airplane mode most of the time because I use wifi, I have google voice.

I'm back in my service area (home) and went to put on data because I'm going out, and I can't have the invalid sim card message at the top and the data button in the settings menu is grayed out.

Anyone know how I can fix this? I've tried turning off and on and restarting but it doesn't hook back up. What do I do?

Thanks

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    You could try removing and re-inserting the SIM card.

Feedback Score
    Looking in settings I see back up and reset and there is a network settings reset, should I try that? I hate doing things without confirmation because I'm the queen of making things worse.

I've never taken this phone apart not even sure I know what the sim card is. ugh, totally living up to my username!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I did a quick Google search and this was the first result: "How to install SD and SIM card into LG Fiesta", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WFbdGHRKEQ

Does that help?

Feedback Score
    Ya I got my direction book out and figured that out. I got the tray open and then just put it back in. Nothing. Do you think I have to actually take the card out of the tray?

edit, well I did take the sim card out of the tray and carefully put it back. Still invalid?

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Did it have active service prior to travelling?
    After you opened the Sim tray, did you have the turned off, then back on?
    Toggling airplane mode might cause it to recheck network connection too

Feedback Score
    yep had service prior. Just thought it had invalid sim cause we were in mountains and no service,

Have turned off and on multiple times as well as going from airplane mode to not airplane mode.

Was going to reset settings but chickened out when it said I couldn't undo was I sure??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTechie View Post
    Looking in settings I see back up and reset and there is a network settings reset, should I try that? I hate doing things without confirmation because I'm the queen of making things worse.

I've never taken this phone apart not even sure I know what the sim card is. ugh, totally living up to my username!
    You can try the reset but be aware that it will also blow away all network settings including WiFi. I would go to Settings->More-Cellular and check the Preferred Network settings. If you have the CDMA version, make sure that it is set to CDMA LTE. If it is a GSM version, it should be set to GSM LTE. The actual wording is different for different models but there should be something similar. Also check APN settings and make sure there is an APN selected. After making changes, toggle Airplane mode off/on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    You can try the reset but be aware that it will also blow away all network settings including WiFi. I would go to Settings->More-Cellular and check the Preferred Network settings. If you have the CDMA version, make sure that it is set to CDMA LTE. If it is a GSM version, it should be set to GSM LTE. The actual wording is different for different models but there should be something similar. Also check APN settings and make sure there is an APN selected. After making changes, toggle Airplane mode off/on.
    When I go into Settings then More there is Mobile Networks that is greyed out I can't click it. The other pics are VPN, Emergency alerts & Printing. Now what?? I have a CDMA, that's verizon right.

Whats APN and were do I find it?

Feedback Score
    I found Network in about phone. I have service on this phone till Oct 2018 and I have 1.8 g data so that's not the problem. Seems like it thinks I'm still not home.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    When I go into Settings then More there is Mobile Networks that is greyed out I can't click it. The other pics are VPN, Emergency alerts & Printing. Now what?? I have a CDMA, that's verizon right.

If you can't get into Mobile networks, you won't see APN settings. Do you have access to another CDMA phone with a same size sim? If you do, try it in your phone. It sounds like the sim may be bad or, the phone has a problem. Swapping sims would help id the problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    If you can't get into Mobile networks, you won't see APN settings. Do you have access to another CDMA phone with a same size sim? If you do, try it in your phone. It sounds like the sim may be bad or, the phone has a problem. Swapping sims would help id the problem.
    No I don't :-(

Feedback Score

Turn off the phone , remove the sim and
    Then turn the phone back on without the sim. Do you get any error messages now ??

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    The remove/replace is to clean any minor corrosion from the contacts which can cause problems. You could try cleaning the SIM contacts with an eraser.

If you removed and reinstalled the sim (rebooting after) I'm leaning to a bad SIM or socket.

Do you have a 2nd device you can try the SIM in?

Easiest test is put the SIM in another device and see if it works or has same problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Turn off the phone , remove the sim and
    Then turn the phone back on without the sim. Do you get any error messages now ??
    No worded messages but I can see that there is a pic of a sim card with an x. SO I'm guessing it's saying no sim card.ha

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast