Thread: Does anyone use eBay unlimited RedPocket with Sprint service and iPhone

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score

Does anyone use eBay unlimited RedPocket with Sprint service and iPhone

I currently have the Red Pocket Unlimited Plan from eBay through AT&T and I'm very pleased with the value (less than $20 per month). However, there are limitations that I was aware of which includes:

1. No MMS between iPhones and Androids
    2. No group messages between iPhones and Androids
    3. No Hotspot
    4. No wifi calling
    5. No visual voicemail

The one that I did not think would bother me is the group messaging with Androids (I have an iPhone), hovever, it turns out this is the most inconvienient. As I undersand it, this is an AT&T/APN/Apple issue.

I was looking to see if anyone is using the eBay RP unlimited plan with Sprint. If so, I would appreciate feedback on the limitations above. Thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, LG G Stylo 3 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mz7 View Post
    I currently have the Red Pocket Unlimited Plan from eBay through AT&T and I'm very pleased with the value (less than $20 per month). However, there are limitations that I was aware of which includes:

1. No MMS between iPhones and Androids
    2. No group messages between iPhones and Androids
    3. No Hotspot
    4. No wifi calling
    5. No visual voicemail

The one that I did not think would bother me is the group messaging with Androids (I have an iPhone), hovever, it turns out this is the most inconvienient. As I undersand it, this is an AT&T/APN/Apple issue.

I was looking to see if anyone is using the eBay RP unlimited plan with Sprint. If so, I would appreciate feedback on the limitations above. Thanks.
    That’s generally how iPhones work with any carriers mvno work. There’s probably even something listed on redpockets website about it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T iPhone 7 128GB Gold
    867-5309 Line: LG G Stylo 3 Plus

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I actually haven't read about ANYBODY using RP Sprint. What you're describing with RP AT&T with an iPhone, and with the particular RP plan that is ONLY AT&T or Sprint, is a good reason to try it. If you do try it, please report back on how it goes. Sorry I couldn't help.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    If you have an iPhone that can use all 4 carriers, you might be better off going with the eBay 2gig plan and using Verizon. It's $249 so it's not much more expensive and I think the Data throttles if you actually use up more than 2 gigs of data so you will never really be out of service.

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Plus, Le Eco Le Pro 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    That’s generally how iPhones work with any carriers mvno work. There’s probably even something listed on redpockets website about it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. It's only a problem in general with iPhones on ATT MVNO's. All other network MVNO's including Red Pocket Sprint should not have the group messaging MMS issue and messaging between Apple and Android issue. This is actually an Apple issue above all else. Apple blocks access to the APN settings and won't configure it properly for MMS unless the MVNO pays a ransom to Apple to unlock it. Typically from what I gather, the ransom is the MVNO must be willing to buy iPhones from Apple to sell to consumers. If the MVNO does this, the APN will work. They may have some other payment requirements as well. Now I'm not sure why this generally isn't a problem on other networks. It could have to do with what agreements the parent networks have with Apple. WiFi calling and visual voicemail could still be missing with other network MVNO's, but the MMS problem should not.

Feedback Score

Does anyone use eBay unlimited RedPocket with Sprint service and iPhone

I just switched from Att to the Sprint side and my mms or group messaging still does not work on a IPhone x

Update: Just had a chat with RP and the rep reset my account and MMS is now working.
    Rep also stated RP does not support group messaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by kaZZoo; 07-20-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post
    I just switched from Att to the Sprint side and my mms or group messaging still does not work on a IPhone x

Update: Just had a chat with RP and the rep reset my account and MMS is now working.
    Rep also stated RP does not support group messaging
    I would guess group messages really do work with RP on a phone with working MMS. Would you be able to test it with a couple of Android phone recipients and report back?

Feedback Score
    I did IPhone and android group message and it did work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post
    I did IPhone and android group message and it did work
    Thanks for the report. I was pretty sure group messages would work if you had MMS working.