Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need cheap MVNO on Verizon system. Help?

Device(s)
    TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Need cheap MVNO on Verizon system. Help?

What is the absolute cheapest voice service available on Verizon network? I have Sprint post pay for general use, but the signal is unreliable w/o wifi calling. The Verizon signal seems to be pretty decent.

The cheapest I have found is Page Plus at $10 for 166 minutes for 120 days, so $30 a year. Anything cheaper out there, I don't even need 166 minutes, data is not a concern nor is texting.

Also, any hints for a decent cheap Verizon phone would be appreciated. I have several never activated Verizon phones, but obviously they can not be activated on a MVNO.

Thank you in advance.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew2 View Post
    What is the absolute cheapest voice service available on Verizon network? I have Sprint post pay for general use, but the signal is unreliable w/o wifi calling. The Verizon signal seems to be pretty decent.

The cheapest I have found is Page Plus at $10 for 166 minutes for 120 days, so $30 a year. Anything cheaper out there, I don't even need 166 minutes, data is not a concern nor is texting.

Also, any hints for a decent cheap Verizon phone would be appreciated. I have several never activated Verizon phones, but obviously they can not be activated on a MVNO.

Thank you in advance.
    PPC is the cheapest.

There's nothing preventing a never-used Vzw phone from being activated on a Vzw MVNO. But you can't use a Vzw Prepaid phone.

Device(s)
    TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Thank you much.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Thank you much.
    You're welcome. I will mention that some MVNOs might have some issues with certain newer high-end Vzw phones. See https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-on-Red-Pocket . But as part of the TF family, any Vzw phone should work on PPC.

Feedback Score

Thank you in advance.
    I would check the Verizon phones you have for compatibility. They might be ok. Don't cost nuthin' to check.

http://www.mypageplusactivation.com/pageplus-plans/

In case you are not aware, Verizon is shutting down CDMA voice at the end of 2019. You will need a VoLTE capable phone for voice then. Buying a new phone right now, it is difficult to impossible to know which ones will activate with VoLTE on a MVNO.

Feedback Score
    HSN Tracfone bundles are $60-70 and include a decent Verizon LTE smartphone, a year of service and 1200-1500 minutes/texts/data.

Feedback Score
    If you have Xfinity internet, their service is free if you don't use much data. They also use Verizon towers.

Device(s)
    TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vvk View Post
    HSN Tracfone bundles are $60-70 and include a decent Verizon LTE smartphone, a year of service and 1200-1500 minutes/texts/data.
    That is an interesting thought, will look into it. thanks.

Device(s)
    TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    yeah, i've checked them all. i bought a batch of 10 at a local auction a couple of years back because they were cheap. They were presented as new store samples, out of package Verizon phones. While they do appear to never have been activated, I'm beginning to suspect they are pre pay, and therefor not eligible to activate on page plus.

Carrier(s)
    US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Isn't Expo Mobile paygo 2˘/min? I'm thinking this is a good option for low usage if you want the VZW network. There's nothing on the Expo website about where to get a SIM card, just a SIM card checker. Hmmm.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    yeah, i've checked them all. i bought a batch of 10 at a local auction a couple of years back because they were cheap. They were presented as new store samples, out of package Verizon phones. While they do appear to never have been activated, I'm beginning to suspect they are pre pay, and therefor not eligible to activate on page plus.
    Tell us the model numbers and we can probably figure out if they are prepaid ones. If they are low end phones they are probably prepaid.

You can also get an eligible, but broken phone off eBay for a few $. Use that phone serial to activate service and put the SIM in the phone you want.

I'm not sure if this still works reliably. I think I saw reports that Vz has cracked down on the scheme.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Isn't Expo Mobile paygo 2˘/min? I'm thinking this is a good option for low usage if you want the VZW network. There's nothing on the Expo website about where to get a SIM card, just a SIM card checker. Hmmm.
    Try this: http://www.shopexpomobile.com/SIM-cards_c_32.html there is a shipping charge 2.54. You will need to create an account to purchase the sim

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it's $0.02/min, but unless you're using almost the whole balance of each recharge, it's more than that, since there's no rollover.

The Expo website is a disaster. I see nothing about the cost of minutes, texts, or data, although it was there at one time. Also, There has never been anything there about rollover vs no rollover for their paygo plans.

Carrier(s)
    US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echance20 View Post
    there is a shipping charge 2.54. You will need to create an account to purchase the sim
    Plus $4.75 for the SIM card itself. There's a guy on eBay selling VZW prepaid/postpaid nano SIM cards for $2.99 with free shipping. Is there any reason one of those would not work? I'm tempted to try Expo but everything negative I've read here gives me pause.

Feedback Score
    Plus $4.75 for the SIM card itself. There's a guy on eBay selling VZW prepaid/postpaid nano SIM cards for $2.99 with free shipping. Is there any reason one of those would not work? I'm tempted to try Expo but everything negative I've read here gives me pause.
    I would contact Expo to make sure Verizon sims will work on their system before purchasing Verizon sims on eBay just advising

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast