Feedback Score
    Here we go Name:  Screenshot_20200811-010420.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  26.4 KB

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    Here we go
    I'm totally aware of all that thanks and I have auto update off, etc etc. I think you're missing what I'm saying because you don't notice it. You said you "check" for updates daily on apps you use. How do you check if a specific app has an update? If you're looking in your PlayStore apps for the ones that say Update, that's because Google Play Services has already run a check to see which of your apps has an update. This happens whenever you connect to wifi or data. You don't notice because you're on wifi or data daily from what you said. Since Google Play Services just made a check for new updates the day before, it would be quick and you wouldn't even know. If you haven't been on wifi or data for a week you may notice it.
    Maybe someone can explain it better and confirm please.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I'm totally aware of all that thanks and I have auto update off, etc etc. I think you're missing what I'm saying because you don't notice it. You said you "check" for updates daily on apps you use. How do you check if a specific app has an update? If you're looking in your PlayStore apps for the ones that say Update, that's because Google Play Services has already run a check to see which of your apps has an update. This happens whenever you connect to wifi or data. You don't notice because you're on wifi or data daily from what you said. Since Google Play Services just made a check for new updates the day before, it would be quick and you wouldn't even know. If you haven't been on wifi or data for a week you may notice it.
    Ooh I see what you mean.

I check to see which ones that I use have an update and then I click to update the ones I want updated.
    I don't click on the apps that I don't want to update. I have 6 that I don't Update because they are garbage apps that I can't remove or disable.

I was thinking that you meant that the apps themselves update even when you don't want them to update whenever you either turn on data or Wi-Fi.

They can't if you use the 'do not automatically update' setting.

It was very late when I posted that so I'm going with that excuse.

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Since Google Play Services just made a check for new updates the day before, it would be quick and you wouldn't even know. If you haven't been on wifi or data for a week you may notice it.
    After enough updates accumulate, I get a notification. That links to the Play Store app where you can see more detail. I assume if you don't do an update, the app stays in the list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jzigzag44 View Post
    When I turn on data, my phone uses about 5MB every day, without me doing anything data related. That comes to 1GB after 200 days, so that's an extra $10 every 200 days that I didn't need to spend. Is that unusual for a phone to eat data even when you don't do anything data related?
    Go into settings and find the data usage entry. It should show you which apps are using data. You may find Android OS is near the top of the list. If it is the culprit, you could look at turning off background data for things like Google+ and Photos. Also Weather/Time widgets eat data.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12