Thread: Porting out of PP? Account # is now your IMEI

Feedback Score

Porting out of PP? Account # is now your IMEI

Porting out of PP? Account # is now your IMEI

All documents everywhere and all the ports out of page plus I've done in the past had the account # as your phone number. Sometime recently they changed this to be your IMEI #. Don't fail your transfer and use your IMEI # as your account # and the last 4 of your phone number as your PIN.

Good Luck.

Feedback Score
    So if you SIM swap to use different phones on occasion, you'll need to remember which device you activated the SIM with, or does their account software automatically match the SIM with the currently used phone? (This is for those of us who just move them SIM without notifying PP.)

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've had a hell of a time dealing with these dolts the last couple days. I have some old 3G verizon phones that are still in great working condition, so they're perfect for porting to Page Plus on a $10 standard plan pin and then porting back to Sprint for the free one year plan.

That was, until Page Plus started screwing around with everything. Not only is your account number now the ESN/MEID/IMEI of your active PP phone, but the pin, from what I understand, no longer automatically defaults to the last four digits of the phone number. I've received conflicting information, but I believe there is no default pin. Once you port in, you have to establish a pin through customer service. They do this by sending a verification text to the activated handset device with a code you then have to tell back to them. Another possibility that I was told is that the default pin is 1234 on all newly ported in phone numbers, but I'm not sure I'd trust that quite yet.

As for iPhones with a similar number for both the MEID and IMEI, I've been told (and I actually believe) the MEID is the better number to use as your account number when porting out. The IMEI has spaces (which are probably irrelevant) and one additional numerical digit. The MEID is the straight solid block of numbers.

I'm also very curious to know if their software automatically matches the SIM with the currently active phone on 4G devices.

It has been a few years since TracFone/America Movil bought Page Plus, and they've nearly accomplished their inevitable destruction of a once great MVNO.

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    I'm also very curious to know if their software automatically matches the SIM with the currently active phone on 4G devices.
    I've been wondering about that too.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Best to contact them via chat to verify information before porting out.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I read an old thread on HF that used the MDN (when different from the phone number) as the PP account number. I have no idea if this might still be applicable or relevant in some way in their current system. Just one more curveball that may possibly be useful.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^The MDN is the phone number. You're thinking of the MIN, which can differ from the phone number (MDN). Based on this thread, I wonder if they then use the MEID as the account number for 3g accounts.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1234 is actually the default pin for all new port-ins. This company is so stupid.

Porting out a number that was active on an old LG VX8300 flip phone with 11-digit ESN isn't possible because there aren't enough numbers to populate the field in the Page Plus porting system. I had to talk to a human in the PP port department to get the number released manually.

It seems they're in the process of phasing out all 1x/EVDO/2G/3G service and it's wreaking havoc on porting out.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icebook View Post
    I've been wondering about that too.
    It would be interesting if they match the IMEI to phones that are ineligible for activation on the network. For example, I have an unlocked iPhone 5c model A1456 that was originally a Virgin phone, but has since been recommissioned for Sprint postpaid activation. Page Plus doesn't allow unlocked Sprint/Sprint MVNO phones for activation, but if you were to take an active Page Plus 4G sim card and put it in this unlocked Virgin iPhone 5c, it should work on Page Plus, at least in theory.

They should have implemented their new system better. Rather than worrying about the IMEI of the handset, they should have simply made the Page Plus account number the ICCID of the sim card for all 4G accounts and kept the old system of using the phone number as the account number for all 3G (non-SIM card) accounts. Since the latter is being phased out anyway, it would only be a matter of time before all account numbers are sim card numbers. But no. Oh well.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    This is the general hang with Verizon Wireless's implementation of using SIM cards (for LTE), compared with the companies in the GSM world. VZW (and thus its MVNOs) wants to account for your device itself (in addition to your SIM) rather than just the SIM, for reasons we can only speculate about. Likely has to do with them wanting to control our ease of device choice and portability, to their financial advantage.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    So it's confirmed meid? An account that is several years old the pin is the phone number? Or is it 1234?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If the number was ported in a long time ago and has been on PP for a while, the pin should be the last four digits of the phone number. If it was ported in recently, it should be 1234. I would confirm with chat support exactly what your security pin and account number are before you do anything else.

Account number is definitely IMEI/MEID for all accounts. Whether they're using the 15th digit or not is unclear. The 11-digit ESN number of older dumb phones is the account number, but it's insufficient for an automatic port out.

Whether they're updating the IMEI/MEID when a SIM card is moved from one unlocked phone to another unlocked phone is unclear. If you have a 4G phone with a PP SIM that's different than the phone the SIM was first activated in, confirm with chat support what your account number is. My guess is the account number is the IMEI/MEID of the original phone, but I could be wrong.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    I just ported from Pageplus using MEID and last four of my number and that worked. It was an Iphone 4 so no IMEI to worry about.