Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Verizon Prepaid Refill Cards on eBay

Feedback Score
    Well, I had $20 in ebay bucks expiring, plans were renewing. So, I picked a $40 refill at $42 just to get it done, bought 5 Thurs. night. Paid with Paypal, at the moment I have it setup as a low but sufficient bank account first, card second (yes it should be the other way around). Funds taken. Friday morning, 7am, seller cancelled the order, no reason given at all. Listing was updated and is still in stock now at $44.49. I have never had a seller cancel in more than 20 years (ebay account is that old, Paypal is very old, all 100%, no changes in address ever, so, good standing). I thought the refund would be right away, it isn't. I thought the seller should initiate that. On the order it says "Status: The cancellation is pending The seller canceled this order—just confirm that you received a refund". My only options with that are "I didn't pay for this order" or "I paid for this order, and I received a refund" (this part made me think the seller initiates the refund, so I wrote them). No option for I paid, no refund.

Is the refund automatic with a seller cancel, or do they need to do it? So, just be patient? I can research that, but I thought I'd post here since I've been following (miss the cheap refills, made home internet and phone cheap).

Ebay messages correspondence so far.
    Mine "I'd like the full refund for the items you cancelled after I paid for them. Thanks."
    Theirs "Hi dear yes we send you the refund"
    Mine "I don't see the refund pending anywhere in Paypal or Ebay, so I guess I will wait a short time."
    Theirs "Yes it’s showing conciliation pending"

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V30 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    They haven't for me here in Virginia either. If you use the Target Red Card when there is a 10% off sale on the refill cards. You can get them at 14.5% off. This is what used to do before I got the refills from Ebay. But I guess I will need to go back to getting them from target. When they have a sale.

Sent from my Tab A 10.1
    I have entertained The idea of getting a Target red card but the nearest Target store is around 25 miles one way from here.

I'd hate to get the red card just for online pins only when they have a sale.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    I have entertained The idea of getting a Target red card but the nearest Target store is around 25 miles one way from here.

I never purchased them from the Target brick and mortar store. I purchased them from the Target Website. And the digital refill pins showed up within a few hours.

I initially got the Red card for refill pins. Since there is no fee to use the card. But since my health insurance recently required us to use CVS pharmacy for maintenance medication(Target uses CVS pharmacy inside their stores). I am now buying more things from Target since I realized they have some great prices on some things. Plus an extra 5% off with the Red Card.

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V30 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I never purchased them from the Target brick and mortar store. I purchased them from the Target Website. And the digital refill pins showed up within a few hours.

I initially got the Red card for refill pins. Since there is no fee to use the card. But since my health insurance recently required us to use CVS pharmacy for maintenance medication(Target uses CVS pharmacy inside their stores). I am now buying more things from Target since I realized they have some great prices on some things. Plus an extra 5% off with the Red Card.
    Understandable. Purchasing inside the store would add local taxes and fees to the cost.

I hope they have their 10% sale soon and more often.

Thanks for the info!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score

Getting new cards have a ding in the credit score for a couple years. I've done a couple cards in the last year for some discount (best buy card for 10% off a computer. The Apple Card for the 6% off a phone in December). But historically I was better at avoiding special purpose cards than recently
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Trying to simplify to 2 prepaid lines, one on the Verizon network and a limited minute plan on ATT to improve coverage area. 12 month plans to help me fight the urge to switch. The good old days of contracts where you had to pay a hefty ETF to leave

Feedback Score

25 miles is a lot? Closest town to me with stores and a couple stoplights is 30 miles one way (little gravel road, then straight to town at 65mph with no stop signs or slow downs on a two lane highway), Dollar General and a Tractor supply type store are the only "shopping" type stores, other than a little thrift store and a handful of small overpriced specialty things. Walmart and Target are 75 miles one way, Best Buy is 90.

Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Getting new cards have a ding in the credit score for a couple years. I've done a couple cards in the last year for some discount (best buy card for 10% off a computer. The Apple Card for the 6% off a phone in December). But historically I was better at avoiding special purpose cards than recently
    I had a Target credit card, didn't use it about 13 months so they cancelled it without warning. Then I got a Target debit, tied to the same low balance account I stated before, and I try to use it a little every 6 months.

"Deals" are why I try to keep most cards. Discover has sales, Amex has really good ones with Amazon, etc.

Device(s)
    Iphone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Target is currently offering $5 off Verizon prepaid cards with a minimum purchase of $50. If RedCard is used to pay for the purchase, that reduces the cost to $42.75-

https://slickdeals.net/f/13837532-pr...#post134692844

https://www.target.com/c/phone-cards.../N-5xte6Z55e6t
    Last edited by electric_cactus; 02-02-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Get the redcard debit card instead. Its tied to your checking account.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by electric_cactus View Post
    Target is currently offering $50 off Verizon prepaid cards with a minimum purchase of $50. If RedCard is used to pay for the purchase, that reduces the cost to $42.75-
    Thanks. In for 2.

Bummer that eBay no longer offers any deals on VZW prepaid cards.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3, Moto G5Plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW Prepaid 15GB/$45
    Feedback Score
    May look into that option then. Had no luck getting a red card, they want a cell phone number but they require you accept promotional calls and texts. I used my Google Voice number to apply, but they knew it was GV. Funny thing is I didn't use that number when I applied, yet they called me on it but somehow it wasn't good enough for them. I've been using it since Grand Central days, with no problem up until now.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
    May look into that option then. Had no luck getting a red card, they want a cell phone number but they require you accept promotional calls and texts. I used my Google Voice number to apply, but they knew it was GV. Funny thing is I didn't use that number when I applied, yet they called me on it but somehow it wasn't good enough for them. I've been using it since Grand Central days, with no problem up until now.
    I've never received any calls or texts from Target with my Redcard.

Sent from my Galaxy S10

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V30 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The Costco Master Card to Visa changes turned me against store cards.

Quote Originally Posted by rview View Post
    25 miles is a lot? Closest town to me with stores and a couple stoplights is 30 miles one way (little gravel road, then straight to town at 65mph with no stop signs or slow downs on a two lane highway), Dollar General and a Tractor supply type store are the only "shopping" type stores, other than a little thrift store and a handful of small overpriced specialty things. Walmart and Target are 75 miles one way, Best Buy is 90.

I had a Target credit card, didn't use it about 13 months so they cancelled it without warning. Then I got a Target debit, tied to the same low balance account I stated before, and I try to use it a little every 6 months.

"Deals" are why I try to keep most cards. Discover has sales, Amex has really good ones with Amazon, etc.
    I know the feeling on the driving. I dinged my credit for a new rewards card.

I rotate my cards around a bit so each will get some use and they won't think I'm dead and close them!
    LG V20 (Verizon)

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I can say my credit score has ever been dinged after getting a card. My score has always either stayed the same or gone up after getting a new card. But then over the last ten years or so I've only gotten two new cards. The Red Card and an Amazon card. All my other cards I've had for between ten and thirty years.

Sent from my Tab A 8.0

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V30 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I can say my credit score has ever been dinged after getting a card. My score has always either stayed the same or gone up after getting a new card. But then over the last ten years or so I've only gotten two new cards. The Red Card and an Amazon card. All my other cards I've had for between ten and thirty years.

Sent from my Tab A 8.0
    I've read online that your score will take a small hit after a hard credit check pull. I won't know until next month.

I'll have 3 cards counting the new one. Oldest card is 17 years. It would have been older if I hadn't had to close it and get a new one due to theft.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score

Sent from my Tab A 8.0
    Dings have only been a few points. Signing up for postpaid service too. But overall my credit scores on these sites have been pretty stable over the last few years.

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast