Thread: Current status of T-Mobile - USCC roaming?

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Current status of T-Mobile - USCC roaming?

What's the current status of roaming between T-Mobile and USCC? Where does LTE roaming work, where has it yet to be implemented. Does GSM roaming still work in Maine?
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm currently visiting SE West Virginia in USCC'S market and I was unable to connect to their network.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    What's the current status of roaming between T-Mobile and USCC? Where does LTE roaming work, where has it yet to be implemented. Does GSM roaming still work in Maine?
    Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, Nexus 6P, Moto G5 Plus, Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    From what I understand, you can only roam on US Cellular with certain phones that T-Mobile sells.

I asked about my Pixel 2 and they said that it wasn't compatible.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsoul1989 View Post
    I'm currently visiting SE West Virginia in USCC'S market and I was unable to connect to their network.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Well. That's pretty ironic considering T-Mobile's coverage map makes it look as if it should work. I have been suspecting that USCC is hiding it from us and giving it to T-Mobile customers because they know their LTE isn't good enough here for it. I have USCC around that area and have not yet received a VOLTE toggle on my Galaxy S8. I have noticed it on one iPhone 8 but am not sure if it gives VOLTE here yet or not. I tried calling the number 1 on that phone. It went over CDMA at least because I don't get good LTE from USCC where I was. It did have a different error message though with a woman saying "Your call could not be completed as dialed." then hanging up. My phone without it setup has a longer message with a man's voice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatheronthe8s View Post
    Well. That's pretty ironic considering T-Mobile's coverage map makes it look as if it should work. I have been suspecting that USCC is hiding it from us and giving it to T-Mobile customers because they know their LTE isn't good enough here for it. I have USCC around that area and have not yet received a VOLTE toggle on my Galaxy S8. I have noticed it on one iPhone 8 but am not sure if it gives VOLTE here yet or not. I tried calling the number 1 on that phone. It went over CDMA at least because I don't get good LTE from USCC where I was. It did have a different error message though with a woman saying "Your call could not be completed as dialed." then hanging up. My phone without it setup has a longer message with a man's voice.

T-Mobile does work from the East River Tunnel all the way to the toll booth in Ghent and a section from Dawson to White Sulphur Springs with Band 2, and 12 but there is a huge dead zone on I-64/77 which I couldn't even roam on AT&T. That includes the Beckley area. However I was finally able to roam on AT&T a couple miles on Rt. 60 after I lost service in Crawley.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsoul1989 View Post
    T-Mobile does work from the East River Tunnel all the way to the toll booth in Ghent and a section from Dawson to White Sulphur Springs with Band 2, and 12 but there is a huge dead zone on I-64/77 which I couldn't even roam on AT&T. That includes the Beckley area. However I was finally able to roam on AT&T a couple miles on Rt. 60 after I lost service in Crawley.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    Wow that sucks. I would think at least the AT&T roaming would work fine around here where T-Mobile doesn't work. I wonder why the AT&T roaming wasn't working right.