Thread: BlackBerry Key2 - Experience, Impressions, Opinion

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

BlackBerry Key2 - Experience, Impressions, Opinion

Anyone using this as their daily driver? I am. It's been a week. Pleased thus far. Solid device all around.

My top 4 'pros': Battery life, Keyboard (improvement over KeyOne), Material design, voice call quality

My top 2 'cons': average screen brightness, 4.5" screen size will take a while to get used to again (most all smartphone devices push 5.5" these days)

Android Oreo is quite stable on the device. It is said that the Bold 9900 keyboard inspired the Key2. While it is better than the Key1, I still think it has some 'ways' to go before it's in the same category as the 9900. Even the Classic has a better keyboard. Who knows, maybe the Key3 will optimize and enhance things.

Device(s)
    BB KEYone BE
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Are you coming from a KEYone? Your two cons pretty much apply to the KEYone as both phones use the exact same screen. For me, I use my phone mostly indoors so the screen brightness or lack thereof, is not an issue for me. I'm still using my KEYone BE on beta Oreo. Trying to find a gently used silver KEY2 but nothing yet.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Yes I used the KeyOne for a while but eventually moved on. The keys were too small and the material build was suboptimal. These 2 things have been significantly improved, so much that I can extend my use with the Key2 and keep it for months, maybe at least even a year. The screen brightness is still an issue IMO however at this point not significant enough to let the device go.

Feedback Score
    BlackBerry Key2 is a phone clearly not made for everyone that's for sure ...
    But it's always nice to have different proposals especially in a market in which products all more and more tend to look alike.
    Question: Have you tested the single or dual-SIM version? Is the microSD port dedicated or hybrid with the 2nd SIM? Finding a phone where you can put 2 SIMs and an SD at the same time is quite rare.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Tutuapp Kodi Lucky Patcher

Feedback Score
    BlackBerry Key2 is a phone clearly not made for everyone that's for sure ...
    But it's always nice to have different proposals especially in a market in which products all more and more tend to look alike.
    Question: Have you tested the single or dual-SIM version? Is the microSD port dedicated or hybrid with the 2nd SIM? Finding a phone where you can put 2 SIMs and an SD at the same time is quite rare.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Tutuapp Kodi Lucky Patcher

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Motion
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by footmatix View Post
    Anyone using this as their daily driver? I am. It's been a week. Pleased thus far. Solid device all around.

My top 4 'pros': Battery life, Keyboard (improvement over KeyOne), Material design, voice call quality

My top 2 'cons': average screen brightness, 4.5" screen size will take a while to get used to again (most all smartphone devices push 5.5" these days)

Android Oreo is quite stable on the device. It is said that the Bold 9900 keyboard inspired the Key2. While it is better than the Key1, I still think it has some 'ways' to go before it's in the same category as the 9900. Even the Classic has a better keyboard. Who knows, maybe the Key3 will optimize and enhance things.
    There have been reports of issues with the keyboard, some of which has been resolved with an update. Low light pictures apparently were pretty shoddy too but, again, patched and are much better. Any comments on those?

I'm waiting to see the pricing of the 128GB version and the K2 Lite before I decide whether to grab one for myself, need to see all the options.