Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LG Rebel 3 widgets?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Did you check to see if it's the same?
    It is upsetting that Samsung removed it as an option.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Did you check to see if it's the same?
    Here is what I get...no joy with Rebel 3. Maybe I try Nova?

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Regarding Home Screens (primarily on current LG budget series phones), my Fiesta 2 came with a Home screen that initially had a three panel setup (left-most being the main), no App Drawer, and no other options. All the extraneous included apps are in folders, like one for Google, Tools, Productivity, Management, located on one of the panels.

But as soon as I had it connected to the web the first time, an update to the installed LG apps was presented, which included one called Home & App Drawer, which I allowed to install.

Now in Settings under Home Screen->Select Home, there's an additional choice: You choose either Home or Home & App Drawer. The new selection, even though it's more like traditional Android, does some unusual things to the layout.

For now I'm sticking to the one without the App Drawer. You can add additional panels to either. Should be the same on a Rebel 3.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Regarding Home Screens (primarily on current LG budget series phones), my Fiesta 2 came with a Home screen that initially had a three panel setup (left-most being the main), no App Drawer, and no other options. All the extraneous included apps are in folders, like one for Google, Tools, Productivity, Management, located on one of the panels.

But as soon as I had it connected to the web the first time, an update to the installed LG apps was presented, which included one called Home & App Drawer, which I allowed to install.

Now in Settings under Home Screen->Select Home, there's an additional choice: You choose either Home or Home & App Drawer. The new selection, even though it's more like traditional Android, does some unusual things to the layout.

For now I'm sticking to the one without the App Drawer. You can add additional panels to either. Should be the same on a Rebel 3.
    I have 10 panels on my Fiesta 2.
    I don't have/use the app drawer.

I put apps that I hardly use in the panels farthest from the first home screen.
    Set up the other panels with like apps, messages, emails, etc.
    Weather apps in another.
    Sites and forums that I regularly visit.
    Photos and different image sites on another panel.

Stuff like that.

I'm loving this phone more everyday.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Many later model stock launchers don't have the looping option. And the horizontal app tray has been gone for a while (since Lollipop?)
    I mentioned earlier, I don't use the stock launcher any longer than it takes to install Apex. (Similar with keyboard and messaging apps. They are replaced immediately)

Apex (Nova and others) still give me the same 5 screens, and app drawer with horizontal scrolling.

My daily driver is Nougat, though I've been testing Oreo on a spare G2.

I really don't care for many of the changes since KK. Thankfully Android allows me to change things to my liking.

I do pitty people that fight with the stock apps and never explore alternatives.

If only Microsoft would give us such freedom on the desktop. Instead they break the tools that let us keep preferred interfaces. (I used Classic Shell on Win7, 8, and 8.1. Development has stopped because if problems with Win10.)

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V30 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Chris,
    I'm pretty sure you'll need to install an update fom LG which allows the home & app drawer selection.

Screenshots with and without app drawer on a Rebel 2. It should be the same on the 3.

Without app drawer.
    Name:  Screenshot_2018-06-17-00-57-28.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  23.5 KB

With app drawer.
    Name:  Screenshot_2018-06-17-00-57-49.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  29.0 KB

To install the update go to settings, about phone, update center and select app updates. This is from memory. One update is called home & app drawer.
    Last edited by Turtley; 07-15-2018 at 08:39 AM.
    LG V20 (Verizon)

Feedback Score
    I've never heard of having to install any apps from LG to get standard functionality like being discussed here.

You have a link for these LG apps?

The simple answer is Nova Launcher if the phone launcher doesn't include it

Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    Chris,
    I'm pretty sure you'll need to install an app fom LG which allows the home & app drawer selection.

Screenshots with and without app drawer on a Rebel 2. It should be the same on the 3.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    Chris,
    I'm pretty sure you'll need to install an update fom LG which allows the home & app drawer selection.

Without app drawer.
    Name:  Screenshot_2018-06-17-00-57-28.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  23.5 KB

With app drawer.
    Name:  Screenshot_2018-06-17-00-57-49.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  29.0 KB

To install the update go to settings, about phone, update center and select app updates. This is from memory. One update is called home & app drawer.
    This is exactly what I was referring to in Post #18 above.

For the newer LG budget phones, there should be an app update immediately available for LG native apps (not Google) that includes Home & App Drawer, Email, and one or two others.

Turtley's described path to the doing of the updates is correct.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    The simple answer is Nova Launcher if the phone launcher doesn't include it
    Why do so many Nova users act like it's the only alternative launcher out there or the only one with some specific functionality?

There are many alternates and they may be a better choice for some.

I tried Nova and like Apex better, but I never tell people to install it, just suggest they try alternates (and suggest a few).

Maybe I should just tell everyone to use Apex, Textra, and the other 3rd party replacements I like.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post

Got that too. And yes, I am sticking with the version that has the aftermarket "all app" button I downloaded in the lower bar...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Why do so many Nova users act like it's the only alternative launcher out there or the only one with some specific functionality?

There are many alternates and they may be a better choice for some.

I tried Nova and like Apex better, but I never tell people to install it, just suggest they try alternates (and suggest a few).

Maybe I should just tell everyone to use Apex, Textra, and the other 3rd party replacements I like.
    Thanks. When I get some time I will try Apex and Nova. I assume you cant have both on your fone at the same time?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Thanks. When I get some time I will try Apex and Nova. I assume you cant have both on your fone at the same time?
    You can have multiples. I had 4 or 5 once while testing different ones.

At a minimum you'll always have 2, the one you in stall and the stock one (since you can't delete it).

Only one can be selected as the default at any time (the one you get when you tap the home button). But you can force a switch, though how easy that is varies.

Some versions of android let you set defaults for specific tasks (home, browser, messaging, email, ...) from settings.

At a minimum you can reset all the default apps, hit home button and choose. Depending on how many changes you've made that can be enough, it a real pain.

And you should be able to make a one time selection (that lasts until you hit home button) from the app drawer (list of all apps).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I have 10 panels on my Fiesta 2.
    I don't have/use the app drawer.

I put apps that I hardly use in the panels farthest from the first home screen.
    Set up the other panels with like apps, messages, emails, etc.
    Weather apps in another.
    Sites and forums that I regularly visit.
    Photos and different image sites on another panel.
    Why would you want to deal with 10 home screens? If there are apps used seldom/never why not get them off the home screens entirely? That is the purpose of an app drawer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Why would you want to deal with 10 home screens? If there are apps used seldom/never why not get them off the home screens entirely? That is the purpose of an app drawer.
    I'm just goofy like that 🤣

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Feedback Score
    Be aware you will lose the home screen double tap screen off LG feature (which I can't live without) with alternative launchers.

I'm very happy with the "Home & app drawer" home screen on my Rebel 3.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast