Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 151

Thread: USCC VoLTE Roaming Update from Exec

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,676
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    they wont sell
    And the Creekmores won't venture that far from Mississippi.
    Donald Newcomb

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    135
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 (US Cellular), 10.5 inch iPad Pro (Sprint)
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    yea im with u...forget where i read this all at but they are a family own company and was down sizing because it was too much and something about the family?,was the reason.

    they will NOT expand coverage if any thing itll be smaller if they continue to sell parts of its company, they also said they aint going no where but will stay as a small company....maybe they only have service where they know where verizon and sprint will pay to roam on the network?

    verizon phones which have CDMA/LTE radios should be fine even after verizon turns off CDMA USCC will still run on CDMA giving the verizon phone access to the network...now if ur verizon phone is 100% LTE with no CDMA radio then no u wont be able to roam on any CDMA tower
    Yeah. If that's the case and they're done building towers completely I can probably count on never getting VOLTE where I live then. Unless they don't care about people dropping calls like crazy it probably won't happen. Many of out towers out of town are placed as far away from each other as possible to not lose a CDMA signal which usually causes LTE to drop out. They only seem to have stable LTE in town for the most part. I know Verizon still roams on them quite a bit here and Sprint still does to a lesser extent. I'm fine with CDMA calls but I could at least use it for roaming especially when the CDMA networks get shut down. They might just sell my market though before they do much to improve the network though. I do know USCC seems to be losing customers in my area. Only time will tell.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,306
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcuzdave View Post
    I think Cspire should acquire USCC should they ever decide to sell.

    Sent from my LG-LS997 using HoFo mobile app
    Cspire is tiny compared to even USCC. Cspire has maybe 1 million customers and USCC has about 5 million. Both are not keeping up with the technology and can't compete with the other networks lower service prices when they provide equal service in their areas. The big networks are going to come in and take their customers and neither Csprire or USCC can afford to lose many customers and still pay for upgrades, maintenances and spectrum. I think Cspire will last a little longer than USCC only since it has a smaller network to keep up and running.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,676
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Cspire is tiny compared to even USCC. ..... I think Cspire will last a little longer than USCC only since it has a smaller network to keep up and running.
    CSpire has been in bed with Sprint. At one time I considered Sprint, because in Mississippi Sprint customers roam CSpire like home. CSpire customers have been roaming Sprint outside of CSpire's native coverage. If the merger goes forward, CSpire is going to have to get in bed with someone else, maybe T-Mobile. I'm not sure how interested T-Mobile will be in partnering with this technologically-backward still-CDMA carrier. While older Mississippians seem loyal to CSpire, I'm not sure that the younger crowd will continue to follow their parents' lead. CSpire will have to change. They are doing that, to an extent, now, by building their own state-wide fiber-optic network and delivering FTTP service to many localities. They've tried branching out in the past (e.g. TelePack LD) but cellular has always been their cash cow.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    6,480
    Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    0

    USCC VoLTE Roaming Update from Exec

    I don't see why T-Mobile wouldn't keep this existing deal in place if the merger goes through. Mississippi is very rural, and giving up coverage just to replicate C-Spire network seems backward. When I visited Biloxi/Gulfport in 2016 T-Mobile native coverage DEFINITELY left something to be desired.
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    556
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    I don't see why T-Mobile wouldn't keep this existing deal in place if the merger goes through. Mississippi is very rural, and giving up coverage just to replicate C-Spire network seems backward. When I visited Biloxi/Gulfport in 2016 T-Mobile native coverage DEFINITELY left something to be desired.
    If CSpire doesn't have VoLTE, then it's probably not going to make sense.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,306
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieAl View Post
    If CSpire doesn't have VoLTE, then it's probably not going to make sense.
    DRNewcomb is the expert on Cspire since he lives in Mississippi. All I know about Cspire is what I read. However I saw that Cspire has a WISP or Fixed Wireless for home internet that said provides unlimited internet with speeds of 120 Mbps for $50 per month. Don't know if their mobile network has VoLTE but they seem to at least be pushing 5G technology that has to support VoLTE. Cspire owns and builds underground fiber networks and in addition to their mobile network. They also provide cable TV and wireline home phones per their site. This extra business models makes me think they are going to be around for a while.


    C Spire Debuts '5G' Fixed Wireless Internet

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    6,480
    Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    DRNewcomb is the expert on Cspire since he lives in Mississippi. All I know about Cspire is what I read. However I saw that Cspire has a WISP or Fixed Wireless for home internet that said provides unlimited internet with speeds of 120 Mbps for $50 per month. Don't know if their mobile network has VoLTE but they seem to at least be pushing 5G technology that has to support VoLTE. Cspire owns and builds underground fiber networks and in addition to their mobile network. They also provide cable TV and wireline home phones per their site. This extra business models makes me think they are going to be around for a while.


    C Spire Debuts '5G' Fixed Wireless Internet
    They sound and seem very progressive to me. When I was in Mississippi they seemed prominently featured just like any other top tier carrier.

    Seems like a relationship for T-Mobile that's worth maintaining should the merger go through.

    @ least until they overbuild C-Spire 🤨

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,001
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    itll be nice if all the USA IDEN companies would merge making a 4th USA carrier and have a IDEN/LTE network

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,306
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    itll be nice if all the USA IDEN companies would merge making a 4th USA carrier and have a IDEN/LTE network
    Does Sprint or USCC or Cspire use IDENT Protocol? Do cell phones even make IDENT phones anymore? I sure can't find any IDENT phones on search or anything with a network and IDENT in 2018.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,618
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    itll be nice if all the USA IDEN companies would merge making a 4th USA carrier and have a IDEN/LTE network
    I think the regional carriers will eventually move toward becoming more of an MVNO of one of the top four carriers (three if the merger is approved). This would give their customers full nationwide coverage and yet they can keep their regional branding. They could then work in conjunction with one of the large carriers to upgrade their networks so that there is compatibility and interoperability. In exchange, maybe they could work out maintenance agreements to service the larger company's network in their region.

    But the days of creating a new nationwide carrier by merging smaller players seem to be over. There's just too much involved in doing that including getting enough spectrum. I'm doubtful that even a company with an unlimited budget could take even all of Dish's unused spectrum and put together a new carrier. The costs to steal market share would be astronomical---you'd have to greatly discount your initial product offering to get people to try you out.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,676
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Does Sprint or USCC or Cspire use IDENT Protocol? Do cell phones even make IDENT phones anymore? I sure can't find any IDENT phones on search or anything with a network and IDENT in 2018.
    No. Southern LINC is iDEN but that's a case of the Southern Company just monetizing the excess capacity of their in-house maintenance communications system.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,306
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I'm doubtful that even a company with an unlimited budget could take even all of Dish's unused spectrum and put together a new carrier. The costs to steal market share would be astronomical---you'd have to greatly discount your initial product offering to get people to try you out.
    Thanks for saying something about Dish so I could post Dish's statement about building out a 5G NR Network. Sorry I have been biting at the bit to post Dish Network excuse to the FCC for trying to delay their build out so the FCC won't take back some of their spectrum that must be deployed in early 2020 to avoid the FCC from reclaiming their spectrum. Dish has been planing on building out a $1 Billion Safety Network that uses like 2% of their spectrum to claim Dish isn't hoarding spectrum licenses without a clear plan to put them into commercial use.

    3GPP after years of work just approved Release 15 that approves 5G NR that requires a 4G LTE backbone that supports 5G NR. Dish now wants the FCC to allow them to wait on 3GPP Release 16 that is a Stand-Alone 5G solution with no 4G LTE. 3GPP's Release 16 has just started to be defined and is years away. This is the worst excuse I have read and it should be clear to the FCC that Dish has no intentions of building a real comercial network of any type.


    Dish: Our 5G network is for the good of the U.S.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,306
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    No. Southern LINC is iDEN but that's a case of the Southern Company just monetizing the excess capacity of their in-house maintenance communications system.
    Thanks you. I didn't think IDENT was still being used and sure didn't want it on my phone in case of a Sprint merger.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2
    Device(s)
    Note9, Note8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    T-Mobile LTE roaming on USCC is finally LIVE here in Maine, at least where I am!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-08-2017, 07:23 AM
  2. roaming solutions from canada to us
    By badga in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2002, 07:51 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2002, 10:11 AM
  4. FS: Lunar Grey T68m - Updated from last Post
    By GaDgEtMoN in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2002, 10:38 PM
  5. any update from siemen recently?
    By H.L. in forum Siemens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-07-2001, 02:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks