Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: USCC VoLTE Roaming Update from Exec

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile | $10 UNLIMITED EVERYTHING + $20 SPEED BOOST
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down USCC VoLTE Roaming Update from Exec

I was talking to a USCC Exec the other day and I was able to ask them about VoLTE deployment, here's what they had to say:

VoLTE is only available in Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, and northern Illinois with no plans to expand; and there is some in Maine and Massachusetts. As for the rest of the Midwest, New England, Mid-Atlantic, and the entire Pacific Northwest, there are currently no plans for VoLTE expansion in those markets.

I just thought this might be helpful to some folks who were looking to roam on USCC VoLTE, as I was! My business travels almost require USCC... so it is sad to see them not keep up with demand.
    T-Mobile. Connecting you when you need it most... disconnecting you when you need to connect with God's beautiful creation! Service is great in cities and highways, but in rural areas they leave you with just your surroundings. I encourage you to get T-Mobile, disconnect for a while!

I am glad that God is not like cell phone coverage. He does not hide behind mountains or loose us down long windy roads. The Lord levels mountains, and He makes our paths straight!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Thanks for the update. Although this is unfortunate; all the better for T-Mobile to build out these small areas on their own without any further delay.

Did he say why? Is it lack of funding or willingness on their part?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I hope T-Mobile overbuilds all those markets and sucks all the oxygen out of USCC's tiny little lungs.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 (US Cellular), 10.5 inch iPad Pro (Sprint)
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmobiley View Post
    I was talking to a USCC Exec the other day and I was able to ask them about VoLTE deployment, here's what they had to say:

VoLTE is only available in Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, and northern Illinois with no plans to expand; and there is some in Maine and Massachusetts. As for the rest of the Midwest, New England, Mid-Atlantic, and the entire Pacific Northwest, there are currently no plans for VoLTE expansion in those markets.

I just thought this might be helpful to some folks who were looking to roam on USCC VoLTE, as I was! My business travels almost require USCC... so it is sad to see them not keep up with demand.
    Well thank you for the update. I'm a USCC customer in West Virginia so I really wouldn't be surprised if I didn't have VOLTE for it's hard to tell how long. There is a good reason though because the LTE coverage where I live in Beckley is kinda in and out when you're not in town so if I had it now I would probably turn it off. I'm not really sure if their network is fast enough here either. Maybe they can at least give it to us for roaming before Verizon's CDMA gets shut down. Or maybe they will actually have it by then but I don't know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    USM or USCC seems to want to sell service in the less populated or difficult terrain areas for spectrum. USCC seems to service the areas that wasn't populated and profitable enough for the big four networks to build out till now. USCC only has about 5 million customers broken into several small pockets across the country. USCC is a house of cards when one or two of the pockets of service falls, it is going to become difficult to continue running a profit. That is why USCC isn't going to spend a lot of money building out VoLTE or upgrading their network since their plan is to stay in biz only as long as it is making a profit.

Verizon confirmed to FierceWireless that it is currently planning to shut down its CDMA 1X network by Dec. 31, 2019 and Sprint moving to the T-Mobile network is a death notice to USCC nationwide roaming coverage. USCC will sell out to one of the four major networks when they get to the end of the plank they are walking out on now.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 07-16-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    USM or USCC seems to want to sell service in the less populated or difficult terrain areas for spectrum. USCC seems to service the areas that wasn't populated and profitable enough for the big four networks to build out till now. USCC only has about 5 million customers broken into several small pockets across the country. USCC is a house of cards when one or two of the pockets of service falls, it is going to become difficult to continue running a profit. That is why USCC isn't going to spend a lot of money building out VoLTE or upgrading their network since their plan is to stay in biz only as long as it is making a profit.

Verizon confirmed to FierceWireless that it is currently planning to shut down its CDMA 1X network by Dec. 31, 2019 and Sprint moving to the T-Mobile network is a death notice to USCC nationwide roaming coverage. USCC will sell out to one of the four major networks when they get to the end of the plank they are walking out on now.
    Yeah. That merger can kill USCC if they don't do something. If nothing is done Sprint's CDMA won't be around too much longer and USCC will be left in the dust without roaming and may have to sell out. Even if they do get VOLTE roaming though the phone manufacturers may quit making CDMA phones by then.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    VoLTE is only available in ... Nebraska
    Where is this enabled? I haven't seen any news about it, and a recent post on Reddit from a few weeks ago seems to concur.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatheronthe8s View Post
    Yeah. That merger can kill USCC if they don't do something. If nothing is done Sprint's CDMA won't be around too much longer and USCC will be left in the dust without roaming and may have to sell out. Even if they do get VOLTE roaming though the phone manufacturers may quit making CDMA phones by then.

Well USCC should have seen the handwriting on the wall for CDMA.

Verizon sells a non-CDMA phone

Sprint CDMA international roaming networks shutting down

" Across the globe carriers are shutting down CDMA networks as they convert to GSM and LTE networks. Sprint currently offers international roaming on CDMA networks for customers with devices not capable of accessing roaming on GSM networks while traveling abroad. After the end of 2016, these international CDMA networks will no longer be available for Sprint customers. Devices that are not GSM capable will no longer work when traveling outside of United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Canada. To stay connected for international travel destinations a GSM capable device will be required after December 2016."

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

If they told you Mass has VoLTE they were either mistaken or misinformed (alternatively this conversation never happened.) USCC does not have a network or any spectrum holdings in MA.
    Worn out retail warrior. Now retired on the golf course.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Well USCC should have seen the handwriting on the wall for CDMA.

Verizon sells a non-CDMA phone

Sprint CDMA international roaming networks shutting down

" Across the globe carriers are shutting down CDMA networks as they convert to GSM and LTE networks. Sprint currently offers international roaming on CDMA networks for customers with devices not capable of accessing roaming on GSM networks while traveling abroad. After the end of 2016, these international CDMA networks will no longer be available for Sprint customers. Devices that are not GSM capable will no longer work when traveling outside of United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Canada. To stay connected for international travel destinations a GSM capable device will be required after December 2016."
    Yeah. I'm not sure what their plan is about CDMA. For all I know they could just be waiting for an opportunity to sell. I'm not sure what I will have in a couple years.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I hope T-Mobile overbuilds all those markets and sucks all the oxygen out of USCC's tiny little lungs.
    Yeah I was thinking that Magenta can make a play for them once the Sprint merger closes. USCC already has the gear in place so it's easier than building a network from scratch.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Yeah I was thinking that Magenta can make a play for them once the Sprint merger closes. USCC already has the gear in place so it's easier than building a network from scratch.
    Verizon or AT&T would outbid T-Mobile to get USCC's cellular licenses.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Verizon or AT&T would outbid T-Mobile to get USCC's cellular licenses.
    Really? Verizon has no interest in their 700MHz spectrum, otherwise they wouldn't have sold it to T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieAl View Post
    Really? Verizon has no interest in their 700MHz spectrum, otherwise they wouldn't have sold it to T-Mobile.
    Yea, and AT&T sold all their 600 Mhz spectrum after they got 20 Mhz of 700 MHz from the First Net. Also, T-Mobile got most of their 700 Mhz Block A from buying it from Verizon. Does Verizon even have any Block 12 spectrum?

Feedback Score
    It doesn't seem like Verizon or att want or really need any more low band.

I could be wrong

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast